Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

BoS, what do i do wrong.

Hey Guys,

i switched to the BoS spec as soon as i got my 4p. But i feel like i could do a lot more dmg with it than i'm currently doing.
    I know that it depends on the boss but my understanding is that i use Bos on pull for the most fights,( except elisandre i guess) and then i try using it on cd.

The first breath is 45-75 sec long depending on proccs , how the boss is moving etc. But my second breath is mostly only 20-30sec long.

I wait till i got 3 full runes and 3 half charging befor activating Bos together with RW, Pof and my Hov trinket, then i try keeping my runic power up obli, rime procs and horn of winter until i got no runes anymore. At this point i use my HRW.

My current stats are 22,35 crit, 20.97 haste 39.86 mastery and 5.12/2.56 vers.
    Pawn string is
    Strength=15.53, Ap=12.65, CritRating=12.73, HasteRating=12.53, MasteryRating=11.45, Versatility=12.06, Dps=10.33
    my sim dps is at 585001.5 with 897ilvl equiped

I could use my hunger of the pack trinket to get more crit but simcraft says that How+memento is the most dmg for me.
    my Talents are 3/3/2/3/1/3/2
    I got no dmg legendary except the syndragosa pants and sephuz.

Charakter is Noìre from blackmoore eu

weapon relicts are
    1 ambidexterity2 Nothing but the boots

i would love some insight from you guys cause i dont know what to do anymore,

greetings Asrael

You don't mention using ERW during BoS. You just assuming that we know you know to pop it too? What legendaries do you equip?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnmean View Post
    You don't mention using ERW during BoS. You just assuming that we know you know to pop it too? What legendaries do you equip?
    ERW? can you spell it out for me since i dont use the english client. i eq sephuz and consorts cold core.

Quote Originally Posted by asrael42 View Post
    ERW? can you spell it out for me since i dont use the english client. i eq sephuz and consorts cold core.
    Empower Rune Weapon

Empower Rune Weapon

Deleted
    you mean my hungering rune weapon?

''At this point i use my HRW.''

Never use BoS without HRW coming up, thats why Convergence of fates is such a key trinket in this build.

Deleted
    What is your actual damage on a ST fight, what's your weapon trait level? Have you simmed yourself on a sub 4 min fight?

If you're hitting your sims, then it's fine.

Youre fine if your logs are fine, except Krosus there is no fight where you are going to be fighting even remotely close to how sims are set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend checking out this post by Magdalena on Breath https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...n8S7rkVU_66XXQ
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    What is your actual damage on a ST fight, what's your weapon trait level? Have you simmed yourself on a sub 4 min fight?

If you're hitting your sims, then it's fine.
    first of all, thanks for the quick answers.

at st i'm at 570k -582k ish. my weapon trait lvl is at 48.

What bothers me is that i sim with bos only 20k more dps than with mg spec. i though bos was supposed to do a lot more especially with the 4p.

now i'm wondering if bos is really worth it since the risk of getting a really good bos is pretty high compared to the consistency of the Mg spec.

for example, if the tank moves the boss around to quickly aka warri with jump etc, i often dropp bos since i cant reach the boss intime.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoccx View Post
    Never use BoS without HRW coming up, thats why Convergence of fates is such a key trinket in this build.
    The example parse Magdalena used, the DK used it 3 times (Cast Length: 46s/28s/54s), without legendary ring the DK still casted BoS without a HRW available. Without CoF, I know that I can usually get ~3 BoS a fight if:

Pull: BoS w/HRW
    2 Min Later: BoS
    4 Min Later: BoS w/HRW

Also, I've been seeing that CoF has been nerfed for F.DKs which make aligning the 2nd BoS w/HRW difficult.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Post logs. What you do during BoS is more important that its uptime. Really hard to guess what your issue may be without a log.

And the more difficult part of playing BoS is understand the fights and when to use it most optimally. Blowing it on CD is rarely the best approach.

Deleted
    1)You must learn the boss fight, so that you can squeeze max DPS(know when adds are coming, know when to pot, when you get BL etc.). This is the most important factor in this game.

2)Use BoS + HRW + Pillar of Frost on pull. Then use it again, every 3rd min, so BoS + HRW + Pillar are perfectly lined up(2min, 3min, and 1min CD's). You can use Pillar of Frost every 60sec. Use Remorseless Winter every 20sec.

Do NOT use BoS without HRW and Pillar of Frost.

3)Get the Trinket from Elisande.

And lastly - practice and analyze. All the time. Look on your DPS meter all the time.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-02-03 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoccx View Post
    Actually the trinket got a pretty big nerf, so much so that most FDK's are spamming for a Horn of valor.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    Actually the trinket got a pretty big nerf, so much so that most FDK's are spamming for a Horn of valor.
    I'd rather give myself a lemon juice enema than spam mythic+ HoV.

Deleted
    Well I was really lucky to get Horn of valour from the weekly chest (I also got my 4th leggos... Boots... Fml... 3rd utility leggos and still Prydaz in the pool).

These types of on use trinkets are important for the burn phase of any boss fight and any legendary that increases BoS usefulness e.g. bracers (and helm for an overall dps increase) are also desired.

The fact that you are already doing more dps than mg is a testament to its potential. Keep practising!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    1)You must learn the boss fight, so that you can squeeze max DPS(know when adds are coming, know when to pot, when you get BL etc.). This is the most important factor in this game.

2)Use BoS + HRW + Pillar of Frost on pull. Then use it again, every 3rd min, so BoS + HRW + Pillar are perfectly lined up(2min, 3min, and 1min CD's). You can use Pillar of Frost every 60sec. Use Remorseless Winter every 20sec.

Do NOT use BoS without HRW and Pillar of Frost.

3)Get the Trinket from Elisande.

And lastly - practice and analyze. All the time. Look on your DPS meter all the time.
    i thought that you use bos on cd, so first bos with hrw, second without and 3rd again with hrw. Am i wrong?

logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17

Deleted
    i thought that you use bos on cd, so first bos with hrw, second without and 3rd again with hrw. Am i wrong?

If you have the trinket/legendary ring, yes. If not, you must save every BoS with HRW(BoS every 3rd min).

This is also true according to the document there is around.

If you have 2/4 set bonus, you must also use Rime procs during BoS(regardless with/without ring/trinket), if you don't have set bonus, ignore Rime during BoS.

If you want to farm BiS setup, go for the legendary Helm and Ring, or Helm and Bracers(with Elisande trinket), or Helm and Waist(with Elisande trinket).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-02-03 at 06:32 PM.

It depends on the fight length and fight mechanics.

If the boss is expected to die ~5:00, if you only used BoS with HRW you would only get two uses (0:10 and 3:10, for instance) of (lets be generous) 60 seconds each. Thats 120seconds or 40% uptime, with 40 seconds bolsterd by PoF.

On the other hand, if you use BoS w/ PoF and HRW at 0:10, again at 2:10 with PoF but without HRW, you still have it up again at 4:10 with PoF and HRW. That nets you one use of 60 sec, another of 30 seconds (again, generous), and a final one of 50 seconds. Total is 140 seconds or 47% uptime with 60 seconds bolstered by PoF. This scenario wins.

Now if the same boss is expected to die at ~4:20, you would get one use of 60sec w/ PoF, one use of 30sec w/ PoF, and one use of 10 sec w/ PoF, totaling 100 seconds or 38% uptime with 50 seconds PoF.

If you only use BoS twice on a 4:20 kill, both are supported by PoF and HRW and you get 120 second or 46% uptime bolstered by 40 sec of PoF.

So on a 5 minute fight you should use BoS on CD. On a 4:20 fight you should hold the second BoS until HRW is back up.

Of course the situation will change again if you are expecting a 6min or 7min fight, and will be heavily affected by movement, add spawns, phase transitions, etc. but only using BoS when HRW is up will not always be the best choice.
    Last edited by Hoeth; 2017-02-03 at 07:32 PM.