Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is such a stupid move... If U.S are so strong right now is because they are respected by most country and have build very strong ally across the world, Trump and people who support that kind a behaviour don't realize you only lose by doing something so childish. Other leader will see this and view the POTUS as unpredictable and not ready to discuss tough subject. I would not be surprise to see many country slowly lowering their business with U.S.A and starting to seek other big power as ally, like china or EU.

In Canada many people are talking about getting even closer to China because the view U.S politics as to unstable and unpredictable.I know Canada is a small country with not a lot of power, but it's very respected in international organization and hold huge reserve of naturals resources and water. something U.S doesn't want to go to china, India or E.U.

Trump is acting tough but he will soon realize it's going to be rough to be tough if no one backing you...

Deleted
    And the downfall continues ... thanks to one lunatic. Four interesting years ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good move for Trump. Australia needs to get in line.

#Makeamericagreatagain

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Trump's going to threaten to send troops there, too?

RIP USA sorry guys, you are fucked lol. Thankfully he will be impeached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Actually that's an option.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-0...ulture/8191408

http://traveller24.news24.com/News/F...-boom-20170130

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busine...ac2936d969a523

http://www.decanter.com/wine-news/au...t-data-354241/

https://www.domain.com.au/news/influ...170131-gu25bb/

These are all news articles about the booming business relationship between Australia and China in various fields -- real estate, agriculture, travel, etc.

They are all from the last week.

Australia can fall in line, yes, but not the way you're suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Read WaPo's headlines for the last two months and then decide whether or not they are partisan and reliable. They are every bit as skewed as Breitbart.
    You know, there is "bias" and there's "outright propaganda". You're running in danger of losing perspective and becoming a paranoid heap of despair if you go down that road. Media is shite, I know that. They should do a better job. I agree. But going to an outright propaganda machine in the hopes of getting better News from them... that's like cutting your hand off because you have an itch in your thumb.

Up to you, but I can't take people seriously that quote Breitbart. Whatever information they want to source, if it's legit, they're able to find a much more credible source than Breitbart. And if they cannot find a credible source outside of Breitbart... well, sometimes I am a bit of a gambling man, but the bet that Breitbart is the only one catching news of something, that's a bet I'll never take.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Trump is actively trying to destroy foreign relations with every country other than Russia.

Gee, I wonder what ulterior motive he might have there.
    Could it be something to do with oil & gas? I'd say yes.

The fact that former Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson (Trump's Sec'y of State) will try to shore up Exxon's stock value and credit rating, which has recently taken hits from Exxon's exaggerating their reserves by some 20%, and Exxon has over 63 million acres of unexplored/untapped land in Russia that it desperately needs to exploit. At the same time Tillerson would greatly benefit from his Exxon golden parachute which has millions of dollars in stock.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Uhm... deep throat was a anonymous source, the difference is that his reveal lead to further investigation. Despite Nixon using the same rhetoric you are using. Journalists have not change, you just treat what used to be random people screaming on street corners, as journalists through twitter and Facebook. The mediums have changed...

The reason these are believed is due to Trump's rhetoric, not something made up. If Trump is going to boast about being a dick to other nations, don't get pissed at reporting that believes he was a dick to other nations.
    Correct Deepthroat was a source whom had tangible material/information that went somewhere. The source in this case is complete bullshit. In the other article, where Trump was stated to have said he was going to get rid of the "Bad Hombres", the mexican president himself came out and said this is false. In this case, you have an article saying Trump hung up on the PM, that the relationship with Australia is shaken, which Turnball himself discredited.

This is fake news

I mean sure, if their's waves of tangible material coming forth that can be verified and you hear me saying it's false. Nixon away at me. This isn't such an occasion.

Today's yellow journalism is by far and large different then it's predecessors 30-40, hell even a 100 years ago. You got a click bait headline and a tasty tidbit that for the most part was grounded in reality while being largely opinionated. Today's click bait headlines use sufficient enough body to create a framework of reality and then ejaculate at much opinion or filter however much they can through a narrative lens to fill said framework. Trying to deliver a payload of conjecture on the smallest morsel of fact. Bias has always been in journalism and years ago journalists made it known, they were open about it. Today EVERYONE is masquerading as a journalist, when in reality they are just baseless shit posters. In years past, journalists were known, their name was their brand and usually it stood to their viewers as a badge of integrity. The majority of today's journalists are largely unknown. Represented by the last hurrah's of the Cronkite legacy, who have removed the element of journalism from their careers and instead rely on others to shovel feed them the garbage they then peddle to us under a guise of legitmacy.

Half of Trump's rhetoric is created by these very same articles. People need to check their confirmation bias. I mean you'd jump on someone for linking a breitbart article, yet here are so many of you flip flopping on the same kinda context under a different name.

I often find myself in disagreement with posters here, who for the large part I have a tremendous amount of respect for, even though we disagree. Largely, because no matter how much I disagree with said posters they genuinely believe in their argument. They have self standards. We can all agree fake news is an issue, but the people here trying to defend the authenticity of this are part of the problem. In part because they have no standards and only enforce as truth that to which serves their narratives. People should be ashamed for being kool aid drinking ass hats. I know this will probably garner me yet another infraction but it needed to be said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Correct Deepthroat was a source whom had tangible material/information that went somewhere. The source in this case is complete bullshit. In the other article, where Trump was stated to have said he was going to get rid of the "Bad Hombres", the mexican president himself came out and said this is false. In this case, you have an article saying Trump hung up on the PM, that the relationship with Australia is shaken, which Turnball himself discredited.

This is fake news.
    The hang-up was likely hyperbole, yes, but don't try to tell us that there's no severe disagreement going on:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...02559122567168

EDIT: Video in this article straight from the horses mouth:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...05abc0d140c3a8
    Last edited by Radio; 2017-02-02 at 10:57 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    The hang-up was likely hyperbole, yes, but don't try to tell us that there's no severe disagreement going on:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...02559122567168

EDIT: Video in this article straight from the horses mouth:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...05abc0d140c3a8
    Is Trump happy about honoring refugee's? Clearly not. Let's call a spade, a spade. Disagreement? Not as far as Turnball is concerned. Shaken relationship with Austrailia? Nope. Tons of conjecture and falsehoods piggy backed onto the smallest of facts.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...all-to-pm.html

Great example

"In radio interviews, Turnbull said the U.S.–Australia alliance “is absolutely rock-solid, it is so strong,” and stressed that President Trump had personally committed to preserving the agreement. When Sydney’s 2GB radio asked if he’d seen the tweet, he said, “Well, that is his tweet. I’m telling you what’s been said to us.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Is Trump happy about honoring refugee's? Clearly not. Let's call a spade, a spade. Disagreement? Not as far as Turnball is concerned. Shaken relationship with Austrailia? Nope. Tons of conjecture and falsehoods piggy backed onto the smallest of facts.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...all-to-pm.html

Great example

"In radio interviews, Turnbull said the U.S.–Australia alliance “is absolutely rock-solid, it is so strong,” and stressed that President Trump had personally committed to preserving the agreement. When Sydney’s 2GB radio asked if he’d seen the tweet, he said, “Well, that is his tweet. I’m telling you what’s been said to us.”
    Turnbull runs a political machine that absolutely refuses to comment on drama or negative things like our immigration detention centres. When it comes to the drama it's a nice change but the government is then opaque when it comes to stuff that actually matters.

We've had senior cabinet ministers corroborating that the phone call was at least tense and that Turnbull had to be persuasive.

But yes, as far as the relationship between our countries go, it's only a slight hiccup.

The real interesting shit will happen when Trump starts prickling China as we try to strengthen our relationship with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I guess Trump's going to threaten to send troops there, too?
    Stop reading fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    But yes, as far as the relationship between our countries go, it's only a slight hiccup.
    Yes, but only because there is just ONE Trump in the conversation. The other dude is diplomatic and trying to ensure said continuation of the relationship.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

America most hated country in the world by the end of 2017.

US vs the world won't be a fantasy for long LUL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm shocked that a man notorious for acting like a piece of shit in business acts like a piece of shit in politics.
    But he's also the President of the United States. We don't need a piece of shit running our country.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

And despite this massive tantrum the deal is still going ahead, and today Trump appears to be doing his usual backpedal routine:

As the White House confirmed a “horrible deal” between Australia and the US on refugees would remain, US President Donald Trump cast more scepticism.
    He said he questioned the purpose of the agreement, and suggested the number of refugees could increase to 2,000, after the Trump administration agreed to honour an Obama-era plan to resettle 1,250 asylum seekers in the US.
    “For whatever reason President Obama said that they were going to take probably well over a thousand illegal immigrants who were in prisons and they were going to bring them and take them into this country,” Trump said.
    “And I just said why?”
    “Why are we doing this?”
    “We have to be treated fairly also, we have to be treated fairly.”
    “So we’ll see what happens. When the previous administration does something, you have to respect that, but you can also say, why are we doing this?” he said.
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...3bd8d51637a47a

Of course he's too busy to pursue that today, he has a busy schedule of slamming Schwarzenegger's ratings on the Apprentice at the National Prayer Breakfast, in front of lawmakers and religious leaders from 70 countries.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/02/po...yer-breakfast/

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Stop reading fake news.
    Wasn't that "bad hombre" leak from the same source as this Turnbull one? Ie, some unnamed White House source.

The only difference is that this one has been all but confirmed by now.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-02-03 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And despite this massive tantrum the deal is still going ahead, and today Trump appears to be doing his usual backpedal routine:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...3bd8d51637a47a

Of course he's too busy to pursue that today, he has a busy schedule of slamming Schwarzenegger's ratings on the Apprentice at the National Prayer Breakfast, in front of lawmakers and religious leaders from 70 countries.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/02/po...yer-breakfast/

Wasn't that "bad hombre" leak from the same source as this Turnbull one? Ie, some unnamed White House source.

The only difference is that this one has been all but confirmed by now.
    I love how Trump just uses his own alternate facts. They are not in prisons and are not illegal immigrants (if they were Australia woupd just send them back). They are in detention centers (processing centres for refugees in australia) and are asylum-seekers

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post

#Makeamericagreatagain
    Huh? Australia's already in line. We're on the same page as America in practically every way.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Can someone tell me why we can never have sources instead of hearsay?

"I heard he said X".

Ok, that's great, but just give me some evidence, then I will comment on it.
    Oh, nvm, it seems like australia PM debunked these claims.

Good lord I've lost track of how many of these have been debunked.

This is sad. I mean genuinely sad.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..