Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Funny to see idiots on international forums assuming that all posters are Americans and also giving a fuck about a side or the other.
    Even ignoring the irony of you saying this when your previous post was assuming people criticizing this guy's past must have been "retarded Hillary supporters", Espe's post mentions fuck all about Americans. Or any other nationalities for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    You will need to explain how what I said follows the form of a loaded question, because right now it feels more like something you copy/pasta'd without knowing the meaning.
    You made a faulty premise based on faulty data to make a statement for which any response damages the accused.

There is evidence. There is written record (the yearbook). The prospective SCOTUS judge confirmed it, as did his school teacher at the time. They also claim that it was more a joke than a serious infatuation with fascism - but again - that does confirm it existed.
    Did you bother to read the article posted above from America Magazine (not a bastion of conservatism) saying that there was no club, subsequently additionally confirmed by teachers and classmates?

As people have noted, this seems to become a daily thing. Someone posts some nonsense, it disseminates through social media, it is shown to be false, those on the left cry "yeah yeah yeah but nazis" and it repeats the next day.
    Last edited by Sargerasraider; 2017-02-03 at 01:54 AM.

Also, regardless of the particular topic, "kids will be kids" and "we all do stupid stuff like being homophobic racists when we're young" is atrocious rhetoric.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Why would they leave California?
    I imagine a lot of companies would leave Cal if they left the US. Im sure some would not want to be based in some fledgling foreign country.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Also, regardless of the particular topic, "kids will be kids" and "we all do stupid stuff like being homophobic racists when we're young" is atrocious rhetoric.
    The point of the group was to go against "leftist tendencies" was looks more aimed to be mischievous in general. There's nothing suggesting this guy was engaged in anything bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Yeah I mean what dumb cuck would condemn people for doing stupid things in their college/high school years and then quickly growing up and dropping it, like founding a fascist organization, or leading a radical feminist group?

God, what dumb retard would do that.

I'm not even sure what you're getting at here.

But just in case we're reinginiting the beef: Don't you have more retarded appeals to hypocrisy to make?

Reminds me of this image.

The fascists movements show their head every now and then.
    It's interesting that THIS time they are blaming the left and the Muslims.
    Jews and blacks are just happy they aren't being the main target this time.
    I guess you haven't been paying attention, they have exactly the same accusations towards Jews as the Nazis did. Go to a site like "The Right Stuff Radio" or whatever Richard Spencer has been up to where they explain what the "alt-right" is all about. Their opinion of Muslims has very little to do with their opinion on Jews and their opinion on Jews is still the same as what the original Nazis thought of Jews.

These people are REAL Nazis and they're rapidly becoming a thing in both the US and Europe again and it's all because of people like you who lash out calling anyone who shows a sign of disagreement with the liberal agenda a Nazi. You blurred the lines and made the Nazi accusation meaningless which just paved the way for actual Nazis who will be happy to build concentration camps.

I mean, you have absolutely no idea what I believe in politically, yet the moment you hear I'm not a leftist you start screaming "fascist! fascist! fascist!". Normal right-wingers have been warning about the rise of the far right all this time and all you've done is pour gasoline on the fire. We warned you that pushing these absurd liberal agendas like mass immigration, gay marriage and whatever through by merely branding opponents some sort of far right Nazis would work short-term (as even right-wing politicians are super nervous about their reputations) but would lead to a massively empowered far right later on as people who genuinely don't give a fuck about their reputation take over.

That name is obviously a parody thats intended as a shot at the left for their over use of the term.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Well, no, I'm not assuming that.

If a state secedes and then is retaken by force the state will without a doubt suffer significant economic loss, which means that the economies that thrive there (tech for California) would see a significant drop off in revenue.
    Only if the tech companies decided that they were on board with seceding in the first place. Otherwise they wouldn't have been in California to be forcibly retaken.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

I was just about to say this is kinda shitty of him if it's true, and of course it turned out to be false. Of course it did.

I'm tired of having to say "yeah this is awful if it's true," because there's so much bullshit being thrown around.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's neither trolling nor foolish to point out that an accused fascist would deny any involvement in a fascist club. Denial should be expected, it isn't evidence to the contrary.
    Denial by plenty of people that would have a political motive to support the claim? There is NO ONE supporting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    That's funny, did you embrace him when he said "white niggers" on TV... in 2001?

Should I link the video?
    You think that saying the "n-word" on TV is equivalent to being a leader of the KKK?

But I'm sorry to hear about how a bad word triggered you. That must be an awful feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think OP is fake news, it's not being reported in the legit news.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Like Breitbart? Or Fox News?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Ok, lets say they let him through and Ginsburg is being replaced at a later stage, then what's to stop the GOP from removing the filibuster then? Nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not everyone. It's someone who is going to be on the supreme court for 30 odd years. His judgement needs to be impeccable because that's what he is going to be making calls on for the next 30 years.
    Well the way I see it, the democrats don't have a lot to work with as far as negotiations go at this point. What I would do, is try and meet with republicans and negotiate a fast track of this guy and maybe some of Trumps cabinet guys in exchange for a re-institution of at least a 60 vote majority on important things like the supreme court. Right now they are just saying NO,NO,NO, to everything. Their current strategy will not work they need to try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Well the way I see it, the democrats don't have a lot to work with as far as negotiations go at this point. What I would do, is try and meet with republicans and negotiate a fast track of this guy and maybe some of Trumps cabinet guys in exchange for a re-institution of at least a 60 vote majority on important things like the supreme court. Right now they are just saying NO,NO,NO, to everything. Their current strategy will not work they need to try something else.
    There is nothing stopping them from removing it down the line again. The only way that would work is if there was 2 SCOTUS appointments going through at the same time. A lot of Trumps nominees for have problems that would be exclusionary in past years yet they seem to be getting a free pass this year. Appointments have been kicked off the roster for less so it's understandable that the Dems are trying to slow down as much as they can.

On Gorsuch, he is quite a bit further right than Scalia and almost as far right as Ginsberg and Sotomayor are left:

It's understandable that the left aren't happy with the pick. Hardiman would have been a much more centrist pick and would have sailed through. On the other hand, if rumors are to be believed then Thomas is going to step down in the near future so there might be scope there to have someone like Hardiman go through with Gorsuch at the same time. I don't think that either side should be picking extremes at this point, or in the future, as that will just divide things further.

There is nothing wrong with Gorsuch from a legal point of view but he is far right for a very polarized country. Dropping the 60 vote majority could backfire on the GOP in the future. Can you imagine 3 conservative justices being replaced with very liberal ones in a simple majority or even a VP broken tie. You also bring up the "NO,NO,NO" like it hasn't been done before. What do you think the GOP did with Obama's nomination? It's politics and there is plenty of blame to go around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/neil-gorsuchs-...-forever-club/

Can you guys stick to criticizing Gorsuch over legitimate policy concerns and not gossip?
    It's not gossip. If you read the snopes article the school are saying that it is in the yearbook but was a joke. Although it does look like much ado about nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    -snipped excess garbage-

Sad times.
    I thought the same when Sotomayor used racist rhetoric about how being a "wise Latina" made her somehow more qualified to be on the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That is what I consider it till I see some actual proof. Seems like something that would of been brought up in vetting him TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I don't think that either side should be picking extremes at this point, or in the future, as that will just divide things further.

There is nothing wrong with Gorsuch from a legal point of view but he is far right for a very polarized country. Dropping the 60 vote majority could backfire on the GOP in the future. Can you imagine 3 conservative justices being replaced with very liberal ones in a simple majority or even a VP broken tie. You also bring up the "NO,NO,NO" like it hasn't been done before. What do you think the GOP did with Obama's nomination? It's politics and there is plenty of blame to go around.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not gossip. If you read the snopes article the school are saying that it is in the yearbook but was a joke. Although it does look like much ado about nothing.
    First you talk as though the republicans are the one to first drop the 60 vote majority, it was the democrats AKA The Harry Reid Rule. Secondly why shouldn't Trump pick a conservative for a conservative? By your argument Sotomayor is too extreme and should of been replaced with a moderate. I believe it was Obama who said elections have consequences.

Secondly, Obama's nomination block is called the Joe Biden rule BTW, which was put in place under Reagan. Notice a trend here? its the democrats who break the eggs then cry foul when its is done to them. If you remember early on, in George W. Bush's presidency the democrats filibustered everything Bush put forward. The republicans threatened to use the nuke option, now known as the Harry Reid rule and a deal was negotiated. 7 republicans and 7 democrats brokered a deal to keep the 60 vote majority in place. Now I am not suggesting the republicans are completely blameless in screwing over the democrats but in the case of breaking the filibusters they OWN IT!!

As far as 3 conservatives going at the same time is highly unlikely just based off your list. Maybe Thomas would be it, the other three Gorsuch, Alito, and Roberts aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Yes I said Gorsuch he will be confirmed and I think he may end up with more than the 60 votes needed simply because 10 democratic senators 5 of which are in states Trump won by double digits have hinted they may support him. The other 5 are in stated Trump also carried.

Personally I hate that Harry Reid screwed the filibuster with his stunt. I think there should be at least 60 votes on important things like a supreme court nominee's and big legislative bills like the ACA. I also think if either party puts forward something they should at least get some support from the opposing party, that is why the ACA was destined to fail, because it was done soley on party lines. No, Liberman and Sanders don't count as bi-partisan considering they vote with the democrats like 90% of the time.

Lastly if this article linked by the OP is not tabloid trash, I am not sure what would constitute, gossip/fake news/tabloid trash.
    Last edited by Gen4Glock21; 2017-02-03 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Which is a quote from Kissinger.
    Duh.

He used it as his quote in his college yearbook.

"The illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional takes a little longer."

Come on, champ. Seriously.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    The point of the group was to go against "leftist tendencies" was looks more aimed to be mischievous in general. There's nothing suggesting this guy was engaged in anything bad.
    "Regardless of the particular topic"...