Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    That's the point, though. Subjective analysis is subjective, that's why professionals have ethic codes
    Perhaps a bit off-topic and I'll end it with this question, but I wonder, do you personally consider Donald Trump a professional and, if so, what area of expertise would you say he is adept in? I ask because if, as you say, professional matters should be left to professionals, what do you make of Donald Trump who is clearly not very professional at being a politician or president, nor are most/any of his cabinet picks thus far.

I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm honestly curious how you view his professionalism versus the topic of his mental stability here, since I think its pertinent.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    Perhaps a bit off-topic and I'll end it with this question, but I wonder, do you personally consider Donald Trump a professional and, if so, what area of expertise would you say he is adept in? I ask because if, as you say, professional matters should be left to professionals, what do you make of Donald Trump who is clearly not very professional at being a politician or president, nor are most/any of his cabinet picks thus far.

I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm honestly curious how you view his professionalism versus the topic of his mental stability here, since I think its pertinent.
    He's professional in businesses, management, and economy. Politically, not so much, but then again the reason why it was a strength rather than a weakness was because people wanted to have a fresh perspective on politics. Businesses and politics also overlap on several points but remain the fact that nobody is ever ready to be president.

Simply put, you cannot be a professional president before becoming one.

Likewise, you cannot emit a psychological diagnosis without meeting with the client.

As for Trump himself, I disagree with most of his policies. Environment, though, takes the lead.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Peaceful protests, showing the world that what he tries to push is unrepresentative of reality without lying or making fake stories or trying to smear him.

Being mature.

Examples of lies about him please.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine the presidency wouldn't be detrimental to anyone's mental health with the stability of the entire globe dependent on your decisions.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Mexican phone call, leaked investigation between him and Russia to name those that comes to mind immediately.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I hope he finds the next few years of his life as unbearable as the rest of us will.
    I second this. I can only hope by the end of this term he resigns out of pure frustration and hatred for mankind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as much as I despise Trump, let's not be coy. The media has been running with some pretty fast and loose stories lately. The fact though that most of them can be taken at face value as fact reveals how terrifying the state of things is at the moment, but I digress.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Mexican phone call, leaked investigation between him and Russia to name those that comes to mind immediately.

What about the Mexican phone call?

The leaked investigation while released has always been unconfirmed. No one reported it as a confirmed report.

The russian prostitutes thing was a giant neon glowing "not verified, take this with a big grain of salt" done by the media. They said this like 9 times

- - - Updated - - -

The russian prostitutes thing was a giant neon glowing "not verified, take this with a big grain of salt" done by the media. They said this like 9 times
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as much as I despise Trump, let's not be coy. The media has been running with some pretty fast and loose stories lately. The fact though that most of them can be taken at face value as fact reveals how terrifying the state of things is at the moment, but I digress.
    Would love an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post

But then why run with it at all, knowing that the story was essentially a click-bait and comedy hour? I think the media is tripping over itself to find dirt on Trump, but for each false and outlandish story they publish, they lose the respect of their patrons to the point that when the real stories roll out, the shock-and-awe effect will have long been expended.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then why run with it at all, knowing that the story was essentially a click-bait and comedy hour? I think the media is tripping over itself to find dirt on Trump, but for each false and outlandish story they publish, they lose the respect of their patrons to the point that when the real stories roll out, the shock-and-awe effect will have long been expended.

Why did they run the pizzagate story about democrats? It's not just happening to Trump. Open your eyes.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the most stressful job out there, so it's not groundbreaking that it's going to take some years off him.

Who would've thunk we had a bunch of political leaders in waiting here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they run the pizzagate story about democrats? It's not just happening to Trump. Open your eyes.
    Yeah, well Pizzagate was run by idiotic extremists.

Does that mean people running on the Trump's lies and conspiracy theories the same?
    Google Diversity Memo

I've argued about this before, in the corresponding thread. The reports were real, the existence of the dossier was real, the info wasnt verified and the dossier that was presented by buzzfeed also wasnt regarded as truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, well Pizzagate was run by idiotic extremists.

Does that mean people running on the Trump's lies and conspiracy theories the same?
    You haven't showed me a lie that has been reported as a truth in the media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love an example.
    Pick pretty much any thread in Gen-OT. The most recent one I can recall right now was some sensationalized story about some "leaked" EO to legalize discrimination against the LGBTQ community (of which I am a part) and women.

Look, I am terrified of the Trump presidency, but why shit bricks about "leaked" and "unverified" news (like the EO and the Russian investigation)? What good does it do? It only saturates the public with sensationalized news and desensitizes us against the actual, impending terrifying news to come.
    Last edited by yoma; 2017-02-03 at 03:33 AM.

Pick pretty much any thread in Gen-OT. The most recent one I can recall right now was some sensationalized story about some "leaked" EO to legalize discrimination against the LGBTQ community (of which I am a part) and women.

Look, I am terrified of the Trump presidency, but why shit bricks about "leaked" and "unverified" news (like the EO and the Russian investigation)? What good does it do? It only saturates the public with sensationalized news and desensitizes us against the impending terrifying news.
    Yeah, the lgbt leak is probably a rumour. Lets hope it doesnt evolve in anything

10+ Year Old Account

Look, I am terrified of the Trump presidency, but why shit bricks about "leaked" and "unverified" news (like the EO and the Russian investigation)? What good does it do? It only saturates the public with sensationalized news and desensitizes us against real news.

Sounds to me more like you guys don't know what "unconfirmed" or "rumor" means. Which kinda explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me more like you guys don't know what "unconfirmed" or "rumor" means. Which kinda explains a lot.
    The media reports it, and you know full-well that the average reader doesn't process the word "leak" or "unconfirmed." That you are capable of doing so is fantastic, but many are indeed not. They run with those stories to get clicks and traffic and obscure actual, important news.

I've gone way off-topic. Good night all. Apologies >.>