Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It did. WOTLK is by far the most popular xpac ever. I'm not sure why Blizz decided to go away from what worked.
    It was popular, but also in a shallow way. Basically ppl played it because of the theme and lore. The raids were thematically awesome, but mechanics wise it was kinda meh. What exactly would they keep for current wow? I hear wotlk was the best expansion ever a lot, but people don't seem to have any good motives behind it.

It did. WOTLK is by far the most popular xpac ever. I'm not sure why Blizz decided to go away from what worked.
    What you are referencing is a spurious correlation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    It was popular, but also in a shallow way. Basically ppl played it because of the theme and lore. The raids were thematically awesome, but mechanics wise it was kinda meh. What exactly would they keep for current wow? I hear wotlk was the best expansion ever a lot, but people don't seem to have any good motives behind it.
    I feel like WOTLK is looked back upon with rose-colored glasses. I distinctly remember everyone shitting on it at the time, praising BC etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    you're that one guy that calls everyone whos better than you at the game a nolifer right?
    I'm not saying that. Paragon's kill of the Lich King is widely considered as one of, if not the most impressive boss kill ever.

It was such a good model back then. Limited attempts and a slowly increasing buff. It showed just how skilled Paragon's raiders were.

If you guys wanted to know about the worst world 5th guild of all time, Limit 8/10

I'm not saying that. Paragon's kill of the Lich King is widely considered as one of, if not the most impressive boss kill ever.

It was such a good model back then. Limited attempts and a slowly increasing buff. It showed just how skilled Paragon's raiders were.
    It wasn't considered the best because of the limited attempts though. It was because of how little gear they downed it with compared to everyone and how awesome the strat was. It wasn't awesome because they did it "100 pulls faster" or some shit like that. Limited attempts isn't what made their kill impressive.

Limit got Star Boy.

Deleted
    I've seen a lot of stupid shit on this website, but this is probably the crème de la crème of stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    If you guys wanted to know about the worst world 5th guild of all time, Limit 8/10
    thats what you get for not believing in the sp meme

U s a
    s
    a
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Took you long enough...

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    WOTLK was one of my favorite simply because the story drove the entire expansion, it was awesome. However, it also was the height of my guild from vanilla, after WOTLK, everyone sort of moved on with their lives, so it was the most memorable for me because of the guild activity through that expac.

Quote Originally Posted by NoddyBoppin View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Pieces rank? They were rank 6th and now they are rank 34.
    i have no clue either, i wonder if they used augur exploit... that is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Except what you're essentially saying is that for the majority of guilds they would need to wait until they get enough procs to go higher than 905 average item level, probably 915-920 for most. Which if guilds that have done 18 heroic splits and killed 17 mythic bosses still don't have, it will take well over 4 months to do for an average 3 or 4 night mythic raiding guild and that's just to kill the third last boss.

Every guild has a cap, something they can not kill but the question is should a guild that killed Guarm not be able to do Star Augar, should a guild that killed Archimonde prior to the bonus item levels not be able to do Star Augar, should a guild that killed Blackhand prior to HFC not be able to do Star Augar? Maybe Blizzard wants Mythic to be harder and less guilds to clear the raids, Helya is a pretty good example but I sort of doubt it, I think Star Augar will receive a nerf.
    With all due respect maybe these guild should get better players or not be able to kill he boss. Not very Mythic raiding guild should be a Mythic raiding guild.

Don't worry though, Blizz will nerf it. They can't afford to lose casual players.

Didn't Method in an interview say they only take the first week off? Pretty unfair race if we have Serenity raiding for double the time.
    No. Method is going balls to the walls. Exorsus and Serenity are doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    One of their rekills got a new date (iirc Krosus?), so WoWprogress kinda bugged out. They are still 6th
    This is it, we dropped from world ~22 to 33 because the krosus kill was attributed to when we killed it on our reclear. Had same problem as pieces did on our first kill.

Haven't really been following the thread, anything about mythic Gul'dan leaked yet?

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Haven't really been following the thread, anything about mythic Gul'dan leaked yet?
    Reports are that he has allllooottt of health. Cant confirm 100% though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajjax View Post
    Reports are that he has allllooottt of health. Cant confirm 100% though.
    i hope its not a 15 minute fight like Margok was

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    If you nerf boss even 5% the go to strat is Serenity's burn and completely ignore the add. You would instantly see 20-40 kills because the majority of guilds that are wiping on it have seen sub 2-3%. In fact, nerfing boss HP is a bigger nerf than nerfing the add HP, which is why they should nerf the add HP. Nerfing add HP would require you to do the fight properly, but allow for 3 healers and longer kill times.
    You can't look at serenitys strat and think that with 5% less hp other guilds could do that, because it's 5% hp off the total health pool, meaning the last phase would only have like 1.7% less hp. The norm guilds can't stack like serenity and other top guilds can, and serenity is full of some of the best dps in the world. It's why there's a Serenity vs Method thing of, Serenity is a bunch of excellent individuals with great leathership, and Method is a bunch of great players with excellent leadership.

You can see the rogues on Serenitys kill, thinking that a 5% boss hp nerf would flip the strat like that is a bit of a joke. Sure guilds with extremely top top dps could do that, but those guilds wouldn't struggle that much to do it the add way anyway.

But I do agree that the add hp should be nerfed, not the bosses. Guilds should kill 2-3 adds and ignore 3rd-4th to burn boss (depending on the dps the grp has)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic111 View Post
    i hope its not a 15 minute fight like Margok was
    Hope it's 20+ like Sha of Fear