Holy: rule of law, how do i use this?

Hey,

I must be particularly dumb cause I can find no real rule (no pun intended) on when to use this talent. Since everyone's running it, it must have some merit I am missing.

I understand that making your heals range longer also means your mastery is more effective, but surely it can't be THAT big?

At any rate, I've been using it together with Aura Mastery, but after that I find myself more and more pressing it at random "whenever I remember".

When else is a good time to use it? I mean I'm never literally out of range of anyone so that's never a reason for me to use it then, except perhaps Trilliax but even then..

Edit: I actually forgot I macro'd it to wings and avenger's (should I do that? make it a "macro and forget" ability?), but the cooldown is shorter, so any other times?
    Last edited by Cirque; 2017-01-28 at 08:48 PM.

I've macro'd it to Light of Dawn to ensure I use it as many times as possible in a fight.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I normally use it with Light of Dawn but not always if targets are close. I always pop it with Tyr's Deliverance makes it a bit easier to get more healing out of it and 20% increased on targets. The last situation you will run into is when people are out of range and need some healing. A example fight is Helya when your running with orbs you can stand in back of room and still hit melee and tanks.

Deleted
    See it as a personal hps increase cooldown. When people are 30 yards away from you. Your mastery is only 33% effective. so if you have 30% mastery your heals are only 10% stronger. So you pop Rule of Law and you get a 20% increase to those further out targets if you have 30% mastery.

If I want a LoD to really hit the right targets after incoming raid burst dmg, I use it.

If I want the artifact weapon to be more useful, I use it.

If I use AM with mercy/sac, I use it.

and of course, if people are out of range, or I want my mastery to kick in a bit harder to save people who are low, I use it. Basically, it should be on cd a lot, or at least 1 of the 2 charges should be.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    If I want a LoD to really hit the right targets after incoming raid burst dmg, I use it.
    To elaborate: Rule of Law does not only increase the range of the cone, it also increases the wideness of the cone, and the circle around you(LoD can hit players 10yd behind you)

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    I've macro'd it to Light of Dawn to ensure I use it as many times as possible in a fight.
    Can you please link the macro? Was thinking about to get a macro for it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaimonzen View Post
    Can you please link the macro? Was thinking about to get a macro for it myself.
    #showtooltip Light of Dawn
    /cast Rule of Law
    /cast Light of Dawn

If you click it when LoD is on cooldown and Rule of Law isn't up though, it'll use a charge, so just be wary of that.

In addition to the stuff mentioned already, the alternatives aren't that great either. Lower BoP/LoH cd isn't that great and doublehorse is normally not impactful either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Deleted
    well thank god rule of law is extremely amazingly overwhelmingly great then

Actually learned a thing or two reading this. Didn't realize it would also benefit AM. I guess I just never thought about it.

Thanks everyone for the comments on Rule of Law. Just like the OP, I'd use it only when I saw people going out of range. I never knew of the additional benefits! Thanks!