Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    See guys? Trump is not the boogie man. Give him a chance, lets see what he does. Form opinions with your own minds, not based on what ignorant celebrities or corrupt media outlets say. Just judge him by faults and merits and with evidence. I think if he continues this way he'll do just fine. Kudos to him for considering Palestine's thoughts on the matter as well.
    One good thing doesn't magically erase the other pile of shit you made before or after said good thing.

I suspect some Bannon influence there, but regardless of where this is coming from, still a good move. Settlements are a barrier to peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Better them than the Alternatives in the Region.

- - - Updated - - -

They've helped fight against radicals for decades. Primarily HAMAS.
    Hamas is an Israeli problem. Israeli problems are not American problems. Before that it was the Fatah, doesn't matter. I know that the Israeli lobby tries to push Israeli problems in America but it simply doesn't make them so.

I honestly don't think they were being antagonistic towards Israel. The rate of new constructions was probably the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I suspect some Bannon influence there, but regardless of where this is coming from, still a good move. Settlements are a barrier to peace.
    Barrier to short term, or long term peace? I'd prefer that Israel solidify their holdings and be done. This has gone on for way too long.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Isn't this the same policy the White House has had for like, forever? Publicly warn Israel not to set up illegal settlements while blocking any attempt at censure from the UN when they do.

Literally the only time I'm aware that policy has ever changed was for one brief moment when Obama refused to veto the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Barrier to short term, or long term peace? I'd prefer that Israel solidify their holdings and be done. This has gone on for way too long.
    Barrier to both, but with the long term it's more harmful to the possibility of a two-state solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Barrier to both, but with the long term it's more harmful to the possibility of a two-state solution.
    I see the two-state solution as lip service from the US more than anything else. They don't really have much to gain by helping the creation of another Middle Eastern nation, one which given its history is unlikely to be kind to Israel or the US for quite some time. America clearly has a favorite in this race, and still does.

It's a shame, because no one really has an interest in actually solving this problem. The US likes the statu quo that leaves Israel dependant on them, Israeli politics feed off the conflict with hardline posturing, and Palestinian leaders do basically the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    What is it with Trump Supporters being so unbelievably touchy to criticism of their "dear leader"?
    Not sure. Questioning leaders is good and a healthy thing for any Democracy. That said, if you find a answer I'd love to hear it. Always thought it was a damn shame that questioning Obama resulted in so much hostility and unwarranted moderation action by various news and media outlets the past 8 years. This site is guilty of that as sentiment as well unfortunately.

Bush was not a God-Emperor. Disagreeing with him did not make you a terrorist.
    Obama was not a God-Emperor. Disagreeing with him did not make you a racist.
    Trump is not a God-Emperor. Disagreeing with him does not make you wrong.

Use facts however in your analysis, not bland opinion or rhetoric. Calling someone a homophobe for supporting him is equally vile.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    what the..... did not see that coming especially since he seemed to want to marry Netanyahu...
    oh well, I'll bite my tongue and say ; well done on this one for now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    One good thing doesn't magically erase the other pile of shit you made before or after said good thing.
    Well that's your opinion. Mine is this.

I believe in forgiveness and that people can change. Obama did while in office. So do most Presidents.

Speaking for myself, I know this much. I am not perfect and neither are most people.

The Hollywood elites, many moderators on various websites, the News Media, and other individuals calling attention to people's various foibles and past follies, seem to think that somehow they are somehow immune to all criticism or that they are somehow perfect in every single way.

When at least one of them lives in excess of 400 years and amasses a level of wisdom that is comparable to that length of life, I will consider re-evaluating that statement and concede to their superior wisdom. But not a day before. Until then I can and will take offense that someone believes they know better how to live and run my life than I do, and I will vote against such arrogant thinking every single time.

Ultimately they are just another human being, as capable of greatness and error as any other.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2017-02-03 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    Tenissace must really hate Israel/Jews the way he always jumps on news like this. Even added a little smiley in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Tenissace must really hate Israel/Jews the way he always jumps on news like this. Even added a little smiley in the title.
    If it's cool for Israel to conquer the west bank via warfare then annex it is it not then also cool for Russia to reconquer Ukraine and annex it? You could make (admittedly poor) arguments that both of those states have a historical right to those areas.

I thought the United States had decided in World War II it was unacceptable to conquer land for Lebensraum purposes but I could be wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    being critical of policies involving Israel doesn't make you an automatic anti Semite but nice of you to draw that card so easily again.
    it leaves so much room for dialogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arunu View Post
    being critical of policies involving Israel doesn't make you an automatic anti Semite but nice of you to draw that card so easily again.
    it leaves so much room for dialogue.
    I never see him single out any other nation or people. The focus seems to be purely on Israel, a country on the other side of the world of Canada, where he is apparently from.

wow its gona piss off all his supporter in the last Israel thread. They were all bent on how awesome it was that Israel was gona destroy Palestinians. Nah hes an emperor, they would be happy if he told them shit was gona be fed to their kids in public school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    There's no such thing as international law. What matters, and it's the only thing that matters, is that Israel is undermining US efforts to secure a peace deal which it needs for overall stability in the Middle East.
    The entire world basically agrees on international law so you better believe it matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    The entire world basically agrees on international law so you better believe it matters.
    Oh does it? Think strongly worded statements at the UN mean anything? For your information out of the 5 permanent members of the UNSC all of them have good relations with Israel. Outside of the US all have been condemning Israel for decades, it's a line they tow because it's meaningless. Meanwhile the UK and France have deep trade relations with Israel while Russia and China are also developing them.

The only nations that care about Israeli settlements, and I do mean really care, are the US and Arab Nations.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

As much I hate to say it, there's little future for the Palestinians in the West Bank in terms of existing as a sovereign nation. The Israeli settlements have been constructed so that they are positioned between Palestinian villages, making travel for Palestinians difficult.

I say we cut our losses and focus on ensuring equal rights among Palestinians in Israeli-occupied West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

As fucked up as it sounds, the US might as well just annex the Gaza Strip. At least being a territory of the US would be more humanitarian than having their rights dictated by Hamas or Israel.