Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Coming back to WoW

So I havent played wow this expac at all. Assuming im coming back today, how long roughly do you think it would take to be atleast heroic raid ready? Ive always raided mythic (was heroic) and plan to do so again, but am worried the trench is too deep this expac due to needing random legionaries and the artifact weapon system.

Also, I might suck now. Havent played in so long. Hoping someone might chime in on an easyish DPS class for me?

Ive played Mage (frost, fire), Hunter(surv only....when it was ranged LOL), Paladin(ret,prot). Any of these easier and atleast decent in the raid scene.

Any tips for catching up would be sick, as well as any advice on an easy dps spec to get back into the game and raiding!

Deleted
    For the gear : quest till 110, then unlock worlquests, do them / HM dungeons. You'll soon ne 830, time for MM dungeons, then when 850 and more : MM+ . Do the World boss/ the NH lfr. Once 875: NH normal, and then Gear up to 890 for HM.
    Honestly, I couldn't tell you how long it takes. It can ne very fait until 850 at least; Then if you play a loot maybe some weeks. Some other might answer toi better.

Frost mage, I think, did not changed a lot, but is not at the top ( thought every spec is quite decent). Fire mage is strong, deals a lot of damages, as hunter ( at least MM) does. I main hunter, and it isn't very hard to play ( at all). IMO mm hunters are the best in AOE.

Deleted
    We can't help you choose your class.. play whatever you find most fun, they're all totally OK for the content you're planning to do.
    You don't need any of the legendaries and you'll probably get one of two when you're max level.
    When it comes to AP - play the game and apply the AP you get and you'll be just fine.

As for the time it takes to catch up.. depends totally on your guild and their willingness to gear you up.

Have fun!

you can deff help my choose class if you are active in the raiding scene right now. my goal is to be competitive asap while kinda letting my self play a hopefully, faceroll dps spec LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are willing to invest some time, and have some friends to help you out, gearing goes pretty fast.
    When you unlock world quests do all off them that give you gear, and hope for some luck from the emmisaries.
    Run some dungeons, and if you have a half-decent-guild or some friends they could boost you in some normal Mythic dungeons.
    Try to run them with some people that have the same gear type, so they can give you their drops,
    Your ilvl will go up rly fast, and you'll be able to run mythic+ in no time.
    One of our healers in guild decided to swap his main, we helped him with some dungeon runs and he was ready for our heroic raids within the week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    So I havent played wow this expac at all. Assuming im coming back today, how long roughly do you think it would take to be atleast heroic raid ready? Ive always raided mythic (was heroic) and plan to do so again, but am worried the trench is too deep this expac due to needing random legionaries and the artifact weapon system.

Also, I might suck now. Havent played in so long. Hoping someone might chime in on an easyish DPS class for me?

Ive played Mage (frost, fire), Hunter(surv only....when it was ranged LOL), Paladin(ret,prot). Any of these easier and atleast decent in the raid scene.

Any tips for catching up would be sick, as well as any advice on an easy dps spec to get back into the game and raiding!
    You can get heroic raid ready in about 2 resets

Deleted
    Good luck finding a guild to take you in and gear you and your artifact up if you want to raid Mythic and hopefully clear it before 7.3.

Most guilds who are at least a little bit serious about Mythic raiding are in Mythic NH right now. While you can get Heroic ready in 2 weeks if they carry you and funnel gear towards you, you'll still be at a significant disadvantage when it comes to your Artifact. They are not going to take you to the Mythic DPS check they'll be stuck on for a few weeks for a while.

I came back a month ago, I'm 889 geared with 1 BiS legendary and 35 traits in my main spec and I have trouble finding a guild that is at least 1/10M right now. They expect >40 and often >45 traits, which I won't manage for at least another week, possibly 2 (you can math it out quite easily) at AK22 as of yesterday, and I have high parses (>85) in my bracket for the NH Normal and ToV/EN Heroic clears I've done last week.

Good luck mate, but it's going to be a struggle and you'll completely depend on your guild. I'd rather tell you like it is than people claiming it will be easy.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-02-03 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post

You'll do fine and be ready very quick. I have friends who have never played WoW before and me and another friend were playing with them for a couple of weeks and we were all ready for heroic raiding (emerald nightmare; this was before christmas).

Easy classes to play are: Firemage, Demon Hunter, BM hunter and Paladin. Literally faceroll and great if not best dps.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    You can get heroic raid ready in about 2 resets
    With no Artifact Research, I dont think thats possible. If you havent played at all this expac theres no catchup either....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    You'll do fine and be ready very quick. I have friends who have never played WoW before and me and another friend were playing with them for a couple of weeks and we were all ready for heroic raiding (emerald nightmare; this was before christmas).

Easy classes to play are: Firemage, Demon Hunter, BM hunter and Paladin. Literally faceroll and great if not best dps.
    Heroic EN before Christmas? That's not what the OP wants to play. Mythic EN was cleared by the 1000th guild worldwide in mid November. Heroic EN was facerolled by pugs before Christmas.

The OP wants to raid Mythic progression. You don't get ready for Mythic progression from scratch in 2, 3 or even 4 weeks unless your guild carries and funnels gear towards you, boosts you through Mythic+ ad nauseam, and even then you'll be stuck somewhat because your Artifact will still be rather low and you might have shitty Legendary RNG.

Meanwhile your guild is stuck on Krosus Mythic and is looking to squeeze out every ounce of DPS. They are not going to bring freshly dinged Peter along with 11 artifact traits and Sephuz.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-02-03 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Good luck mate, but it's going to be a struggle and you'll completely depend on your guild. I'd rather tell you like it is than people claiming it will be easy.
    OP, don't let this reply demotivate you.
    While it is true that the top notch mythic guilds work like that, there's plenty of semi-hardcore guild that do heroic/mythic raiding that aren't like that (at least on my server).
    And about the gear funneling, to be honest, even in just random runs, people offer gear they don't need all the time in Mythic and M+ dungeons. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

And to Myz, it's not like i'm claiming it's easy, there's still effort involved, but to say it's hard would be a lie too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    With no Artifact Research, I dont think thats possible. If you havent played at all this expac theres no catchup either....
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Nmity/simple

2 resets starting on 20 AK, you can purchase 15AK on a character right away now with order hall resources. I'm 38 in one weapon and I haven't done Suramar yet, you can easily do HC with the 35 trait which you can farm with no issues when starting at 15AK.

On my third reset now. Haven't actually bothered with HC on this alt due to the fact I'm raiding pretty heavy on my main, but ya the item level is MORE than enough for a full gear.
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2017-02-03 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post

And to Myz, it's not like i'm claiming it's easy, there's still effort involved, but to say it's hard would be a lie too.
    If you're goal is to clear kill Skorpyron by 7.3, then it'll be easy.

It is hard, don't let scrubs tell you otherwise. They don't know what is required to raid Mythic.

I'd rather tell you like it is than lie to you and say how easy it is, and how fun it will be and how you will be singing the ABC amidst the daffodils.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Good luck finding a guild to take you in and gear you and your artifact up if you want to raid Mythic and hopefully clear it before 7.3.

Most guilds who are at least a little bit serious about Mythic raiding are in Mythic NH right now. While you can get Heroic ready in 2 weeks if they carry you and funnel gear towards you, you'll still be at a significant disadvantage when it comes to your Artifact. They are not going to take you to the Mythic DPS check they'll be stuck on for a few weeks for a while.

I came back a month ago, I'm 889 geared with 1 BiS legendary and 35 traits in my main spec and I have trouble finding a guild that is at least 1/10M right now. They expect >40 and often >45 traits, which I won't manage for at least another week, possibly 2 (you can math it out quite easily) at AK22 as of yesterday, and I have high parses (>85) in my bracket for the NH Normal and ToV/EN Heroic clears I've done last week.

If you're looking for a guild and they're basing your recruitment on your current gear it means you might not have the best experience in Mythic progress, or a great application in general. By the sound of it this player has some pretty heavy raid xp, if a guild is seriously looking for members they will gear him to the teeth in HC if they think he's worth the spot.

Gearing up in Legion is an endless threadmill, and the only one who wins is Blizzard.

Run hamster, run!

10+ Year Old Account
    Myz, the OP was asking about Heroic ready.
    And there's no need to insult people who are only starting a constructive discussion.

Deleted
    If you're looking for a guild and they're basing your recruitment on your current gear it means you might not have the best experience in Mythic progress, or a great application in general. By the sound of it this player has some pretty heavy raid xp, if a guild is seriously looking for members they will gear him to the teeth in HC if they think he's worth the spot.
    For Tomb of Sargeras maybe. A serious Nighthold Mythic guild is not going to take a tabula rasa project on right now for Nighthold. They can easily find recruits that are Nighthold ready right now that are much less of a gamble.

My advice is to find a guild for 7.3 and get ready for that. Join their Normal/Heroic clears, for which they'll be happy to include a few Socials to increase the amount of loot drops and on top of it they'll start having attendance issues for non-Mythic progression when raiders get their 4P and bis trinkets from Nighthold.
    Meanwhile you get to know the guild and they get to know you. You can lay down the foundations for your 7.3 trial period and you'll be less stressed out to run the hamster wheel.

For Mythic progression raiding in Nighthold, with no playtime in Legion so far, you're simply too late. Real talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
    Myz, the OP was asking about Heroic ready.
    And there's no need to insult people who are only starting a constructive discussion.
    He specifically says his plan is Mythic raiding and how he wants to be competitive asap. That's the question I am answering. Being heroic ready is only the first step, it's not his end goal, so advising the OP on how to get Heroic ready is meaningless. He needs advice on what his ideal end state is.

I'd say pick the class that feels "right" for you.

Paladin since classic here

If I remember, you can buy AK10 on fresh characters for order resources, so that's a nice boost. There are guides for artifact trait progression on sites like http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/. For basic stat weights you can even use http://www.noxxic.com/wow/.

I recommend using Pawn addon, really helps picking upgrades from all the gear you find. There are pawn strings on noxxic, and you can generate strings for your own char using simulationcraft.

You can get a char raid-ready within a week if you're dedicated enough.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    You can get a char raid-ready within a week if you're dedicated enough.
    Define "raid-ready".

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Nmity/simple

2 resets starting on 20 AK, you can purchase 15AK on a character right away now with order hall resources. I'm 38 in one weapon and I haven't done Suramar yet, you can easily do HC with the 35 trait which you can farm with no issues when starting at 15AK.

On my third reset now. Haven't actually bothered with HC on this alt due to the fact I'm raiding pretty heavy on my main, but ya the item level is MORE than enough for a full gear.
    Not sure what your point is here. The OP said he hasnt played all expansion. You dont get 20 AR if you havent already got 25 on an alt. You have to wait it out like everyone did the first time. That was the point of what i said...