Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    I just got Twins' Painful Touch (legendary ring). Should I unequip Prydaz and use the ring?
    The rings proc became 99.99% useless this patch. So just put it in the bank and forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    The rings proc became 99.99% useless this patch. So just put it in the bank and forget it.
    That's not my experience. Sure, not being able to control when you want to spread your dots due to the mind sear change sucks. Even so I still get plenty of value out of it in mythic dungeons and I would only unequip it for raid bosses. Which is not all that different from before the patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    Please fucking stop. The ring is not useless, do you even realise you sometimes get 2 procs, so you can spread it to 6 targets? Yeah on single target fights the ring sucks, but in dungeons it can still be amazing and some encounters with adds, Spellblade, Tichondrius, Botanist etc it can be amazing if used properly. But sound like you dont even look at your buff and just MF the shit out of everyting.

Deleted
    I got the bracers a few hours ago, currently got the ring and belt, both at 940 now. is it worth swapping ~6% haste for ~8% mastery to use those bracers? currently don't have a proper ring as a replacement

_________
    [EDIT] figured I should give a bit more context, this is what mr.robot suggests for "best in bags": http://imgur.com/a/u6rvV
    Last edited by mmocc89c511dbb; 2017-02-01 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I got the bracers a few hours ago, currently got the ring and belt, both at 940 now. is it worth swapping ~6% haste for ~8% mastery to use those bracers? currently don't have a proper ring as a replacement

_________
    [EDIT] figured I should give a bit more context, this is what mr.robot suggests for "best in bags": http://imgur.com/a/u6rvV
    Get a proper ring replacement. The brawler ring may be a decent option (even if too much crit; but you already have too much anyway and there is no haste on the violet ring afaik.)

Deleted
    So... after 3 reset of NH, what do you guys think about shadow? To be honest, after 4 mythic bosses, im kind of (more like very) disappointed.
    I remember reading on priest discord before NH opened people saying we were fine and that we were going "top dogs" in mythic. So far, definately not (and logs prove that).
    In normal and HC we're really nothing special and with the number of cheese tactics starting up already and the better gear we'll just be penalized over other classes with time. I was told by some smartasses that I should be happy because the last bosses in mythic are good for us... which raises the usual question: less than 5% of players do mythic, of that 5% more than 50% wont get to these last bosses before months. I really wonder how can people have such arguments... shadow should be good overall and in everything (even normal), not just the last 4 bosses that 98% of the players will never kill it. They nerfed our legendaries (while other classes have some crazy shit), there's tons of DHs/retris/warriors that are basically better for anything. As i said, I'm disappointed.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by bunglehaze
    You can usually manage a VB - MB - VB - Filler which I seem to find helps get a higher output. There's about 0.4 seconds between the MB and second VB which isn't really long enough to get value from the filler IMHO so worth hanging on for the extra VB

I am running at 30% haste also and this is what I have been using for the past few days
    I've tried that, but I manage 2-3 less VF stacks.

I repeated my tests on an isolated dummy after remembering that VF stacks were also increased by Mind Sear's additional generation, and with 29% haste (about 10700), Erratic Metronome, LI/SL/LotV I can't seem to reach more than 22-25 stacks without using PI/VoiT. I've also tried altering Lag Tolerance parameters but the results were the same.

Are 30+ stacks really reachable with each VF? If they are, then I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Deleted
    Anyone else having troubles getting into m+ groups?
    I thought we were gonna be good after the patch

Deleted
    On pure ST, without multiple VT out for 2P or a 4P, definitely not.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been messing around with my gear i've collected

Itmlvl 888 >H2P< SL/LotV build w/4pc (Trained soldier enchant)
    Crit 22% 6682
    Haste 30% 11202
    Mastery 51% 4982

vs

itmlvl 887 >AMR< AS/LotV build with4pc (Hidden Satyr enchant)
    Crit 30% 9902
    Haste 28% 10679
    Mastery 45% 4077

And not only is this crit build doing more damage but I just did Normal Bot and got a 52s VF near the end @ 770k dps with mistakes. I'm pretty sure with higher itmlvl you can do tons of damage but has anyone else experienced AS doing more damage? Both in ST and Multi?

Also I get an average of 37s on unbuffed VF's with AS.

Note: With the SL build I use My cd's sooner and right when its up again and I find better results
    With AS I use PI near the end of my VF as well as VT, with the last 4s of PI benefiting VT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post

Crit 22% 6682
    Haste 30% 11202
    Mastery 51% 4982

vs

Crit 30% 9902
    Haste 28% 10679
    Mastery 45% 4077

And not only is this crit build doing more damage but I just did Normal Bot and got a 52s VF near the end @ 770k dps with mistakes. I'm pretty sure with higher itmlvl you can do tons of damage but has anyone else experienced AS doing more damage? Both in ST and Multi?

Note: With the SL build I use My cd's sooner and right when its up again and I find better results
    With AS I use PI near the end of my VF as well as VT, with the last 4s of PI benefiting VT
    which are the legendaries you have equip? which pieces u get?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfas View Post
    which are the legendaries you have equip? which pieces u get?
    So far I've been blessed with only 2 legendaries lol. The spread ring and boots

Main problem is with the nerf to Shadowpriest they nerfed the already low single target DPS. I would actually like a buff to our single target spells and to nerf our dots ab bit more so we are overall in a better place. Now we mainly have our niche fights like Spellblade,Botanist while being mostly useless at bosses like Krosus.

Crit 22% 6682
    Haste 30% 11202
    Mastery 51% 4982

vs

Crit 30% 9902
    Haste 28% 10679
    Mastery 45% 4077

I just got an 890 crit stat stick and dropped down to 9700 haste, and also seeing very strong results with AS. Currently sitting at 895 equipped:
    8175 crit (25%)
    9769 haste (26%)
    6700 mastery (62%)

Only tested on single target so far though. I imagine SL will do better on multi, but probably not enough to notice.

Deleted

Crit 22% 6682
    Haste 30% 11202
    Mastery 51% 4982

vs

Crit 30% 9902
    Haste 28% 10679
    Mastery 45% 4077

H2P went in detail on the interaction with SL / AS in this thread; https://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9734

The main factor here is that even if you have the 4p; you don't have the sheer amount of mastery required to use SL. 4982 is nothing; in fact you still have a high crit/mastery ratio in your SL build. To give you an idea, you need 1500 crit for 3500 mastery to reach that sweet 0.25 ratio where SL build are equal to AS build in multitarget, and better in single target.

TLDR : Your SL build has too much crit and should use AS instead.
    Last edited by mmoc62112ffa50; 2017-02-02 at 11:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geroaergaroe View Post
    H2P went in detail on the interaction with SL / AS in this thread; https://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9734

The main factor here is that even if you have the 4p; you don't have the sheer amount of mastery required to use SL. 4982 is nothing; in fact you still have a high crit/mastery ratio in your SL build. To give you an idea, you need 1500 crit for 3500 mastery to reach that sweet 0.25 ratio where SL build are equal to AS build in multitarget, and better in single target.

TLDR : Your SL build has too much crit and should use AS instead.
    I thought so too. I have a set that gives me 64%mastery, 31% haste and 17% crit. I used it for over a week and found still the AS build bringing me higher peak damage and overall as well.

The playstyle of AS is pretty thrilling compared to SL. I'm wondering whats the difference between both builds at high item levels. Im loving how long i can stay in in VF and seeing how high can get my peak damage with juicy 45+VF/PI VTors. Also seeing new adds come in feels good. More adds = more VF stacks and refreshing dots is not as stressful during VF compared to SL.

Dont get me wrong I also enjoy SL and high ass VampT/VB damage and self heals.
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2017-02-03 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    They nerfed our legendaries (while other classes have some crazy shit), there's tons of DHs/retris/warriors that are basically better for anything. As i said, I'm disappointed.

What do you guys think?
    That DH needs to be nerfed.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    That DH needs to be nerfed.
    Problem is, its not just dhs. Monks, warriors, palas... the+y all do crazy stuff. It took blizzard what, 12 years to realize shadow deserved some kind of cleave like any other class. How many more years will it take for them to realize we also need some kind of real burst (not even talking about SC which has a way too long CD and its way too easy to miss if the tanks dance a bit) otherwise we'll just be decent on some bosses in progression (and not even all bosses since apparently we are below average on half of NH mythic) and then suck?

DOT playstyle just dont work in the long run. I loved COP+archi trinket because even after progression you could still do great damage in short fights.

Honestly the recent nerfs hit us too hard, I can live with the multi dot ones, but the ST ones are total shit and uncalled for. And i wonder how can people say we are good for mythic when in the first 5 bosses we are all average and on krosus we are literally crap to be benched (i had to be carried on that one, we have no mobility unlike mages so we cant soak pools behind, we are useless on adds since if we do good damage it means they live too long/there are too many so its wipe, if the raid handles them accordingly to spawn just in an area they just die asap due to burst, so again we are useless).
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2017-02-03 at 02:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    With the talk of SL vs AS I'm wondering with my 9233 crit and 7713 mastery currently been running LI/AS/MiS/LotV for M+ would I see more out of SL, since most of the tables on the links assume 10k haste and 12k haste I only have like 6.7k due to bad luck on drops
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2017-02-03 at 09:34 AM.
    Sig by Safhira

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    With the talk of SL vs AS I'm wondering with my 9233 crit and 7713 mastery currently been running LI/AS/MiS/LotV for M+ would I see more out of SL, since most of the tables on the links assume 10k haste and 12k haste I only have like 6.7k due to bad luck on drops
    Seems like haste is the clutch stat. You need it higher to benefit the best for either build. But with your amount of crit you should def give it a try being that you'll get more out of AS with such high crit. Lmk how it goes for yu