Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The games design is to do whatever you want. A quest not giving EXP does not make the quest irrelevant.
    No it isn't. If that were true the levelling system would not exist. When you get over understanding this fundamental hurdle in Blizzard's approach to designing the game we can discuss it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroro View Post
    Hi guys. So i've been playing WoW for about a month now, on and off, maybe few hours per week. I've got my rogue up to level 34, did mostly questing, pet battles, partied up with other people for quests, and joined parties for dungeons as well. I was invited to a guild of about 900 members, saw the chat discussions, but never really participated in any of the events, as my level is a little low. And I never did any of the professions as I didn't see the point.

Overall, I'm feeling a little bored, mostly because the stories are uninteresting, and my abilities are just a little bit boring. and not sure whether I want to continue, try another character, or another MMO (im thinking of FFIXV as i love JRPGs in general for their story, battle system, etc..).

So basically, my question to others is, what made you guys keep playing WoW? And are there other MMOs that you liked better that you think WoW doesnt have that I might like better?
    might be a generation thing I used to be super hooked to wow in TBC/WOTLK playing 15+hrs a day sometimes and now I barely play 1-2hrs a day I even uninstalled a few days ago after doing a normal clear of night hold im just over the gear treadmill. I myself will be looking into mobas/fps and ranked play to get my hardcore fix feeling of competition and the rest of the time will be eating/chilling/watching twitch. I recently bought the witcher series and I'm still only on the first one so far so eventually i'll be able to play witcher 3 which seems fun also. Unless you enjoy the constant grind of MMORPG and the gear treadmill i feel there is better games personally out there available that aren't as demanding .

Quote Originally Posted by kuroro View Post
    Hi guys. So i've been playing WoW for about a month now, on and off, maybe few hours per week. I've got my rogue up to level 34, did mostly questing, pet battles, partied up with other people for quests, and joined parties for dungeons as well. I was invited to a guild of about 900 members, saw the chat discussions, but never really participated in any of the events, as my level is a little low. And I never did any of the professions as I didn't see the point.

Overall, I'm feeling a little bored, mostly because the stories are uninteresting, and my abilities are just a little bit boring. and not sure whether I want to continue, try another character, or another MMO (im thinking of FFIXV as i love JRPGs in general for their story, battle system, etc..).

So basically, my question to others is, what made you guys keep playing WoW? And are there other MMOs that you liked better that you think WoW doesnt have that I might like better?
    I think it's normal that wow played as a single player game becomes boring after while, even though there's a lot of different things to focus on. But since it's an MMO, my advice is to communicate with people in your guild and elsewhere, try to find people with similar interests, and then do stuff with them. That's the main thing that has kept me playing.

PS. Grouping up with random people thru group finder gives a poor picture about what's it like to do the real group content with people you know, although, sometimes you might meet nice people thru that too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    The game dosnt really start until max level, 1-109 is the boring part

Which is a pretty bad design

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What do you do when you get bored with other games? Try a different game, or maybe take a break from computer games altogether. It's a big beautiful world, and sitting at your computer is only one of many ways to enjoy it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    And that's why you can now rry classes at max level and receive a boost when buying the game. New players don't have to grind levels if they don't want to.
    Yeah but if you're new jumping to 100 makes you completely lost on the story. WoW is unfortunately a cluster fuck for new people

Alright. I didn't use my insta-level 100 as I thought doing all the grind from scratch will allow me to understand the game better. Im gonna try out other MMOs such as ESO, GW2 and if I dont like them i guess it aint for me, and I'll just go back to single player.

What makes WoW so enjoyable is the social aspects of it. The term the game doesn't start tell max level mainly comes from the majority of players being at that level so you encounter more social interactions. If you want to enjoy wow more then you will want to be in more social situations. The easiest ways for this are to find a guild that meshes well with your personality. I've been in guilds with 500 people that talked less then ones with 15. Another way would be to get to max level. With legion you should have a 100 boost that you can use to get to current content and there are plenty of people leveling there and the flow is much better with the way scaling works there. I don't know a single person that has played wow and is still playing it that doesn't do so in socially but I do know tons of people who stopped because the friends they made lost interest which caused them to lose interest. Wow can be an amazing past time but it wont last if you dont have people to share it with.

TLDR: Friends make wow fun not content.

So do something else. It's not exactly a topic worthy of soul-searching.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW doesn't really start until max level.

Right now your just owning every mob with ease, at 110 the same thing happens for 90% of the content unless you join a high end guild.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    What makes WoW so enjoyable is the social aspects of it. The term the game doesn't start tell max level mainly comes from the majority of players being at that level so you encounter more social interactions.
    You mean the automated grouping with bot-like people who never says a word (except maybe a "hi" when you join the group) ?

Deleted
    Also WoW is a pretty terrible game when it comes to the RP aspect and immersive aspect. You are basically only doing one thing in this game: kill, kill,gather crap, kill. Its about as subtle as diablo or torchlight. A mindless dungeon slasher. Granted the lore is good (not the story though, imo) but this lore is completely wasted because Blizzard can only offer one thing: combat. There is a distinct lack of fun activities such as the rare events they do yearly. I remember when they actually cared to make decent halloween events with cool stuff to do or the scourge event during WOTLK. That was good stuff, that made the world seem alive, provided players with agency and creativity (to some extent) and just wasn't the typical mindnumbing routine of grinding and raiding for the sake of +50 stamina, +30 crit, rinse and repeat.

No matter how much people enjoy raiding or fighting, pigeonholing MMOs to this is just further hurting the genre. And I know that WoW misses a TON of potential that is wasted because developers and many players are too used to do nothing but mindless combat in games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    What makes WoW so enjoyable is the social aspects of it. The term the game doesn't start tell max level mainly comes from the majority of players being at that level so you encounter more social interactions. If you want to enjoy wow more then you will want to be in more social situations. The easiest ways for this are to find a guild that meshes well with your personality. I've been in guilds with 500 people that talked less then ones with 15. Another way would be to get to max level. With legion you should have a 100 boost that you can use to get to current content and there are plenty of people leveling there and the flow is much better with the way scaling works there. I don't know a single person that has played wow and is still playing it that doesn't do so in socially but I do know tons of people who stopped because the friends they made lost interest which caused them to lose interest. Wow can be an amazing past time but it wont last if you dont have people to share it with.

TLDR: Friends make wow fun not content.
    For me WoW is probably the most anti social MMORPG. Nobody really communicates unless you join a guild or private channel. The public channels are pure toxic and PuGs aren't much better. Other MMORPGs have much better social communities. So unless you immediately join a guild WoW is pretty lonley