Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizz employees affected by recent ban

Thumbs up for Blizzard for standing against this.

The executive order issued on Friday directly affected a small number of our employees and their families, and supporting them is a priority for us.
    The executive order strikes an incredibly sharp contrast with the values on which our company was founded. We are, and will always be, a company that strives for inclusion, embraces diversity, and treats one another with respect. This is the very foundation of what makes not just our company — but America — great, which is why I am so troubled by these actions.
    http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/2/1448...ent-co-founder

The executive order issued on Friday directly affected a LARGE number of our employees and their families, and supporting them is a priority for us.
    Blizzard hire illegal immigrants and caught red handed

Support Trump to be our next Führer !
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-02-03 at 10:01 AM.

I thought from the thread title that this was gonna be about a botting banwave.

Trump, put Blizzard in the dirt where they belong!

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    That was my first thought as well. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That was my first thought as well. >.>
    I think most people did.
    Would've made for a more entertaining thread atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

this should be under off-topic, it doesn't have to do anything directly with WoW and its politics... keep politics away from wow.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Blizzard hire illegal immigrants and caught red handed

Support Trump to be our next Führer !
    You should really add a sarcasm tag to that, or people might take you seriously.

More on-topic: I wonder how much economical impact this has long-term, because it shows that Drumpf is not scared of enacting a sudden ban without notice, this makes the country unreliable as far as foreign investors go.
    Source: I'm Belgian, we had the most stable economy in years when we didn't have a full government, because investors knew nothing was gonna change.

Deleted
    That explains why game masters have been useless autoresponding machines in recent years, unable to do anything other than quote policies. Blizzard outsourced support to cheap illegals.

Deleted
    hmm i thought that too - honestly it seems too obvious how some gold and boost sellers (for real money) are still around (with same name), after reporting them many times over months, is the fact that they are somehow protected or are collaborated by blizzards own stuff. I don't actually know what's the situation is now but i stopped using public chats at the end of wod - because these where full only botters advertisements.

This whole thread feels like a feverdream because nothing is like related to anything

Google is also getting fucked pretty hard by the hot potatoe ban.

http://fortune.com/2017/01/30/google...migration-ban/
    As part of the largest crisis campaign of its company history, Google (GOOGL, +0.37%) is expected to raise $4 million in support of people affected by President Trump's immigration order, which was announced Friday.

News of Google's campaign follows statements against the controversial ban by company CEO Sundar Pichai and the participation of its co-founder Sergey Brin in a protest at San Francisco International Airport, USA Today reports.

The $4 million—a composite of a $2 million fund put up by Google, and up to $2 million more in employee donations—will be donated to the American Civil Liberties Union, the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, the International Rescue Committee and the United Nation's refugee agency (UNHCR.)

According to Pichai, Trump's controversial order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S. affects 187 members of Google's staff alone.
    I had no idea if I was supposed to shitpost about WoW or Trump, so I went for a constructive post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Next time don't hire terrorists.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-02-03 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Next time don't hire terrorists.
    Next time, don't judge people before you know them. This rule is by fact bullshit, as it leaves out a lot of people whom actually works for US companies, or in the US. Gah, political junk talk in GenD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    How the hell do you outsource to illegals?
    You don't, it is just a security message some people use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Google is also getting fucked pretty hard by the hot potatoe ban.

http://fortune.com/2017/01/30/google...migration-ban/

I had no idea if I was supposed to shitpost about WoW or Trump, so I went for a constructive post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Many more than the two, even some car companies as well as movie studios I've heard.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Same, LOL
    God dang it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    this should be under off-topic, it doesn't have to do anything directly with WoW and its politics... keep politics away from wow.
    It SHOULD be under GenOT in the end, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to admit, I did read the other news before but seeing it in GenD, I though it was about the banwave too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It SHOULD be under GenOT in the end, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to admit, I did read the other news before but seeing it in GenD, I though it was about the banwave too.
    Off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of companies will be affected by this ban, America was built on immigration, hard to make America great again when you take away what helped it make it great in the first place... Trump making President George Bush jr look competent, thats hard to do....
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

To the uninformed in this thread: Many people "affected" by this are not illegals but rather people who are having to go through hoops to prove their legitimacy and citizenship. There are a huge amount of people going to and from the banned countries that are citizens of the US and are running into problems because the law was extremely poorly written at their own admittance to the point where it's fucked over countless people who were not intended to be affected. Having to provide paperwork they aren't ready for or in the position to show when out-of-country and trying to return is a repeat story you can find easily on the internet.

Trump is making a public ass of himself and spitting in the face of US ideals and some people will mindlessly cheer for him regardless. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Next time, don't judge people before you know them. This rule is by fact bullshit, as it leaves out a lot of people whom actually works for US companies, or in the US. Gah, political junk talk in GenD.
    I was joking, you sad pathetic creep. What the fuck is wrong with you in that head?