[Ret] Consecration

Anyone know the target requirements to use Consecration? I'm seeing good results with it on Skorpyron, wondering if I can also make use of it on Botanist, or maybe even Spellblade.

Usually 4 targets. I do not recommend using it on Botanist or Spellblade, there is simply too much movement. Final Verdict is your best bit as there is a decent portion of single target and aoe on those two encounters.

There's very little single target on Botanist. Just the trivial first phase, and then it's all multi-target. And in phases 2 and 3, there's very little movement, as we stack on one of the plasma sphere spawn points - yes, there are times we have to move the bosses off, but I expect Consecration would have ~80% uptime on 2/3 targets in phases 2 and 3. Spellblade has player movement, but that's moving to adds in essentially fixed locations - once you get Consecration down in the right place, the adds wouldn't move off it. So I'm not worried about movement on those fights - just whether Cons does enough damage when there are, say, 2/3 targets to compensate for the loss of 15% TV/DS damage.

This log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=34 - suggests "maybe". DS+TV together do 92.5M, which means FV would have added ~14M damage - but he does 31M damage with Consecration. Obviously Cons is using GCDs so you lose some HoPo generation. Enough to make up 17M damage? Not sure. It certainly seems worthy of a closer look. Do you have a source/some maths on "4 targets"?

Deleted
    Maths not there in this expansion lad. All you will get is "feels like" , "should", a couple of Sims and maybe anecdotal data from logs. Good luck theorycrafting with that.

Apparently from 2 targets it pulls ahead as long as your Consecration damage is always ticking, which is almost impossible. At 3 targets and + its currently the best option.

So the question is, if you have the cloak, is Consecration still good at 3+, or in that situation it's better to have 4+ adds?

Deleted
    Lets says you have a fight where you can guarantee 100% uptime on 3+ adds what does the priority look like for consecration? Do you delay using finishers in favour of refreshing consecration?

I just find it easier to use FV always. Consecration has potential and can work well however by nature FV is more useful. You do not waste global cooldowns and handles movement well. On heroic botanist my top parse is 820k dps with one throughput legendary item however, this was a wipe at 6%. The point im trying to make is FV is an extremely versatile talent that does not sacrifice single target dps and still provides strong aoe. Whereas consecration can have its effects gimped by movement or mechanics, it just has more risk for a minimal dps increase. The same applies for Spellblade Aluriel. In response to a previous comment on anecdotes and feeling, im in the top 200 for Heroic Spellblade, world, and 120 for Heroic Spellblade, USA with one throughput legendary. I know what I am talking about. Having said that consecration can preform well, go for it have fun.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...n&difficulty=4
    FV is way more common and is preforming better because it is reliable

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...n&difficulty=4
    And again, FV being used way more than consecration why? Because it is reliable. Consecration can makes a range of values, youre either shit or great with it. A risky talent not worth taking except for in Skorpryon where you are GUARANTEED TARGETS FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.
    Last edited by Goldenboy1; 2017-02-03 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My generic aoe 360 sec simulation result says that talents below are best. Does this apply to raid encounters in any way or should I lower the duration to have a better idea?

Consecration
    Greater Judgment
    Blinding Light
    Divine Hammer
    Eye for an Eye
    Divine Intervention
    Holy Wrath

792224 dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    My generic aoe 360 sec simulation result says that talents below are best. Does this apply to raid encounters in any way or should I lower the duration to have a better idea?

Consecration
    Greater Judgment
    Blinding Light
    Divine Hammer
    Eye for an Eye
    Divine Intervention
    Holy Wrath

792224 dps
    No.

Consecration can be awesome but, it can be bad. If you do not have constant damage on multiple targets it is weak and not worth the loss of Divine Storm damage and global cooldowns.

Greater Judgement is great on encounters of EXACTLY 4 targets. Currently, it is preforming well on Tichondrius when using the "keep blood on boss" strat after the first phase 1. Zeal is great at 3 targets but has an incredible short cleave range meaning if there are times when targets are slightly spread, zeal is weaker. In pure single target Fires of Justice is incredibly strong and in aoe it is slighty behind Zeal and Greater Judgement. However, at more targets the holy power from Fires is amazing. Conclusively, Fires of Justice is the go to general use talent because it is VERSATILE and effective.

Divine Hammer is beautiful and is used on every boss except for Krosus, Trilliax, and Augur. In logs you may see a ret pally preforming well with Divine Hammer on these bosses because of these reasons:
    1. Divine Hammer isnt too far behind on single target and they may have optimal gear or a great pull. Meaning you might see a good ret parse on Trilliax using Divine Hammer
    2. Krosus and Augur may have some adds and because of this the Divine Hammer cleave is fairly strong, this is why you may see good ret parses with Divine Hammer on this bosses. However, THIS IS PADDING. On heroic Melee generally do not handle adds on Krosus, and a good group lust burns Augur and ignore adds.

Eye for an Eye and Divine Intervention are utility talents and do not matter HOWEVER Cavalier is an amazing alternative to Divine Intervention in Night Hold because of the movement on some bosses and some boss mechanics ignore Divine Shield.

Holy Wrath is a HUGE NO. The reason being is that it requires you to ALMOST DIE. Crusade is the go to talent ALWAYS.

P.S. My caps are for emphasis on important parts rather than a salty proclamation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    No.

Consecration can be awesome but, it can be bad. If you do not have constant damage on multiple targets it is weak and not worth the loss of Divine Storm damage and global cooldowns.

Greater Judgement is great on encounters of EXACTLY 4 targets. Currently, it is preforming well on Tichondrius when using the "keep blood on boss" strat after the first phase 1. Zeal is great at 3 targets but has an incredible short cleave range meaning if there are times when targets are slightly spread, zeal is weaker. In pure single target Fires of Justice is incredibly strong and in aoe it is slighty behind Zeal and Greater Judgement. However, at more targets the holy power from Fires is amazing. Conclusively, Fires of Justice is the go to general use talent because it is VERSATILE and effective.

Divine Hammer is beautiful and is used on every boss except for Krosus, Trilliax, and Augur. In logs you may see a ret pally preforming well with Divine Hammer on these bosses because of these reasons:
    1. Divine Hammer isnt too far behind on single target and they may have optimal gear or a great pull. Meaning you might see a good ret parse on Trilliax using Divine Hammer
    2. Krosus and Augur may have some adds and because of this the Divine Hammer cleave is fairly strong, this is why you may see good ret parses with Divine Hammer on this bosses. However, THIS IS PADDING. On heroic Melee generally do not handle adds on Krosus, and a good group lust burns Augur and ignore adds.

Eye for an Eye and Divine Intervention are utility talents and do not matter HOWEVER Cavalier is an amazing alternative to Divine Intervention in Night Hold because of the movement on some bosses and some boss mechanics ignore Divine Shield.

Holy Wrath is a HUGE NO. The reason being is that it requires you to ALMOST DIE. Crusade is the go to talent ALWAYS.

P.S. My caps are for emphasis on important parts rather than a salty proclamation
    Thank you for this. I'll try GJ on Ticho because we are cleaving the bloods together with the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.