Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "Terrible design" is utterly subjective. You have enough rage to execute, you have the tools to stay enraged. If it flowed perfectly then what would be the point/benefit of massacre?

This is exactly what im talking about. You feel entitled to best of everything all thw time with no weakness. If you want a better feeling execute phase, there is a fucking talent for it. But you'd rather look slightly more cool on the meters so you're running FBand then bitching about how execute isn't as great as it is with massacre. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    "Terrible design" is utterly subjective. You have enough rage to execute, you have the tools to stay enraged. If it flowed perfectly then what would be the point/benefit of massacre?

This is exactly what im talking about. You feel entitled to best of everything all thw time with no weakness. If you want a better feeling execute phase, there is a fucking talent for it. But you'd rather look slightly more cool on the meters so you're running FBand then bitching about how execute isn't as great as it is with massacre. Grow up.
    Execute is a dps loss, that is a fact, unless you can achieve a fairly high stack count of Juggernaut to stack with everything else and Battle Cry at the end of an encounter. That is not subjective, the button is total garbage. Because of all the mechanical failures that are well documented.

Massacre has a benefit, unfortunately that benefit is outweighed by the strength of Frothing Berserker and playing sub optimal specs is not how WoW works. The button can work and be far better than it currently is and Massacre would still have a great benefit to the rotation as well if tuned properly.

Again the problem mainly comes back around to Juggernaut, you can't balance a mechanic that stacks to infinity for all realistic purposes. It's hardly about being entitled, it's wanting to be able to use the button without a talent and it not be a dps loss except in extreme situations. It's also about not wanting the rotation to feel like ass, that part is subjective, the rest is not.

Lol execute is a damage loss. Ok kid. Suddenly realizing the audiance. Ill just let you stew in your miss olaced rage. Damage per rage spent, best move you have. It takes 3 stacks of juggs for FB to become irrelevant. There is a reason you are spamming it, and juggs stacks isn't it.

You've done nothing but just say things you believe to be true with no evidence at all to back them up. Every single mechanical failure of the execute phase I listed in the first post is true. Additionally I pulled two random logs from top 100 mythic fury warrior kills on Trilliax. I've excluded their final battle cry because my point is that it is a dps loss to use the button. By definition these top logs have also had the best rng in the execute phase so this would be the best dps execute would be doing.

Example 1:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...40&end=5275347 - 665k dps before execute
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...02&end=5327379 - 533k dps spamming execute

Would you look at that, a dps loss. Because all your mechanics stop working.

Example 2:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...360&end=319981 -679k dps before execute
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...43&end=5526360 -638k dps spamming execute

Look at that another example of the execute button being a dps loss, even with A LOT of stacks.

I understand this is not a perfect comparison as I've left out the final battle cry. However, the button is a dps loss to press naturally. You can find countless examples of lower dps with the exception of the retarded burst the final battle cry gives you across thousands of Fury warrior parses. This is especially true when you get into the 70-90 percentile range. Even with 20-30 stacks you're doing less dps because all of your mechanics have stopped functioning from your normal rotation. That is a problem, and hence why it is designed terribly. The DPR of the button is not the only factor in a spec like Fury that has multiple mechanical features. I'm sorry you don't understand that.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-02-03 at 08:40 PM.

Your logs of how to fail at execute are not proof of how execute is bad. You are literally just proving my point. I like how you showed all the negativity around your point, only to point out how brokenly OP it is. You found circumstantial evidence based on outliers to prove your point. This is not how data mining or correlative conclusions work mr keyboard warrior. Congratz on your conclusion, it's wrong and based on an improper understanding of statistical comparison. Your entire arguemnt is "look at this statistical anomally, it's number is lower than that number, there for my hypothesis is proven." /golfclap. I'm sorry you are trying to be way smarter than you are.

Your entire point boils down to FB not being great at execute. Our class mechanics stop functioning at 20%. It's not super great. Blah blah blah. Again, there is a fucking talent for that. Please bliiz, fix execute because it's not good enough for me to both have geat dps for the first 80% of the fight AND not have a stupidly amazing perfectly designed execute phase that only ramps my damager higher! (You also don't get frothing sub %20, so there is your damage fall off, mechs are hard)

Entitled. Child. /thread
    Last edited by Vycaus; 2017-02-03 at 11:24 PM.

I suppose it feels good to resort to name calling when presented with real data. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lol data. Anecdotal logs that you searched for to try to prove your point. You're not a data scientist, you have no idea what statistical analysis is, you literally said that top logs are the best because it means it performed the best. You clearly have no idea gow any of this actually fits together. You're trying to be way smarter than you are by acting like posting logs proves your point. No, you posted an excpetion and tried to treat like gospel. Keep tryharding.

Still waiting for the data to support your claim. "It's right because I said so" has even less meaning than anything you've accused me of. Not to mention there was a 34 page thread on the 7.1.5 PTR forum all essentially complaining about execute.

My logs were not the exception. You can go find thousands of logs yourself that also show execute dps losses. There's no need for me to waste space linking what is readily available to you. But you keep try harding there buddy!
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-02-04 at 06:01 AM.

So basically execute is useless? I keep using it only when frothing+enrage is active instead of rampage, with the rest of my rotation intact.
    If only i could use wclogs properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosmer View Post
    So basically execute is useless? I keep using it only when frothing+enrage is active instead of rampage, with the rest of my rotation intact.
    If only i could use wclogs properly.
    No it's not useless in raids. It's useless just about everywhere else though. The execute rotation is actually really simple, because you have no mechanics all you can do is pray. You hit BT on cooldown and use execute as much as you can basically. If you can't get a reasonable stack of juggernaut to use with a big Battle Cry there's no reason at all to hit execute instead of your normal rotation.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-02-04 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Still waiting for the data to support your claim. "It's right because I said so" has even less meaning than anything you've accused me of. Not to mention there was a 34 page thread on the 7.1.5 PTR forum all essentially complaining about execute.

My logs were not the exception. You can go find thousands of logs yourself that also show execute dps losses. There's no need for me to waste space linking what is readily available to you. But you keep try harding there buddy!

I am waiting on it too. It seems this individual has plenty of resource to discredit others via his opinion, but not enough time to link some real information to help the community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    You've done nothing but just say things you believe to be true with no evidence at all to back them up. Every single mechanical failure of the execute phase I listed in the first post is true. Additionally I pulled two random logs from top 100 mythic fury warrior kills on Trilliax. I've excluded their final battle cry because my point is that it is a dps loss to use the button. By definition these top logs have also had the best rng in the execute phase so this would be the best dps execute would be doing.
    The highlighted part is where you start off wrong. The entire point of FB during execute is to stack up jagg and pop cds at the end for the mega burst. If you exlude the burst to start with then why you try to prove that its a dps loss when you use the "preparation/set up" time out of nuke? Its like taking a phrase out of context and use it how you see fit.

Also using fights like Gul'dan isn't a good measure for the potential of execute and if anything on that fight Massacre should be worse due to jag stacks reseting. Execute even with FB is always a dps increase over the first 80% part on single target, if its not then you are doing something wrong or mechanics forced you not to be able to do so. The raw dmg of execute even without enrage up does that.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2017-02-04 at 07:25 PM.

The raw damage of execute is obviously not enough when I've shown it's a dps loss? I know that excluding the battle cry has some flaws, but even then can you not see that it's a problem when an ability is doing more than double the damage of even Raging Blow, and yet due to all the mechanical failings of using execute it's still less dps than the normal rotation. An ability shouldn't have to do TRIPLE damage just to make up for the mechanic failings. Part of that mechanical failing is also lacking the rage to hit execute regularly.

Look I get it, it's all about that ludicrous battle cry in the last 8 seconds of the fight. It only works because we're spending 1.5-2 minutes in some of these execute phases letting you get insane Juggernaut stacks. Remember in EN and ToV when we only got 15-20 stacks at best? Nothing has really changed except the fights being long enough to let Juggernaut be overpowered. They need to make Juggernaut a reasonable mechanic and make the baseline execute phase at least make a little bit of sense.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-02-04 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    Guldan is supposed to make you drop stacks. You're looking at this wrong. You're assuming this lofty uptime of super dps and anything but ideal circumstances ruins the experience for you. Guldans execute phase is really really long. If you never dropped stacks then warriors would end up at millions of dps and stacking warriors would simply be the strat. Instead, you get long burn windows. Your expectation is ruining your own experience because you're hung up on what it isn't instead of simply dealing with what it is. #lifehack stop letting your entitlement impead your own enjoyment. Jugg stacks are gonna fall off on some fights. Deal and move on.
    i'm pretty close with the serenity guild leader, and he says fury is simply broken as fuck on guldan and star augur, they would love to stack them

Quote Originally Posted by Kitaen View Post
    i'm pretty close with the serenity guild leader, and he says fury is simply broken as fuck on guldan and star augur, they would love to stack them
    The juggernaut mechanic and draught of souls is what's broken on those long fights. Not the class. Which wouldn't you know goes back to the day 1 arguement in the earliest alpha when we all first saw Juggernaut. It's an unbalanceable mechanic. You have long fights like right now in NH where it is broken as fuck. Then you have mythic Guarm where it's almost useless.

One of many reasons the execute phase needs to be assessed at a mechanical level for fury.

Isn't the point with Execute to just sacrifice your dps for a while so you build jugger stacks and then blow your load during Battle Cry, which will cause you to do monster execute dps. I personally don't play Fury as a main, but I do have a Fury Warrior alt I've been gearing recently, it's miles behind my Arms main but decent enough to use for example. I went into LFR last night to finish a Xavius quest, this is the log which I think was 100% in bracket.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Click Ultraslam to see the dps graph wave. My dps does clearly see a big increase during the Execute phase where I'm only using BT/RB to maintain rage so I can spam Execute for Jugger stacks and then when BC is up I pop BC + BT and then spam Execute. That said it seems also true from the log that draught of souls is peaking even higher, I should maybe have used it and tried to maintain Jugger stats around it.

Average cast on Execute is over 300k above RB despite having 2x RB relics, but that said I majorly sacrificed Enrage + Frothing uptime for it and therfor melee dps too, perhaps the Execute phase was too short.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-02-05 at 03:26 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The synergy of RA, frothing and stacking juggernaut is effective in raid settings. Because of the ludicrous power of that battle cry in the final seconds of the fight. It still feels awful to play due to the mechanics I outlined in the original post. And should your stacks ever fall for any reason at all you are totally boned.

a real solution would be to nerf frothing berserker.

A dps loss across the board to make execute phase fun again would be the warrior's way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    a real solution would be to nerf frothing berserker.

A dps loss across the board to make execute phase fun again would be the warrior's way.
    You are hereby hired. Welcome to Blizzard Development Team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Isn't the point with Execute to just sacrifice your dps for a while so you build jugger stacks and then blow your load during Battle Cry, which will cause you to do monster execute dps. I personally don't play Fury as a main, but I do have a Fury Warrior alt I've been gearing recently, it's miles behind my Arms main but decent enough to use for example. I went into LFR last night to finish a Xavius quest, this is the log which I think was 100% in bracket.
    Pretty much. Throw aside everything to build Jugg stacks and explode during BC. That's also why 3 BC relics is the new bis setup:
    RA'd BC: Procs Frothing
    100% Crit
    30% Increased Critical Damage
    15% Increased Damage from Frothing
    ~40%+ increased damage from Enrage
    [Avatar if you're lucky for an additional 20%]
    A Decent number of Jugg stacks

If the stars align you can get up there where your Executes basehits for over 1 million and then just hit Battle Cry for it to explode.