Question about trinkets, 865/860 vs 900 ilvl.

So Im using for so long 865 ilvl Bloodthirsty Instinct from ursoc and 860 Unstable Arcanocrystal from world boss and it seems I cant find any upgrade for this combo. I have 880 CoF in my bag (and 880 relic from guldan with meta reduction) but wont use this before getting ring/shoulders.

From weekly M15 I got ilvl 900 trinket, but its Tempered Egg of Serpentix. I looked at the trinkets from this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml# but its not even on the list. Im also not sure if its worth simming this item because I heard some trinkets are not simmed properly.

Why the hell all trinkets for DH looks so bad, while other classes have some really good ones like warrior for example and Draught of Souls (12-16% overall damage on bosses)?
    Last edited by Mamut; 2017-02-03 at 04:31 PM.

And to add to this chaos more I got 890 foci from weekly quest. How the hell Im suppose to test all this trinkets when even small things can affect performance? Should I just blindly follow simc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And to add to this chaos more I got 890 foci from weekly quest. How the hell Im suppose to test all this trinkets when even small things can affect performance? Should I just blindly follow simc?
    Doc is simc mirror so basically yes, or intuition + experience according the fights. In the doc you find foci and in 900 ilvl it surpasses from far your 865's. Foci 900 is becoming less valuable against a 880/885 BTI~

We have plenty of great trinkets, just none that are INSANELY overpowered like the Draught of Souls for a Warrior.

If a trinket is not on that spreadsheet you probably don't ever want to use it unless it is some extreme circumstance like a 910 over an 815-840.

Your Bloodthirsty/Arcano aren't easily replaced simply because they are both great trinkets. Trying to get a higher item level BTI wouldn't hurt, run some EN pugs.

CoF isn't entirely useless without the shoulders if you can get an extra meta in on fights. Also, in M+ I swap to my CoF directly after a boss and swap it back out before the next one; by doing this I have meta up for practically every boss even while quickly running through an m+, when normally it wouldn't be up for one or two of the fights. This is a TREMENDOUS overall DPS boost for Mythic runs.

:/

I was under impression that CoF was amazing and bis trinket. Now I see that I probably shouldn't even bother with it. Only point it is actually worth using is when it gives extra meta and even then it is lower than my current trinkets (legendary and mythic grade bloodthirsty instinct). I dont own arcano crystal, but if I need to switch away the legendary trinket, I already do have draught of souls in bank.

Is the information on this spreadsheet actually true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

I was under impression that CoF was amazing and bis trinket. Now I see that I probably shouldn't even bother with it. Only point it is actually worth using is when it gives extra meta and even then it is lower than my current trinkets (legendary and mythic grade bloodthirsty instinct). I dont own arcano crystal, but if I need to switch away the legendary trinket, I already do have draught of souls in bank.

The spreadsheet is a SimC mirror. It should be entirely correct.

The legendary trinket is your BiS in all situations and you should never take it off

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    So Im using for so long 865 ilvl Bloodthirsty Instinct from ursoc and 860 Unstable Arcanocrystal from world boss and it seems I cant find any upgrade for this combo. I have 880 CoF in my bag (and 880 relic from guldan with meta reduction) but wont use this before getting ring/shoulders.

From weekly M15 I got ilvl 900 trinket, but its Tempered Egg of Serpentix. I looked at the trinkets from this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml# but its not even on the list. Im also not sure if its worth simming this item because I heard some trinkets are not simmed properly.

Why the hell all trinkets for DH looks so bad, while other classes have some really good ones like warrior for example and Draught of Souls (12-16% overall damage on bosses)?
    the egg is extremely underpowered and only usable on a BM hunter because its boosted by their huge mastery % (works on the trink)

i got it too and it will not be used for anything but bagilvl.

you got the top 2 out of 3 trinkets out there and only higher version or 880+ other top trinkets are going to beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

The CoF has its uses even until you can get Meta down to a flat two minutes. Swap in the CoF for trash on Mythics, and you'll (almost) always have Meta up for every boss. Without it, every other boss only has Nemesis+Chaos Blades available, rather than all three. I know it's not the best use for a trinket, but having the CoF equipped even only for trash will be a huge overall DPS increase in an M+ run thanks to having Meta on every boss (on the lower key runs, where you're doing bosses faster than Meta recharges).

Even if you can't get Meta down to two minutes, having an extra Meta during an encounter IS a DPS increase; the problem is lining it up with your other abilities. It really takes a lot of theorycrafting and math to determine. Using Meta separately from Nemesis/Chaos Blades is an inherent DPS loss, but gaining more uses of Meta during an encounter is a gain. You really need to determine how much time you can realistically take off of Meta with your CoF + any relics you might have. It may still be an increase on some longer fights... but in your case, having two great alternative trinkets, you really don't need to worry about it. For you, CoF is most likely going to remain your "trash trinket" as I explained above until you can get Meta down to exactly the 2m mark.

Deleted
    Hopping on this thread so I don't start a new one.

I have several trinkets - 860 Eye of Command, 865 Bloodthirsty Instinct, 865 Crit/agi statstick, 875 Urn.

For some reason Eye and BI sim significantly lower than Eye/Urn (like 1-3k less dps), eventhough Urn is nowhere to be seen on the trinket list.

Opinions on that guys?

Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    Hopping on this thread so I don't start a new one.

I have several trinkets - 860 Eye of Command, 865 Bloodthirsty Instinct, 865 Crit/agi statstick, 875 Urn.

For some reason Eye and BI sim significantly lower than Eye/Urn (like 1-3k less dps), eventhough Urn is nowhere to be seen on the trinket list.

Opinions on that guys?
    Urn is there as stat_mastery
    would of thought BTI goes slightly above urn, but depends on stats.

How good is 865 horn of valor macroed with chaos blades?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

So I took a break from my DK, quit the game for a bit and my wife got me back in and I tried a demon hunter. Enjoying it as far as tanking but there seems to be a lot of issues with ilvls and trinkets and rings. Did Blizz just screw the pooch on the stats for these items?

Quote Originally Posted by RoninChaos View Post
    So I took a break from my DK, quit the game for a bit and my wife got me back in and I tried a demon hunter. Enjoying it as far as tanking but there seems to be a lot of issues with ilvls and trinkets and rings. Did Blizz just screw the pooch on the stats for these items?
    This will help with figuring out which trinkets to use:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml#

As for rings and necks, because there are no primary stats the item level for these slots is much less relevant. Having the right stats can and generally will make a lower item level better than a higher aside from EXTREME ilvl differences. Our crit is so important that maintaining a decent level of it trumps practically everything else when it comes to gearing; losing item levels can be a DPS gain when you need to do so to level out your crit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    the egg is extremely underpowered and only usable on a BM hunter because its boosted by their huge mastery % (works on the trink)

i got it too and it will not be used for anything but bagilvl.
    I got this too at 910 ilvl, is the agility on it not worthwhile for a Demonic build? Seems like such a waste if not

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    I got this too at 910 ilvl, is the agility on it not worthwhile for a Demonic build? Seems like such a waste if not
    i got a 900 chrono 940 kj and 880 BTI 880 momento

and they all sim higher

first world problems i know...

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    This will help with figuring out which trinkets to use:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml#

As for rings and necks, because there are no primary stats the item level for these slots is much less relevant. Having the right stats can and generally will make a lower item level better than a higher aside from EXTREME ilvl differences. Our crit is so important that maintaining a decent level of it trumps practically everything else when it comes to gearing; losing item levels can be a DPS gain when you need to do so to level out your crit rating.
    People should only use that list loosely, As your current stats do matter.

By all means follow it, But be sure to run a few sims in your spare time to get a more accurate answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

where should draught of souls useability be popped in rotation? or not? or in "only" aoe fights or on cd, or in meta xD

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    i got a 900 chrono 940 kj and 880 BTI 880 momento

and they all sim higher

first world problems i know...

Right. Well I don't, my other trinks are in the 865 range and chrono is not one of them.

But hey, awesome help there

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    Right. Well I don't, my other trinks are in the 865 range and chrono is not one of them.

But hey, awesome help there
    its a follow up on saying its shit, if you want real data for your gear go sim it.