10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    [IdMG]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8918dfb653fc67f06a3d7be4e4fe2d05/tumblr_oks3ysnO9R1rapgxlo1_500.png[/IMG]
    What a deal!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Welllll I think I'm not going to watch Supergirl. She was pulling an oil tanker, the nose split and oil started gushing from the top of the rip, in the nose. The nose, which is kept empty on purpose. The top, where no oil would be even if it weren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    oh well
    dragon can't wait for Logan, though
    I want this to be good, but I'm not certain Fox can get out of their own way for it. Origins: Wolverine was terrible, and The Wolverine was passable. Logan should be phenomenal, but Fox has a history of fucking up perfectly decent established story lines.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Welllll I think I'm not going to watch Supergirl. She was pulling an oil tanker, the nose split and oil started gushing from the top of the rip, in the nose. The nose, which is kept empty on purpose. The top, where no oil would be even if it weren't.
    Can confirm, the bow of ships nearly always contains what's called the 'Forepeak'. A ballast tank used for balancing the ship

And all recent oil tankers would not have any oil within 4 feet of the outer shell. All internal cargo tanks would be surrounded by double bottom and wing ballast tanks to prevent such leakage

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Can confirm, the bow of ships nearly always contains what's called the 'Forepeak'. A ballast tank used for balancing the ship

And all recent oil tankers would not have any oil within 4 feet of the outer shell. All internal cargo tanks would be surrounded by double bottom and wing ballast tanks to prevent such leakage
    I hate when they're lazy in creating tension. They're supposed to be showing her screwing up as she gets used to being a hero, but it's so lazy not to do basic research.

Now, if she'd pushed it from the side, and actual physics kicked in and she just ended up pushing through the double hull before she could pull back because she's putting tremendous pressure on a relatively tiny portion of the skin, then yeah, I could accept that as her not being fully ready and not being fast enough to react.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when they're lazy in creating tension. They're supposed to be showing her screwing up as she gets used to being a hero, but it's so lazy not to do basic research.

Now, if she'd pushed it from the side, and actual physics kicked in and she just ended up pushing through the double hull before she could pull back because she's putting tremendous pressure on a relatively tiny portion of the skin, then yeah, I could accept that as her not being fully ready and not being fast enough to react.
    Also ships are relatively frail things, and when built incorrectly, can actually snap in half when cresting large waves. Picking them up and wielding them like a weapon, especially like they did in the movie Pacific Rim, is impossible

Also ships are relatively frail things, and when built incorrectly, can actually snap in half when cresting large waves. Picking them up and wielding them like a weapon, especially like they did in the movie Pacific Rim, is impossible
    See now, I wasn't expecting realism from Pacific Rim. Supergirl, on the other hand, is supposedly showing her messing up by underestimating the stress she's putting on things, except the thing's she is breaking aren't what would break, nor would they have the effect they show.

10+ Year Old Account
    See now, I wasn't expecting realism from Pacific Rim. Supergirl, on the other hand, is supposedly showing her messing up by underestimating the stress she's putting on things, except the thing's she is breaking aren't what would break, nor would they have the effect they show.
    Nice

More reason not to watch it I guess

But if you want more ship facts, I have quite a few more

I want this to be good, but I'm not certain Fox can get out of their own way for it. Origins: Wolverine was terrible, and The Wolverine was passable. Logan should be phenomenal, but Fox has a history of fucking up perfectly decent established story lines.
    I enjoy Fox's X-Men movies a lot more than most MCU movies when they do it right (X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool), personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I enjoy Fox's X-Men movies a lot more than most MCU movies when they do it right (X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool), personally.
    X2 was good.

First Class was decent, but lacked a real leader outside Xavier.

Days of Future Past had it's ups and downs, but it was Wolverine centric when it shouldn't have been.

Deadpool cannot be credited to Fox. They expected it to fail, so they gave Ryan Reynolds chump change just to shut him up. The fact it did phenomenally was because of Reynolds and the director.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess winning one game before work was too much to ask for

Oh well

I guess winning one game before work was too much to ask for

Oh well
    I finally had a run like one of yours yesterday, Yerfles. 7 or so games in a row of just the most mouthbreathing groups imaginable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally had a run like one of yours yesterday, Yerfles. 7 or so games in a row of just the most mouthbreathing groups imaginable.
    7 games is a blessing. This is 2.5 hours later with no wins. I'm done now though. Leaving for work in 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, when you have a TV show with two people typing on a keyboard at the same time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, when you have a TV show with two people typing on a keyboard at the same time...
    You can't argue that

X2 was good.

First Class was decent, but lacked a real leader outside Xavier.

Days of Future Past had it's ups and downs, but it was Wolverine centric when it shouldn't have been.

Deadpool cannot be credited to Fox. They expected it to fail, so they gave Ryan Reynolds chump change just to shut him up. The fact it did phenomenally was because of Reynolds and the director.
    Still their movie. And Days of Future Past wasn't really Wolverine centric. He was just the connection between the two versions.

Deleted
    You can't argue that
    Gif for Frey.

rawr
    how is everypony this fine evening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I don't know how I feel about this

Deleted