Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Is there any proof that he was forced to say what he said?

There were multiple investigations, and they pointed to the Kremlin.
    He has never said anything oppositional or even political before, was former FSB employee, worked with ex and current secret service employees. Those investigations are cool but they dont have any evidence, except again, Litvinenko's statement. They dont even conclude why would FSB kill someone with polonium (something that will be detected for sure) in another country, when there are a lot of ways to kill someone a lot faster and a lot more discreet.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    A Russian gets kidney problems...I wonder why...

...nope! can't think of anything! Lets just blame Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    He has never said anything oppositional or even political before, was former FSB employee, worked with ex and current secret service employees. Those investigations are cool but they dont have any evidence, except again, Litvinenko's statement. They dont even conclude why would FSB kill someone with polonium (something that will be detected for sure) in another country, when there are a lot of ways to kill someone a lot faster and a lot more discreet.
    Actually, polonium is rather difficult to detect.

The issue is opportunity, and accessibility. Getting to someone in a public place, while undetected is very difficult. It's even more difficult in a foreign nation. The options are limited. A murder points directly back to the Kremlin, but a person falling ill does not set off as many alarm bells. The investigation pointed to FSB agents by name, who were in the country at the time. It's a lot more than a simple coincidence.

Mind you, that's just one of many "coincidences" in regards to political opponents and opposition media that exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    My first guess was vodka + pills in january. Half of january is holidays in russia, so it's not something uncommon, especially for people in their 3Xs
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

One could determine that by testing the liver. The liver will almost certainly fail before the kidneys if it is caused by alcohol. Unless there is significant liver damage, that is not the likely cause. The issue is that he had similar issues two years ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes, becuase organ just fail for no reason.
    Very common.
    It is actually very common. Not everyone dies because of it though, that depends on the damage and how quickly they can be treated.

10+ Year Old Account

Here's the proof that fits both possibilities:

P.S. Why all these "opposition leaders" are always irrelevant or complete fucking nobodies? Boooring!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    To be frank, our media does not portray Putin as a scary bloody dictator with no support etc. etc. his approval ratings are very well known and also brought up whenever the subject is Putin in news channels, we've also got ex- Russian ambassadors and rich people promoting a softer approach on Russia, I've never seen a story about his reign were about to end etc. etc.

We have politicians who very openly on TV and in newspapers speak to soften up relations with Russia and not give a damn about Ukraine, if the media were trying to portray a scary picture of Putin, theese obviously wouldnt get any air time.
    Just to draw a portrait of the people that call themselves the "opposition" here in Russia some of their opinions about Russia and the nation. Just tell me can you imagine a political power, that doesn't distance itself from people that say something like this about a country existing in the United States? Or in your country, as I understand you are from Denmark?

"I think that to take away our nuclear weapons one paratrooper division should be enough. One airdrop to take all the rockets. .... I don't see what is so special about Russia"
    "I consider Russian men en-masse to be animals, being of not even second, but third class. When I see them, from policement to congressmen - I hope that they are going to be extinct"
    "You can not change Russia. You can only destroy it. Of course without blood and using civilized methods. It will never be Europeand and democratic. No matter how hard Russia tries to cover itself with a semblance of europism it will always bear the evil of tyranny, agression, wild and screaming steppes"
    "We should not talk about increasing the amount of candidates in the "protest" segment, but about liquidating the social base for Putin's approval. He has 40-50 million people that are supporting him no matter what".
    "Kill the Russians. Let the earth burn under the boots of the occupants. The more Russians are killed on the streets of Grozny the faster the sacred land of Chechen and Ingush people will be free".
    "Russian people en-masse are like cattle, they will swallow anything"
    "I don't care how many rockets will democratic US shoot at an undemocratic Iraq. If you ask me - the more the better. As well as I don't see anything bad in the story of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Look how it turned out for Japan G7 is in Tokyo, they have a liberal parliament"
    "There were 2 rallies one a rally of free people, the other one - a rally of anchovies. And I must admit Kremlin won, there are more anchovies than free people in Russia"

I can continue for a long time with people insulting the country, the memory of people that died in WWII, the nation, saying that Russia must be destroyed, that it is no big deal that in the 90s retired people were starving, that the more of them die - the better etc.

These are the people that have usurped the right to be called oppoisition, or "liberal" opposition in the country. Sometimes I do think that those people are being paid by Putin and his team, just to make sure that this opposition will never get more than 5% of the vote on any democratic election in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's in the OP article
    Ah sorry completely missed it, well it doesnt sound like complete bullshit, I know that the antihistamin I take doesnt go well with certain penicillin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuax View Post
    Here's the proof that fits both possibilities:

P.S. Why all these "opposition leaders" are always irrelevant or complete fucking nobodies? Boooring!
    Is it common to die from kidney failure at age 35 due to drinking in Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    It is actually very common. Not everyone dies because of it though, that depends on the damage and how quickly they can be treated.
    No, no it's not.

Deleted
    "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Deleted
    it's Russia, do you really need to ask?

Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-02-03 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah sorry completely missed it, well it doesnt sound like complete bullshit, I know that the antihistamin I take doesnt go well with certain penicillin.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not for him. Not when you live in moscow or st petersburg. Some people do have to endure some heavy shit due to bad ecology or working conditions, so chances for someone who worked his 14-35 on aluminum electrolysis is way higher than for him.

But on more serious note - it's not common to die from kidney failure in Russia at age 35 unless you live away from hospitals. Not due to drinking abuse for sure. For using wrong medicaments (which IS actually common thing in Russia, because you can buy most drugs without a prescription (even when a BOX with a drug says that "prescription is required") and fuck up your health yourself, so doctors then have to do crapton of tests to tell wtf is actually happening to your body).

It's more common to die from radiation related issues (har-har plutonium KGB. This map is kinda old but shows picture of where radiation levels are higher than normal) or to breath-related issues (because quality of air)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-02-03 at 07:35 PM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Because it's easier for CIA to lure them only to whack them laters when it becomes convinient

at CIA "hey guys, some months have passed without serious anti-Russian rants in media, lets whack one of our useful idiots, Russia gets all the blame, works every time!"

Lol where's that video of those "opposition leaders" who got caught sneaking into US embassy in Moscow trying to avoid being caught that they work for Washington..

We can probably make a list of all those loosers and mathematically predict roughly how long until next one gets whacked n the one after that n so on

it's Russia, do you really need to ask?
    lol prejudice much.

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2014/09/02/dying-russians/

Yes, Russia has taken abominable care of its environment, but it sees only a few more deaths from respiratory diseases than does Western Europe—and fewer deaths of diseases of the kidneys, which would be expected to result from pollution.
    Also

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/c...se/by-country/

Has Russia among the fewest deaths from kidney disease.

Not buying your "lol vodka" or "it's Russia" arguments one bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, not for him. Not when you live in moscow or st petersburg. Some people do have to endure some heavy shit due to bad ecology or working conditions, so chances for someone who worked his 14-35 on aluminum electrolysis is way higher than for him.

But on more serious note - it's not common to die from kidney failure in Russia at age 35 unless you live away from hospitals. Not due to drinking abuse for sure. For using wrong medicaments (which IS actually common thing in Russia, because you can buy most drugs without a prescription (even when a BOX with a drug says that "prescription is required") and fuck up your health yourself, so doctors then have to do crapton of tests to tell wtf is actually happening to your body).

It's more common to die from radiation related issues (har-har plutonium KGB. This map is kinda old but shows picture of where radiation levels are higher than normal) or to breath-related issues (because quality of air)
    That is crazy, I guess it's not common practice for Russians to read if the meds you're taking might interact with other meds you're taking?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is crazy, I guess it's not common practice for Russians to read if the meds you're taking might interact with other meds you're taking?
    I do that for sure but can't tell if others do. Antidepressants become more and more common nowadays (in Russia, i've heard that they are very common everywhere else) and i see more and more people taking them while ignoring "don't drink alcohol" part. Usually, when doctor prescribes you something he covers this "don't mix it with other meds" part, but sometimes they don't. Sometimes people think that they know better than a doctor

Deleted
    See, I told ya so, it's the alcohol, hick!

Hey, I found the video, lol it's that moron Nemtsov that got shot!

Lesson to traitors, don't work for uncle Sam cuz you could be worth more dead than alive, it makes great headlines against Russia!
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-02-03 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was sort of a joke about vodka named after Putin.
    And no, I don't think you can die from kidney failure at that age solely by drinking, taking into consideration what kind of shit some people drink because they can't afford quality drinks, but still somehow survive.
    What I can tell, though, is that this guy is pretty much nobody. If you'll go around and ask who he is, people will just shrug. Your average conspiracy theorist youtuber might even have a lot more influence (and that is close to zero). We don't really have any opposition. If you'll cut off all bullshit talk and minor differences, it will just come down to: "People, vote for us! We won't do anything different, we don't even have any vision of what we are going to do, we'll just improvise and hope for the best, but it will be us ruling instead of them". You can even say that our political parties are kinda apolitical.
    The only person who can be sort of deemed as opposition is Navalniy, but everything around him is so shady, that there are about same weight of arguments why he could be western agent, Putin's agent, independent activist or con artist using politics to misdirect from his dirty deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Just to draw a portrait of the people that call themselves the "opposition" here in Russia some of their opinions about Russia and the nation. Just tell me can you imagine a political power, that doesn't distance itself from people that say something like this about a country existing in the United States? Or in your country, as I understand you are from Denmark?

"I think that to take away our nuclear weapons one paratrooper division should be enough. One airdrop to take all the rockets. .... I don't see what is so special about Russia"
    "I consider Russian men en-masse to be animals, being of not even second, but third class. When I see them, from policement to congressmen - I hope that they are going to be extinct"
    "You can not change Russia. You can only destroy it. Of course without blood and using civilized methods. It will never be Europeand and democratic. No matter how hard Russia tries to cover itself with a semblance of europism it will always bear the evil of tyranny, agression, wild and screaming steppes"
    "We should not talk about increasing the amount of candidates in the "protest" segment, but about liquidating the social base for Putin's approval. He has 40-50 million people that are supporting him no matter what".
    "Kill the Russians. Let the earth burn under the boots of the occupants. The more Russians are killed on the streets of Grozny the faster the sacred land of Chechen and Ingush people will be free".
    "Russian people en-masse are like cattle, they will swallow anything"
    "I don't care how many rockets will democratic US shoot at an undemocratic Iraq. If you ask me - the more the better. As well as I don't see anything bad in the story of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Look how it turned out for Japan G7 is in Tokyo, they have a liberal parliament"
    "There were 2 rallies one a rally of free people, the other one - a rally of anchovies. And I must admit Kremlin won, there are more anchovies than free people in Russia"

I can continue for a long time with people insulting the country, the memory of people that died in WWII, the nation, saying that Russia must be destroyed, that it is no big deal that in the 90s retired people were starving, that the more of them die - the better etc.

These are the people that have usurped the right to be called oppoisition, or "liberal" opposition in the country. Sometimes I do think that those people are being paid by Putin and his team, just to make sure that this opposition will never get more than 5% of the vote on any democratic election in the country.
    So, that justifies attacking and killing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, that justifies attacking and killing them?
    Well when you are saying stuff like this - you should be ready that some people might overreact and do something stupid
    Especially in the country that during the 90s was drowned in illegal weapons, gang violence, sufferred through a long and bloody war in Chechen republic and North Caucasus, and general lack of law enforcement during the reign of our free liberals.
    Add in the fact that many of them are a part of the establishment that was in charge of the country at the time of that chaos, while still being part of rather shady business deals - the chance to die increasees.

As to this specific guy - imagine it was the evil Putin and the allmighty KGB that was trying to kill him since Putin is trembling in fear at the thought of the guy.
    They try to poison him once, but fail and he lives. They wait a few years, and try to poison him again, using the same poison only to fail again. Seems rather stupid doesn't it?

Also the guy after an alleged failed hit on his life by one of the most powerful intelligence agency in the world stays in the country, continues to do whatever he has been doing etc. Seems right eh?

A drug problem, an alcohol problem, an underlining health issue, even a failed suicide attempt all seem more plausible than 2 failed assasination attempts in a row.

I do suppose that if FSB, CIA, mossad, or mi6 want you dead, and you do not have adequate resources to protect yourself - you die.