Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Strange feeling after watching the Broken Shore Assault quest (Spoilers)

Hi all!

So I just watched the Broken Shore Assault quest in WoWHead. I really like it and feels epic enough for me. But I had a strange feeling after seeing the end where you unlock the flight path and you see Illidan chatting with Kadghar and 10 meters from them is Maiev standing.

I mean, I main a DH, and just standing next to her feels wrong (I hate her after reading Illindan's novel) and not to mention having her and Illidan right there.....personally I dont like it.

What are your feelings about that?
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirimdir View Post
    Hi all!

So I just watched the Broken Shore Assault quest in WoWHead. I really like it and feels epic enough for me. But I had a strange feeling after seeing the end where you unlock the flight path and you see Illidan chatting with Kadghar and 10 meters from them is Maiev standing.

I mean, I main a DH, and just standing next to her feels wrong (I hate her after reading Illindan's novel) and not to mention having her and Illidan right there.....personally I dont like it.

What are your feelings about that?
    Cheers!
    Potential Spoilers Ahead:
    I feel like I shouldn't worry about this at the moment, since not everything is fleshed out yet (PTR). They still have plenty of time to explain why she is standing there and not going crazy to bring Illidan back to his prison. Maybe she knows her partner is still alive(ish?) somewhere within the Tomb and is busy dealing with that rather than kill mode. Maybe she's been threatened because we need him right now and she would ruin everything by doing so.

We just don't know for sure yet how that's going to turn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    From all the other material I've seen it appears Illidan and Maiev have entered into an uneasy alliance considering both the Illidari and the Wardens are pitted against the encroaching Legion. It is most definitely clenched-teeth teamwork on their part - with Maiev denigrating Illidan and the Demon Hunters at every turn and Illidan remaining as haughty and arrogant as ever. But they *are* working together, at least for the time being so it makes sense for Maiev to be present.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Potential Spoilers Ahead:
    I feel like I shouldn't worry about this at the moment, since not everything is fleshed out yet (PTR). They still have plenty of time to explain why she is standing there and not going crazy to bring Illidan back to his prison. Maybe she knows her partner is still alive(ish?) somewhere within the Tomb and is busy dealing with that rather than kill mode. Maybe she's been threatened because we need him right now and she would ruin everything by doing so.

We just don't know for sure yet how that's going to turn out.
    Yeah you are probably right. It is a needed alliance for the moment, for inside me it just feel wrong....forced lets say.

It is like doing the Warden's WQ with my DH, they feel weird hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    From all the other material I've seen it appears Illidan and Maiev have entered into an uneasy alliance considering both the Illidari and the Wardens are pitted against the encroaching Legion. It is most definitely clenched-teeth teamwork on their part - with Maiev denigrating Illidan and the Demon Hunters at every turn and Illidan remaining as haughty and arrogant as ever. But they *are* working together, at least for the time being so it makes sense for Maiev to be present.
    I would love to hear some of that back and forth when we get there.

Illidan: Trust me, little one, I have dealt with the Legion many times in over 10,000 years.

Maiev: *Scoffs*, Don't you mean, 'made deals with...'?

Illidan: *Laughs* In times of need, we all do what we must to save this world. Don't you agree? *Casually gestures to nearby demon hunters*

Maiev stalks away without another word.

Illidan: *Sneering* Now, breaking into the Tomb...

Illidan: Trust me, little one, I have dealt with the Legion many times in over 10,000 years.

Illidan: *Laughs* In times of need, we all do what we must to save this world. Don't you agree? *Casually gestures to nearby demon hunters*

Didnt i told you Maiev? without me, you.are.NOTHING

Deleted
    I fully expect Illidan to at some point just bitch smack Maiev to show her who's the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniTitan1937 View Post
    I fully expect Illidan to at some point just bitch smack Maiev to show her who's the boss.
    I would love that. Man, the hate to Maiev the Illidan's novel generated in me is unbelievable hahaah

Quote Originally Posted by MiniTitan1937 View Post
    Nah, we need an Illidan/Maiev hatefuck cinematic.

Maybe because they are literally on the verge of extinction and the whole point of the Legion story line and especially 7.2 is putting your differences aside to combat a common and ultimately more dangerous foe?

It's not like Maiev did anything wrong tbh. Demon Hunters were an awful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Maybe because they are literally on the verge of extinction and the whole point of the Legion story line and especially 7.2 is putting your differences aside to combat a common and ultimately more dangerous foe?

It's not like Maiev did anything wrong tbh. Demon Hunters were an awful thing.
    Agree Makorus, but she became obsessive and a reflex of her prey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Nah, we need an Illidan/Maiev hatefuck cinematic.
    At the end, one have to break the others neck

Quote Originally Posted by Kirimdir View Post
    Agree Makorus, but she became obsessive and a reflex of her prey.
    You do realize she's the one who let the Illidari out to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You do realize she's the one who let the Illidari out to begin with?
    Yeah I do. I don't know, probably it was the way the book described her character but I just dont like her and I dont trust her.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest gripe is not with Maiev, but with the fact that after freeing Illidan he doesn't appear at DH Order hall. Like at all. Not even "hello, doing a good job, carry on, busy getting all the pussy I can after all the lonely time, see ya."
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    My biggest gripe is not with Maiev, but with the fact that after freeing Illidan he doesn't appear at DH Order hall. Like at all. Not even "hello, doing a good job, carry on, busy getting all the pussy I can after all the lonely time, see ya."
    Indeed, I had hoped he'd come back and go "thanks slayer, now here's my secret plan to use the keystone to get to argus once we've broken the tomb"
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Indeed, I had hoped he'd come back and go "thanks slayer, now here's my secret plan to use the keystone to get to argus once we've broken the tomb"
    Probably he will in the Broken Shores.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Remember that while we are "building" our OH Illindan is trying to be "resurrected". So basically he is not in our realm while we are converted in a Slayer. He will probably dedicate a few words to us in the Broken Shores.

Just because they're working together doesn't mean they're friends all of a sudden.
    Just look at the conversation at the bottom of this album, http://imgur.com/a/zo2Zl

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Now i wish there is a scene where illidan sends maiev back to the kitchen to make him a sandvich.

well the legion is invading our planet to destroy it
    we all must band together