7.0 really isn't so bad after all. It's actually quite fun once you figure out that trips to the fountain have been replaced by shrine tapping, and that Bounty runes provide a great excuse to go looking for a fight on the enemy's side of the map.

So this patch rewards everyone for venturing out of their comfort zone, and results in more uptime on the big plays (and hilarious fails). I still think that stacking creeps is dead/broken and that this is overall bad for the game, but after a while it turns out that DOTA is just as fun as it ever was.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-01-13 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ESL games in Genting were pretty enjoyable to watch. I was skeptical of the shrine idea before, but it really does increase the tempo of the game. Particularly it seems to let offlaners be a lot more ballsy since every now and again they can just tap the shrine to recover their HP instead of having to go back to base. This means more XP and sometimes more gold for offlaners, which means they to 6 faster and begin roaming/ganking/fighting earlier, etc.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Hilariously the offlane is the safer lane now with closer proximity to the shrine.

Deleted
    Today was my best dota game ever. Ability draft Zeus and I picked rearm. By 10 minutes enemies abandoned, they didn't really like my rearm+thundergods wrath combo. Still number 1 place goes to AD astral spirit + aftershock. Yes both are bugs, people really don't report about them tho.

Try Overgrowth + Dream Coil next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched Dotapit. How long before they realize how retarded giving Syllabear +200 attack range at lvl 10 is? Hey guys, let's take away one of the only balancing factors for this hero as soon as laning phase is over, that won't have negative repercussions at all!

I've also been reading that the map seems to very heavily favor Radiant right now... like 93% of heroes have a better than 50% win rate on Radiant or something.

Maybe Valve oughta stop changing so much shit in a single patch.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Radiant is definitely overpowered due to map changes, I don't think LD is nearly as broken as plenty of other heroes right now though. Most notably ember spirit, tinker, meepo.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are definitely worse heroes but it's just really dumb design. Who is going to pass up +200 range (giving him 750 range, meaning he can outrange most other ranged heroes)? Who is going to pass up -50 sec respawn time on a carry?

Respawn time reductions make perfect sense on supports, but there's no reason they should be present on cores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, read an article that the brains behind Ad Finem is a 3k MMR player. Just more proof that MMR doesn't necessarily translate to knowledge of the game. I especially liked how he describes his play versus his knowledge of the game - like, he'd know that a particular item build is the "best" for a hero in a given situation, but he personally can't use it effectively (he's 37, and your reaction times really do slow down as you get older) so he instead builds a "not best" build that he can use well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Heh, read an article that the brains behind Ad Finem is a 3k MMR player. Just more proof that MMR doesn't necessarily translate to knowledge of the game. I especially liked how he describes his play versus his knowledge of the game - like, he'd know that a particular item build is the "best" for a hero in a given situation, but he personally can't use it effectively (he's 37, and your reaction times really do slow down as you get older) so he instead builds a "not best" build that he can use well.
    Link to the article please?

I doubt very much that a 3k MMR player is involved in Ad Finem's strategy and i know that all their players are around 7k or higher( Madara near 9k).

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Link to the article please?

I doubt very much that a 3k MMR player is involved in Ad Finem's strategy and i know that all their players are around 7k or higher( Madara near 9k).
    http://www.redbull.com/en/esports/st...ta-2-interview

He obviously is not a player, he is more of a coach. He helps them recognize the flaws of their play so they can improve and recognize flaws in enemy play so they can exploit.

I personally don't buy the "37 is too old to use two items in a build" excuse. I am definitely not at the same level I was a few years ago but fundamental skills don't just dry up. Next he will be saying he would be 6k if he didn't always get bad teams.

He does prove a point though, you don't need to have 9k MMR to think like 9k MMR. In fact he's probably smarter than 9k MMR players, otherwise they wouldn't be taking his advice.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2017-02-03 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the Starseries finals. Freeze really let VG.J down in game 4. TL played really well and threw everyone for a loop with that AM+wisp mid but Freeze just fell apart after he died a few times. He fed multiple times instead of just staying away from the AM, and then went into Bloodstone when his entire team was way behind and he was behind TL's offlane on farm, instead of cheaper and more efficient items.

Crowd sucked ass, they clearly cared only about the Chinese team winning and barely cheered for TL at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit they actually did something about matchmaking. Did it do anything about the Peruvians shitting up USE/USW? I stopped playing because it got so bad, having those little teenage pricks in 7/10 games. Kinda want to start playing again, but if USE is still Little Peru it doesn't seem like there'd be any point.

Holy shit they actually did something about matchmaking. Did it do anything about the Peruvians shitting up USE/USW? I stopped playing because it got so bad, having those little teenage pricks in 7/10 games. Kinda want to start playing again, but if USE is still Little Peru it doesn't seem like there'd be any point.
    I don't see how it would keep people from playing outside their own geographic region. Chances are you'll still be stuck with Little Peru Server unless you queue up either with some friends or on another server. It's more a crackdown on people smurfing or making accounts just to grief others. While I do applaud their initiative, I do question their methods. Having to link it to a phone number is barely a restriction. I'm going out on a limb and saying that everyone who plays dota has a smartphone at this point, but almost certainly they have a landline connection too for their internet. You're restricting people passed that point, but it's a relatively safe bet that everyone has at least two numbers they could use for two accounts.

hate the new update

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elitistjerksco View Post
    hate the new update
    Are you talking about matchmaking update linking with phones?

This major is actually really great. Some amazing comebacks so far in the main event.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they'll ever delete Radiance from illusions. I like Alchemist a lot, but it's pretty boring seeing the exact same build from every team over and over again because Radiance split push is so dominant. Alchemist is so much more flexible than that but you'll never see it because of how broken illusions with Radiance are.

I wonder if they'll ever delete Radiance from illusions. I like Alchemist a lot, but it's pretty boring seeing the exact same build from every team over and over again because Radiance split push is so dominant. Alchemist is so much more flexible than that but you'll never see it because of how broken illusions with Radiance are.
    Did you watch the Major?

VP actually built old Carry Alchemist, S&Y, and all kinds of damage, they lost, but it was nice to see.

I personally hate the radiance builds, they are so annoying to watch and play against.