Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    there's literally nothing wrong with being racist and xenophobic
    invite refugees to your own countries instead of getting offended because some countries won't
    Except that they are not xenophobes toward inexistant Blacks, Muslims or Mexicans. Xenophobia in Japan is against whites (and Korean and Chinese, but that does not count I suppose)

For instance, all that rhetoric that the usual suspects crave about ''foreign rapists soiling the purity of our blood''. Do you really think that this universal trope is applied to the non-existant Muslims in Japan ?
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-02-03 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    We are a nation of Refugees and Immigrants. Japan is not. In fact Japan really does not like people moving to Japan. And has never liked it historically. Their Nation is small, and lacks the resources to handle more people.

The US however relies on immigrants. Nearly every single person living here has a history of immigrants in their families. And we do not base our immigrant hate on Logic, or historical precedent. Our reason currently is, "I'm a Republican, and I hate people who aren't me".
    They will always have enough hentai though VoHiYo
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

good job. don't want to see japan messed up.

their culture is perfect and should remain unchanged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Except that they are not xenophobes toward inexistant Blacks, Muslims or Mexicans. Xenophobia in Japan is against whites
    so? it's their country, let them be xenophobic against whoever they want

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Except that they are not xenophobes toward inexistant Blacks, Muslims or Mexicans. Xenophobia in Japan is against whites
    They arent even that bad against white honestly. Try Korean, Chinese, Malaysian, etc.

Remember when all the white people used to hate each other enough to start world wars... yea.

I'm sure the usual suspects will be fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Uh, I'm not talking about just people in my family. We have tons of programs for homeless people and we have welfare for people in poverty and I support these programs. Not necessarily the current method their implemented by but I'm not advocating we lessen funding for those programs, it's such a small amount of our budget anyway. The argument that we have to take away benefits from our own citizens to help refugees is ridiculous. It's not going to cause more people to starve or more people to become homeless.

Do you know what a false dichotomy is?
    Good~ so do your thing, Japan will do theirs. And I will applaud them for it. If only more would follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Well I guess it depends on why they have such a low birth rate. *cough fukushima cough* ... I mean I know people who moved to Japan, and they are not really... well treated like one of them. They always sort of treat them like a mis-shapen puppy. Like they marvel at it for a while, but no one wants to go for a walk with it. They are incredibly nice in Japan, like you can go hitch-hiking, and you never walk for more than a min, they are fascinated by it, and will drive you MANY miles out of their way... just for the giggles. I think Japan is just traditionally xenphobic, the parents want their kids with Other Japaneese mates, and oddly even with other Japaneese mates who have NEVER left Japan. if you Leave Japan, you somehow stop being Japaneese, even if you come back.
    We bombed Japan so hard that their genes got messed up.

Interesting theory, I guess that would explain why Anime is a thing and the obsessive amount of sexualized minors in it.

Indeed we have no right to judge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Not before they fix the birthrate problem.
    Liberalizing their immigration would achieve that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Source: Faux News Dislcaimer

I'm not oppose to the idea of sending money vs bringing in bodies. However I know there are a ton of Japanese culture fans here and I wonder how they will balance their love of Japan vs. Japan refusing refugees.
    Japan's not a very large country really. Not compared to the U.S. I can understand them not having the resources to take care of refugees.

On top of that, I also don't blame the U.S. for not taking any in while we have people who need help who were born and raised in the U.S.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows Japan is xenophobic and its messed up.

I will give them a little bit of credit and say that the country is crowded and probably couldn't support an influx of new citizens. The can also train neutrality, something NATO members, Russia, and surrounding ME states cannot. Not having boots on the ground does not make you neutral are part of the catalyst that lead to the war.

I like how all the racists are coming out though. Not being happy about refugees doesn't make you racist, but all that shit you must add when commenting about refugees sure does.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Why though? It's not you vs them. This line of reasoning is always flawed anyway. Countries like the US are perfectly capable of looking out for their own citizens and more. People act like we're going to have to throw out a citizen for every refugee we bring in.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I should have read one page further, you seem to be on of the people that think this.

So countries like the US don't have citizens that are homeless, unemployed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    On top of that, I also don't blame the U.S. for not taking any in while we have people who need help who were born and raised in the U.S.
    Too bad the people from the US that are against immigration are usually the same that are against helping their own citizen as well. So good luck with that idea.

So you're just refusing to acknowledge your illogical argument for why you support such an action?
    I already stated why I do. I just happen to not really want to bloat the forum post number by repeating my argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycans View Post
    So countries like the US don't have citizens that are homeless, unemployed?
    Unemployement level in the US is already one of the lowest. You realize you are speaking to a USA citizen. The people in their country against refugee are the same that refuse the government waste money on the poor, hence no real welfare or healthcare.

Of all countries in the world, the US (and Canada) are incredibly unqualified to make comments on how migrants are ''vermin'', considering that most Americans and Canadians have at least one great-grand-father that was not born in the USA. (You are aware, even dimly, that French, Italians, Greeks, Slavs, Irish...were not in the really white club until the sixties ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I already stated why I do. I just happen to not really want to bloat the forum post number by repeating my argument.
    But how does your argument that i have read so far actually impact the United States and Canada?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    7 posts in and this thread is already toxic as fuck. What's wrong with you people?
    Well let's not be surprised too much by this. Japan has for generations been exceptionally xenophobic. The irony is the number of people here with anime avatars who would actually be unwelcome in Japan and rejected by the Japanese simply because they aren't Japanese.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

I bet if it was an octopus........ nvm lol.