Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Well said. The vast majority of people claiming to follow the teachings of Christ are rank hypocrites.
    Vast majority you say? Got a link to that statistical data?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Vast majority you say? Got a link to that statistical data?
    I have about as much empirical data and evidence for my statement as Christianity has for the existence of God.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Homosexual transsexual Muslim feminist Islamist you mean.
    Just a question why do you put muslims and LGBT groups Together?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    So, crazy person with a knife attacks a soldier and gets shot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Sort of funny Trump tweeted this out as justification for his MuslimBan but forgot to mention the guy was from Egypt a country not on the list and mysteriously where he has business dealings.
    Not to mention that he ignored the Quebec attack. I can't believe I was actually neutral towards his win, this guy is a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    I saw people getting infractions for jokes and mockery during the Canada attack thread.

But here it must be ok because ...a soldier was the target?
    No, it just takes time for them to react to reports. So just report and keep moving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thekingziko View Post
    Just a question why do you put muslims and LGBT groups Together?
    He was joking.

"Reports that the attacker yelled 'Allah Akbar' while charging with machete in hand"

...."Motives are unclear at this moment, we really don't know what drove this man to do such a thing." - CNN, probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekingziko View Post
    They even said that the guy in Quebec said Allahu Akbar before shooting i wonder how much trustworthy the media is nowadays.
    Allahu Akbar isn't just some terrorists mating call. They sure did a good job of making people think so though. Or one could say the media is in part responsible with the way they report the stories.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    I bet they are struggling so much to identify his motive. You know, like if there isn't a common denominator between all people involved in terrorism at all.
    THeyre either muslim or right-wingers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Allahu Akbar isn't just some terrorists mating call. They sure did a good job of making people think so though. Or one could say the media is in part responsible with the way they report the stories.
    Oh come on, someone shouting that as they run in with a weapon trying to kill someone is pretty much pinning their colours to the mast.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Yeah Allahu Akbar is basically equivalent to saying "Oh my God".

Which is probably why there was a lot of confusion about the witness in the Quebec City mosque shooting saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post

Which is probably why there was a lot of confusion about the witness in the Quebec City mosque shooting saying it.
    No, it literally means 'Allah is Great'. Stop spreading bullshit.

I said it's usage is equivalent. I didn't say it's a direct translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post

Try watching war footage from the middleast where they kill poeple or being killed themselves, you can literally not find one where they dont scream that for 10min straight, how does screaming oh my god while butchering people make sense? no im pretty sure it's God is great or Allah is Greater.

It's like their version of a battle cry.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Ok so, Europe is becoming a dangerous place to live.
    don't let fear get the better of you, be rational. Dying from a terrorist attack is highly unlikely, a rare occurence. You litterally have more chance to get hit by a lightning than being a terror attack fatality.

2016 europe terror attack fatality, no more than 2-300 (can't find the exact number). europe population, 900ish millions, so terror death in europe are around 1/4,000,000.
    odd getting hit by lightning are 1/1,042,000 in the US (http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.shtml)

I lived in europe almost all my life, going to nightclub, to the pub, to the theater, i have never had any safety problem, got my bike stolen once, and car radio stolen once (i left the door unlocked).

I lived in los angeles for 6 years, i have been mugged once, my house got burglarized once, my car been broke into twice (2 car stero gone, 2 side windows to replace, and once an ignition cylinder jammed), my bike was stolen once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on, someone shouting that as they run in with a weapon trying to kill someone is pretty much pinning their colours to the mast.
    I think the point that was being made got past you. These stories like to pretend that anytime someone says Allahu Akbar, some horrific shit is about to go down. In turn the public has been conditioned to fear a phrase that heavily relies on context to carry any particular meaning. Its shitty textbook sensationalism that plays on paranoia to get hits.

And of course if someone is yelling Allahu Akbar with a weapon in hand, GTFO of there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    don't let fear get the better of you, be rational. Dying from a terrorist attack is highly unlikely, a rare occurence. You litterally have more chance to get hit by a lightning than being a terror attack fatality.

2016 europe terror attack fatality, no more than 2-300 (can't find the exact number). europe population, 900ish millions, so terror death in europe are around 1/4,000,000.
    odd getting hit by lightning are 1/1,042,000 in the US (http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.shtml)

I lived in europe almost all my life, going to nightclub, to the pub, to the theater, i have never had any safety problem, got my bike stolen once, and car radio stolen once (i left the door unlocked).

I lived in los angeles for 6 years, i have been mugged once, my house got burglarized once, my car been broke into twice (2 car stero gone, 2 side windows to replace, and once an ignition cylinder jammed), my bike was stolen once.
    Set, Game, Match.

Rational post trumps shitposting sensationalist baits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its commonly used how English speakers use "Oh my God" or some other religious based idiom.

10+ Year Old Account
    And of course if someone is yelling Allahu Akbar with a weapon in hand, GTFO of there.
    And that's the point I was trying to make. Like it or not, they have made that their battle cry and when every single person who commits an atrocity in the name of Allah shouts that before they do it, they can expect some association.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's the point I was trying to make. Like it or not, they have made that their battle cry and when every single person who commits an atrocity in the name of Allah shouts that before they do it, they can expect some association.
    Th
    I think I'm more tired of reporters saying stuff like "And he said Allahu Akbar before blowing himself up". No shit, thats what they do because they know its going scare the shit out of people. That little piece of information adds nothing to the story but give notoriety to the perpetrator. Its like reporters who feel the need to say the perpetrators name but doesn't doesn't mention any of the victims. Fuck the perpetrator, they don't deserve any sort of notoriety, hell let them remain unnamed and quickly forgotten if possible.