Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 6.5 ~ 10 Loud noises! Loud music! Loud jump scares! Fifteen cuts to show simple action intead of one or two! Bullshit retcons and revelations! As far as RE sequels go, I'd put it behind Nemesis and a bit ahead of the rest. Some cool monster designs. It was definitely less stupid than the last Underworld sequel. Worth watching if you're a fan of the series, I guess? Or if someone else paid for tickets? Don't wait past the credits.
    As a fan of the series (yes I know it is quite a bit different from the gameverse, but that's not a completely bad thing) I am really looking forward to it, Not enough to warrant going to the cinema but certainly going to be adding it to the blu-ray collection when it gets released. From what I have seen of it so far, it is a definite "popcorn" flick

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    As a fan of the series (yes I know it is quite a bit different from the gameverse, but that's not a completely bad thing) I am really looking forward to it, Not enough to warrant going to the cinema but certainly going to be adding it to the blu-ray collection when it gets released. From what I have seen of it so far, it is a definite "popcorn" flick
    More like eye-torture-and-headache-inducing flick from what I've heard

Saw Doctor Strange I think last night on desktop. Mostly because I saw some stuff referencing it so I had to keep up with pop culture. I think I have to watch Guardians of the Galaxy soon, too...

It was pretty good. I wasn't familiar with the character so it was all pretty new to me. I think the quality was lower than the usual big budget superhero movies like Captain America, so ehhh.

Story was kinda cool. I liked the doctor stuff in the beginning, a lot.
    Plot was kinda bad. I mean, it was cliche, but I thought Doctor Strange was gonna like, actually progress and do stuff. He ended up spending all of his time with the monks, not going back to be a surgeon. Seemed a bit lame. I mean, he didn't even hook back up with his doctor chick, or say anything to the other doctor beside three seconds of handing him a scalpel because he's still crippled. Nothing about the rebuilding of stuff, or a new supreme one, or anything. Plot was horrible, now that I think about it.

I could NOT suspend my disbelief. I think it was the absolute worst superhero movie from Marvel, in terms of action. First of all, some of the scenes about the universe were just trippy, and I don't like interpretive shit. But the real bad part is how the fighting happens. These fucking people can bend time, matter, the universe, do mystical shit, create portals, etc. And what do they do? They have lame physical fist fights. Not even good fist fights, they fight like wanna-be old men ninjas. It's absolutely retarded to watch. Some guy can channel magic 24/7 to make his spine and legs work, but the awesome genius talented people fight with sticks, not even well, at that? It was an embarrassment to watch. I feel like my intelligence was being challenged. Like I was being spit on as an audience member.

1.5/10. If the action wasn't horrible, I'd have given it maybe a 2.5. The plot leaves a lot to be desired and, in my opinion, nothing from the introductions of the characters ever meets a conclusion. So it doesn't even feel complete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    More like eye-torture-and-headache-inducing flick from what I've heard
    Ahah i was thinking exactly that on some scenes. Also very loud movie.
    The couple behind me was like "fucking movie" on the jump scares followed by extreme close up and woobly camera angles xD
    I still enjoyed it only because i'm a fan but i know is a bad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Saw Doctor Strange I think last night on desktop. Mostly because I saw some stuff referencing it so I had to keep up with pop culture. I think I have to watch Guardians of the Galaxy soon, too...

It was pretty good. I wasn't familiar with the character so it was all pretty new to me.
    Pretty sure that's the problem with some that don't get the magic stuff in Marvel. If you have two guys going at it, either one knows the counter to the other so like everything in a fight, it boils down to the physical, and whatever surprises you can dig up at a moment's notice. If this was Iron Man versus Doc Strange, it wouldn't even be a fight. In one of the end credit scenes, Strange pretty much even puts Thor on notice, not just about Loki, but Asgardians in general

10+ Year Old Account
    Jungle Book (2016)

Finally, about a year late, I got around to watching the live action Jungle Book.

In a word? Fantastic.

The effects are OUTSTANDING, the voice over work is superb, and the story is... well, it's jungle book! Brilliant, brilliant film.

Some people say the wheel is the best thing man has ever done, some people say wireless internet, or On Demand Television. I disagree, the greatest thing man has ever done is get Christopher Walken to voice King Louie. Superb.

A modern classic, different, but as good as the Disney version that is so beloved by so many. (Myself included)

Can't WAIT for Favreau to take on his next project... The Lion King!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    I watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. It's an interesting movie, with not much character development(that's mainly because of the setting). But I did enjoy it. The premise was good. Acting was very good. I was enjoying it a lot until the very end. If the ending was different I would have given it a 9, but as it is I give it a 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticfeline View Post
    I watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. It's an interesting movie, with not much character development(that's mainly because of the setting). But I did enjoy it. The premise was good. Acting was very good. I was enjoying it a lot until the very end. If the ending was different I would have given it a 9, but as it is I give it a 8/10.
    I found the ending a bit of a twist...Sonuvabitch, the sociopathic a-hole was right all along...there are aliens...fuck me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Arrival 7/10
    - A bit meh, I was expecting a whole lot more. Like...Contact revamped, but this wasn't it.....

Passengers 9/10
    - I really liked this one, almost shed a mantear, too. The movie was so beautiful aesthetically.

Deepwater Horizon 8/10
    - This looked like a very expensive movie. Also the the director beat Michael Bay with the explosions!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    the greatest thing man has ever done is get Christopher Walken to voice King Louie. Superb.
    I agree. Christopher Walken as King Louie is almost as close to a perfect cast as it gets.

(No real spoilers in this post about Doctor Strange, but I do mention some characterization. Don't read this until you watch the movie, so you can go in completely fresh.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pretty sure that's the problem with some that don't get the magic stuff in Marvel. If you have two guys going at it, either one knows the counter to the other so like everything in a fight, it boils down to the physical, and whatever surprises you can dig up at a moment's notice.
    Oh, NOW I get it.

Doctor Strange is an ego maniac, he can read a book in 5 seconds (books that should take months to understand), he has a photographic memory, he spends months accessing books and shit he really isn't even allowed to take.

His opponent is a failed apprentice that had to make enemies of the monastery because he couldn't remember the spell on ONE page of a book that means the entire world to him.

But since they're both so skilled, they know to just fist fight with each other because they'd be countering each other's spells back and forth like it was a card game anime, and that would just be a waste of time.

Okay yeah, I totally get it now. Sorry, it was my mistake, I just didn't understand the magic stuff in Marvel.

(I'm not particularly mad at you so sorry if I sound sarcastic, but what you said isn't a defense for the bullshit that happened in the movie.)

If this was Iron Man versus Doc Strange, it wouldn't even be a fight.
    ??? What? I'm not sure what the point of this statement is. Maybe you think Doctor Strange is much stronger? Or maybe it's because Iron Man "doesn't know the counters" so he'll just give up and roll over?

Either way, that statement doesn't affect the movie, Doctor Strange.

In one of the end credit scenes, Strange pretty much even puts Thor on notice, not just about Loki, but Asgardians in general
    All he did was ask a question and offer to help since his interests align. It was a cool scene, but it didn't make me think Doctor Strange was all that strong. Does he have some authority because he's the leader of some magic monks? Yeah, sure. Is it in his interest to protect Earth? Yeah, that's his new job.

Oh, NOW I get it.
    Doctor Strange is an ego maniac, he can read a book in 5 seconds (books that should take months to understand), he has a photographic memory, he spends months accessing books and shit he really isn't even allowed to take.
    It's not too much a stretch on the comics. When the Watcher was alive and the Civil War shit was rolling, he approached Strange and asked why he didn't put a stop to it, since he could do so with just a whisper...
    But Strange has always had a problem controlling his arrogance. (Eternity mentioned Strange as a "power of the universe," which didn't help)
    ??? What? I'm not sure what the point of this statement is. Maybe you think Doctor Strange is much stronger? Or maybe it's because Iron Man "doesn't know the counters" so he'll just give up and roll over?
    Not so much as "give up" but Strange would know when he was coming. And Strange could alter reality. (That suit isn't even a consideration. Even Dr. Doom would know better.)
    All he did was ask a question and offer to help since his interests align. It was a cool scene, but it didn't make me think Doctor Strange was all that strong. Does he have some authority because he's the leader of some magic monks? Yeah, sure. Is it in his interest to protect Earth? Yeah, that's his new job.
    I think the scene which was set later or so it appeared, was put forth to suggest that Strange is at a power level similar to the God of Thunder. (Which is close to how the comics put it. When Warlock had the Infinity Gauntlet the three big guns that came forth to challenge him were Strange, Thor, and the Silver Surfer.)

To be fair, I did have my own problems with the movie...but then I've been having problems with Marvel movies ever since IM2.

- - - Updated - - -

Chronicle 8.5/10
    Among the best superhero origin movies...and it came out of nowhere a few years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Passengers - 7.5/10

I was prepared to hate this based on the reviews but it was a pleasant surprise. A bit heavy handed in spots but I really liked the concept and the issues the main characters had to deal with. Pratt and Lawrence had good chemistry and I was glued from beginning to end. Good stuff.

Passengers - 2/10

Boring and predictable. More chick flick then sci-fi.

The Edge of Seventeen - 6/10

As a teacher for 13-16 yrs olds, I enjoyed it, and saw several of my former students in the main character, (portrayed very well by Hailee Steinfeld.) Harrelson pulls off a great "Bill Murray", whose sarcasm in this movie makes for some good laughs.
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2017-02-06 at 06:20 AM.

Passengers - 8/10 I rather enjoyed the movie as the aesthetics and the story made for an enjoyable experience.

Split - Was a solid movie for me and I felt near the end I would give it a solid 8/10, but for me that ending scene took the movie to 11/10. I get for some that ending didn't do anything for any number of reasons, but for me that ending changed everything about the movie and added a lot of fun things to think about.

Arrival 9/10

Awesome. I hope irl the military is not as dumb and eager to obstruct science!

Finding Dory 9/10.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

7+ Year Old Account
    Passengers (2016) - 6/10

Acting was ok. Story was ok. Kind of boring. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Passengers 9/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Passengers - 7.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Passengers - 2/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Passengers - 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Is it a coincidence that you five all post for the same movie within the span of like 1.5 days?

I feel like sometimes people all post about the same movie, and it's not like it JUST came out in the movie theater, so it has to be that they got it from some source at the same time...I'm kinda curious as to the source...