Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

Also if any part of a video game makes you feel like you are "suffering" you should quit playing, they're meant to be fun.
    You ought to forward that message to the developers. Nothing compensates for shitt suramar city except for bypassing it. Which they rolled out.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you give some examples of which of the World Quests you find particularly bad?
    Anything that requires navigating suramar city
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Flying is disorder in mmo, and it should never be introduced in game. Good fantasy, but it doesn't fit in large picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Yes, and that's what exactly is happening. I'm not subbed and haven't been since end of Cata. I'm dealing with it by being vocal on the matter and pointing out the issues surrounding flight and Blizzard's reactions to it. Just because it's the way it is doesn't mean it's good for the game. If flight is so OP, then it should be fixed, not locked away for a year and presented to players as if it was some sort of reward for staying subbed.
    They obviously have a reason for why they chose this. They either can't find a solution they think is good enough for both sides of the argument to agree with or they don't want to. I dunno.

Also and more importantly: If you've been unsubbed since the end of Cata then how or why do you even care about the state of flying in the game? You obviously didn't quit because of a lack of flying because flying was in MoP once you hit level 90.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Like I pointed out with the Zandalari Warbringer farming, I'd spent weeks going around the world hunting for rare spawns and killing them. They randomly spawn in 5 corners of Pandaria and I wouldn't farm them if flight paths were my only means of travel. The world is a sandbox where I am able to enjoy things like hunting rare spawns. I hit max level and get flying as quickly as I can, so I can spend more of my time hunting them rather than on the level up process. My value of time spent is less on leveling and doing dailies and more on things I want to do.
    Jk you lied about being unsubbed since Cata lol

Honestly your complaints are all over the place here... you hate the zones being so packed but you also hate having "idle time," so wouldn't the zones being "packed" help with that? Didn't you hate the idle time as you traveled the vast, empty spaces from Dalaran to the Scarlet Enclave or Sons of Hodir; or from Shattrath to where the Ogri'la quests were?

Also how is it a problem that things are packed, but also the mobs are too spaced out, and this is a design you say came in Cata, but Cata's daily quests were barely any different to WotLK, and those were basically the same as regular quests except you got to do them every day...

Can you give some examples of which of the World Quests you find particularly bad?
    Hard to explain this problem, if you have never played Vanilla. I've already said, that I don't record videos, but if I would - I would show you great examples of this problem. About 2 weeks ago I encountered Kra'nak wiping and was able to complete it within reasonable amount of time due to only one reason - flying allowed me to get from one side of location to another within just few seconds - otherwise I would have missed mobs, that respawned there right at that moment. If there wouldn't be flying - other players would always wipe all mobs right in front of me, leaving nothing for me.

I've already said, that current outdoor design - is like mining/herbalism back in Cata. If there is player in front of you, picking nodes/herbs - it's pointless to follow him, as he is in best spot and grab all respawning node/herbs and you're getting nothing. You should change direction quickly in order to find a spot, where nodes/herbs are just about to respawn. And flying - is best tool for doing it. Guess what? In case of resource gathering this design was buried for reason. Because such kind of pseudo-PVP in PVE game - is complete nonsense.

Why packed design is bad and old one - good? Small locations mean small amount of mobs/items. And old one provided enough mobs/items for ALL players.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

So you will pay half year of sub, $90 total.

Cannot believe people fall for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You ought to forward that message to the developers. Nothing compensates for shitt suramar city except for bypassing it. Which they rolled out.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything that requires navigating suramar city
    See, you see that argument as reasons why something is bad. I just see it as you being bad.

What if there was someone that really just especially sucked at moving. Like a mom playing a complicated video game. They could easily come to the forums and make it sound like it's the game's fault, but if you watched them play for 2 minutes you'd see the problem. Considering how many bad players I see on the combat side of WoW, I don't discount that this many people just suck and need flying to compensate.

I'm not saying you suck. Point is, idk if you do. And considering Suramar is fine if you put a little effort into remembering paths and dozen leyline portals they give you, kind of easy to assume you suck or aren't trying. Either that or you have no patience, which I have even less compassion for.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-02-03 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Jk you lied about being unsubbed since Cata lol
    Caught me there!

I've played in every expansion except Legion so far. Blizzard hands off 7-10 day trials all the time, you just have to know when to look. So technically, the last time I played was WoD, but I don't think 7-day trials or 1 month of MoP is much I can say for how flight affected the expansions in long-term.

I don't quit or come back due to flying. I do so because of content, and that's the main point I've always pushed. Flying is just one of many factors to what I consider helpful in the content I want to do, like rare spawn farming or achievements. I know that the way I play, I will consume content faster than it can be delivered; and I'm not interested in sticking around for time-gated progress if I don't have to. We all know that within 6 months the gear you get is going to be made useless by newer gear, and it's not like gear is hard to get at all. I'm not one of those 'need BiS' players, and 'well you didn't do Mythic' doesn't apply to me since I wouldn't enjoy raiding if it wasn't with a group of friends. What's left for a returning veteran with no standing guild is doing all the random solo stuff like mount collecting, achievement farm and simply enjoying the world at my leisure. That's what flight helps achieve. Fuck if I care about anyone else's personal reasoning to have or not have, because none of what I'm asking for is taking away from anyone else's experience of the content any more than Blizzard adding flight in 7.2 would affect. The only difference is it happens sooner than later.

I don't see why so many people are defending current world content when it's already pretty inconsequential. World Quests aren't really required at this point, yet it's the dominant (as communicated by Blizzard) reason why we don't have flight yet. If flight had limitations and restrictions built into it, we wouldn't have to talk around it as if it's some god damned cheat mode that happens to prevent me from using my hard-earned mounts.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-02-03 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you know.. while working for my pathfinder (goddamn Wardens, what.. an annoying... reputation) I realize something that was likely already mentioned. the whole "we don't want you to skip content!" is such a bullshit argument between flightmaster's whistle and gliders and Aviana's toy... we already have PLENTY of ways to skip content.
    Then you turn around and realize you had to do a bunch of content just to put all that together.

The irony.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Then you turn around and realize you had to do a bunch of content just to put all that together.

The irony.
    Yeah, all the content that flight would've skipped. But let's just focus on 'Flight is bad because it skips content!' because it's easier for some people to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The irony.
    Yeah, and that should have unlocked flying. There's no reason to wait almost a year after that.

The irony.
    not nearly as much as is required for pathfinder. a fraction of it, in fact (you just need to be friendly with required factions... which takes relatively little time, a few intro quest per zone, really) - hell you get gliders randomly just by clicking on blingtron every day. not to mention.. insult to injury. died in Suramar for the first time (got a little reckless with the "kill specific mob" quest inside the city) and lo and behold - death run? is actualy a death flight. not flight ready, MY ASS.

but the reality.. even with flight. you skip no content. you merely reduce travel time between pieces of content. and contrary to what some of you think - navigating shitty terrain and mindless mob grinding? is not content. its time sink.

in any case. IMO? while I think rep grinds are a ridiculous, pointless and annoying addition to the requirement - fine. have a requirement to do all the quests to be able to fly. the part that bugs me is that even after you do all that... its STILL time gated. you have already seen all the content on the ground. why do you have to wait to see it from the sky, while having full control over your movement again?
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-02-03 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Yeah, and that should have unlocked flying. There's no reason to wait almost a year after that.
    Well, you haven't done all the content required, that is why. It is a luxury item, patching up when things are almost of no use. And seeing as invasions are coming to the isles, I understand some wait.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, you haven't done all the content required, that is why. It is a luxury item, patching up when things are almost of no use. And seeing as invasions are coming to the isles, I understand some wait.
    What value does a luxury have when, by the time that you finally get it, it's not good for anything? This is the problem people keep glossing over when they keep repeating how good pathfinder is.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    What value does a luxury have when, by the time that you finally get it, it's not good for anything? This is the problem people keep glossing over when they keep repeating how good pathfinder is.
    The point is for you to do the content without flying and then re-enable it later after you experienced it all and it's basically "old" content.

Flying isn't really meant for current content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flight isn't meant to do anymore good than being a luxury shortcut from other people whom haven't done it. I actually like the unlock idea, it is a good method, for there is no way ANYONE has seen all the world content yet. For me, flight is basically something you deserve unlocked, when done with the world. I'm not talking world quests, but events etc. And there's apparently more to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The point is for you to do the content without flying and then re-enable it later after you experienced it all and it's basically "old" content.

Flying isn't really meant for current content.
    It is as it should be, a reward. Not just, "oh, I'm max level" purchase.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    And do you really believe that's what's happening? All the current content has been cleared already. We're 6 months into the expansion and there hasn't been any new area unlocks, just returns to places we've already been hundreds, if not THOUSANDS, of times already. What "experience" is being preserved by withholding flight for this long?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Flight isn't meant to do anymore good than being a luxury shortcut from other people whom haven't done it. I actually like the unlock idea, it is a good method, for there is no way ANYONE has seen all the world content yet. For me, flight is basically something you deserve unlocked, when done with the world. I'm not talking world quests, but events etc. And there's apparently more to come.

- - - Updated - - -

It is as it should be, a reward. Not just, "oh, I'm max level" purchase.
    You're missing the point, though. How much value does a "reward" have when there's nothing to use it on? What good is a "shortcut" when it doesn't lead anywhere you haven't already been hundreds of times and have no further interest in going to? What good is a "luxury" that doesn't actually have any value?

I'm all for having to put in work and time to unlock flying rather than simply being a gold purchase at max level with no investment. But you guys need to realize that Pathfinder is the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Pathfinder ensures that instead of GIVING flight value, that it instead has none.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-03 at 10:34 PM.

You're missing the point, though. How much value does a "reward" have when there's nothing to use it on? What good is a "shortcut" when it doesn't lead anywhere you haven't already been hundreds of times and have no further interest in going to? What good is a "luxury" that doesn't actually have any value?

I'm all for having to put in work and time to unlock flying rather than simply being a gold purchase at max level with no investment. But you guys need to realize that Pathfinder is the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Pathfinder ensures that instead of GIVING flight value, that it instead has none.
    Are you here to assume you're not going to have another year to benefit from flying?

"I'm all for having to put in time and work, but pathfinding is not time or work" Literally what?

flying is not a luxury ffs. a yak mount with portable transmog is a luxury. one of those new over a mil at the vendor mounts is a luxury. flying is a quality of life feature.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Are you here to assume you're not going to have another year to benefit from flying?

"I'm all for having to put in time and work, but pathfinding is not time or work" Literally what?
    So I should accept putting in a crap pile of time and effort on the trust that Blizzard won't just release a bunch of no-flying islands in 7.2 and 7.3? Don't make me laugh. Or maybe I should be pleased that when I finally get to fly, I can go revisit all those world quests that I did hundreds of times in order to unlock flying in the first place? You know....the ones that don't actually have any reputation I need because I already maxed it, and don't have any useful gear either? What a joke!

And as for putting in work: There's a difference between putting in some effort and getting compensation for it, and getting screwed and milked for no gain. Do you go to work every day, then at the end of the week celebrate getting a paycheck with $1 on it? No, of course not! Why should we be happy about completing pathfinder and getting flight that isn't actually good for anything, then?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-03 at 10:50 PM.

It's like doing a month's work, then receiving your pay in a currency that isn't legal tender anymore.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton