Quote Originally Posted by Piizzaislife View Post
    What neck enchant are you guys running now ?

Satyr? Claw? Trained soldier?
    I've checked bunch of boomkins from first page on wowprogress and about half of them uses claw and half uses soldier, but no one uses satyre anymore. AoE heavy fights probably favor soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    AFAIR both trap and paralyze work for one target only, so there's something else.
    paladin aoe disorient cleanses too

So I've recently gotten two pieces of tier, some 890 gloves and an 890 Fury of the Burning Sky. I was pretty excited because I haven't gotten any loot in a long time but I seem to be doing worse with my tier and 890 gloves than I was without. I went from probably 12.3k haste to a nearly even 10k haste but I figured since the gloves I got were a nearly 40 ilvl upgrade as well as the chest tier being a 20 ilvl upgrade combined with the 2pc would make up for the lack of haste but it doesn't seem to. I even simmed everything I've gotten and the new gear is supposed to be better but I feel like I performed better with my old gear.

This shit is really frustrating because I went nearly a month without getting anything and I finally get some gear but it turns out that's it not even worth using.... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    I've checked bunch of boomkins from first page on wowprogress and about half of them uses claw and half uses soldier, but no one uses satyre anymore. AoE heavy fights probably favor soldier.
    Is there some 7.1.5 theorycrafting regarding neck enchants?

Well, Satyr is a single target damage proc, Soldier is a flat stat boost. Satyr doesn't scale with number of targets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, Satyr is a single target damage proc, Soldier is a flat stat boost. Satyr doesn't scale with number of targets at all.
    I was thinking more along the line of claw vs soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Florentfox View Post
    I got whisper in the dark 895 and the 4p set, but i fall at 10k haste (from 12k5), dont know if i should keep the 4p, the trinket or the haste
    Maybe I just have the worst luck in the world but I find Whisper in the Dark to be complete crap. People claiming it has a high tendency to proc on pull is BS. It has a higher tendency to go an entire fight without proccing than it does to proc on the opener. And when you do get it to proc is probably going to be at a very inopportune time. If people want to fish for that one pull where they get good RNG go for it. Until blizzard fixes the proc rate (it is allegedly .7 per minute) my 905 whispers will continue to gather dust in my bag.

Personally i'd say keep the 4pc and the haste over that trinket. Metranome is so much more dependable.

My experience with it is that the 0.7 per minute is accurate.

EDIT: In fact I got 32 procs in total over the 10 heroic kills of Wednesday. Said heroic kills lasted a total of 46 minutes and 5 seconds, which gives a remarkably accurate 0.694 procs per minute. Obviously some fights are luckier than others (1 proc on Botanist vs 4 on Trilliax) and as with all those trinkets (I'm looking at you SFC) you're depending a bit more on RNG, but ye.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2017-02-03 at 02:49 PM.

The way I see it, if the trinket doesnt proc on the fight, you lose out on like 3-4% of your damage than you would with a normal trinket right? But if it procs, then you gain so much more dps,

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    The way I see it, if the trinket doesnt proc on the fight, you lose out on like 3-4% of your damage than you would with a normal trinket right? But if it procs, then you gain so much more dps,
    Exactly. And you normaly have a pretty high ilvl difference between whisphers and your alterantives. At least on average. With flat int, even with no procc or low proccs, its never a "bad" trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerxyrall View Post
    Exactly. And you normaly have a pretty high ilvl difference between whisphers and your alterantives. At least on average. With flat int, even with no procc or low proccs, its never a "bad" trinket.
    its only a bad trinket when it doesnt proc. Our shadowpriest didnt get any procs on Krosus till the 10th pull, and then it procced 5 times in a fight and he was happy

People that are mad at Whispers can give it to me, I will gladly take it from them and end their frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    which four tier pieces would be ideal?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    which four tier pieces would be ideal?
    chest cloak pants shoulder with ED helm

Replace cloak with helm if you don't have ED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks. I was wondering if chest or gloves

10+ Year Old Account
    The gloves arnt ideal, but I got a 915 wf proc so will be keeping mine xD

Need teir shoulders and EDC/helm from one of the first 2 bosses.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Replace cloak with helm if you don't have ED.
    Why would you do that? Both pieces have shit itemization so you might as well take the hit on the lower budget item.

Do you guys respec before each boss AoE/ST(for progression) or have a hybrid spec?
    I was thinking Starlord, Inc, SS, SD.
    Last night there was another balance ST spec and he was doing very well on all bosses(granted high ilvl). I'm not interested in padding.

Cheerios

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    Do you guys respec before each boss AoE/ST(for progression) or have a hybrid spec?
    I was thinking Starlord, Inc, SS, SD.
    Last night there was another balance ST spec and he was doing very well on all bosses(granted high ilvl). I'm not interested in padding.

Cheerios
    I usually swap talents between bosses. You only need a minute to TP into the Order Hall and back to do it.