Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

G2A Reddit AMA BACKFIRES - The Know Gaming News

Buying cheap Steam keys sounds like a pretty nice deal... at least until you accidentally buy a stolen one. Steam key reseller G2A has been criticized quite a bit for this, so they decided to host an AMA to clear the air... which turned into a total disaster. Seriously, it's hard to look away.
    Watch the video for more details.

Fuck g2a.

The G2A AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...l_marketplace/
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-03 at 10:33 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Watch the video for more details.

Fuck g2a.
    And I'll continue to buy from them. So, whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And I'll continue to buy from them. So, whatevs.
    Ya I'm sure many will.

Doesn't change the fact G2A is shit...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...l_marketplace/

Link to the actual AMA itself. It's some top quality popcorn material, watching the G2A folks frantically try to defend their bullshit while lying through their teeth was pretty fun yesterday, need to take another pass to catch up on all their responses I missed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...place/dd7kta8/

My favorite was them literally locking a dudes account down so he couldn't purchase games or cash out his money after he proved that no, they don't actually have any kind of verification process in place for players who sell keys through the sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...l_marketplace/

Link to the actual AMA itself. It's some top quality popcorn material, watching the G2A folks frantically try to defend their bullshit while lying through their teeth was pretty fun yesterday, need to take another pass to catch up on all their responses I missed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...place/dd7kta8/

My favorite was them literally locking a dudes account down so he couldn't purchase games or cash out his money after he proved that no, they don't actually have any kind of verification process in place for players who sell keys through the sites.
    Ill add the AMA to the OP.

Honestly I've seen worse. They know they're unpopular on reddit and still decided to do an AMA. Nothing to lose.
    And they ACTUALLY provided answer to all of the most upvoted answers, which is rare enough to be noted, pretty positive for a disaster.

Read a bit. Just looks to me like a bunch of angry nerds not happy with the answers. I for one have never had any issues with G2A and will continue to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Read a bit. Just looks to me like a bunch of angry nerds not happy with the answers. I for one have never had any issues with G2A and will continue to use them.
    How is pointing out G2A's flaws and proving the G2A person wrong, Is just "A bunch of angry nerds". Just because you haven't had issues with G2A doesn't mean there isn't any issues with G2A or its business model.

10+ Year Old Account
    G2A has been the scourge of gaming for months. It's bad for publishers, it's bad for small developers and ultimately, it's the player who suffer the most out of it.

G2A, you should already be closed down. I'm glad though that you offered a platform for the people to call you on what you do.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I love G2A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by grantbradley32 View Post
    I love G2A

I love buying stolen gods aswell

Quote Originally Posted by grantbradley32 View Post
    I love G2A

I'm sure many do and I'm sure some of those people ether don't know the damage G2A causes or if they do they don't give a shit.

Funny enough I bet some of those who use G2A are against pirating games even tho G2A is proven to be far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I love buying stolen gods aswell
    Isn't it the greatest ? :-)

Why is everyone so focused on G2A, while there are dozens of these type of markets?

Yeah what about Russian EBay ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Why is everyone so focused on G2A, while there are dozens of these type of markets?
    G2A is the biggest and most poplar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    G2A is the biggest and most poplar.
    Not in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Because G2A is the biggest contender by a huge margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Not in my country.
    and that country is..?

I love how the fucking solution to G2A is just to call it scum instead of appropriately lower the prices of the games that people buy there.

(IE 60 Dollar shitshows like CoD and Ubishit Titles)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Because G2A is the biggest contender by a huge margin.
    G2A isn't even the cheapest though.