Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Issues with krosus mythic

So, my guild was progressing Krosus tonight. We had a little break after roughly two hours, and I used the time to take a look into the logs. Things felt well, I was doing my required 300k while not equipping damage trinkets and even drew aggro from my paladin co-tank once or twice (Which obviously isn´t good, but somehow made me chuckle). I also had the impression, that my paladin co-tank died a lot more to stuff, then I did. Logs say something else. After the break (which took place between try 14 and 15) I offered the raidlead to be switched out with a dk, seeing that the main source of my damage taken was the dot. I figured, that a dk would have an easier time with magical damage.

So, in short: What could I improve, what can I do better? Was using Cooldowns on the smashes, spellreflect when I had around 4 stacks of the dot. I beat the paladin in most tries in terms of damage but I considered speccing into Indom. Any advice? Anger management? Any major issues with my usage of mitigation or my general rotation? I really need some advice, this bothers me a lot.

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1
    Last edited by Valech; 2017-02-03 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    We killed it last night and though i can't go into details into the tanking part our warrior tank had a hard(er) time than his druid co-tank (was running with devastator/BV/HR). We used our dh to take 2 smashes in place of the warrior if that helps.

I'm yet to start progress on the boss myself (my guild went to Spellblade), but I have been thinking about it a lot, as this was always going to be a fight we were going to suck at compared to other classes...

I'd definitely take Anger Management, though. Lower SB uptime will result in lower DPS, but you'll have more than enough while actively tanking, and the extra demo shouts will help with the Slam's.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I'm yet to start progress on the boss myself (my guild went to Spellblade), but I have been thinking about it a lot, as this was always going to be a fight we were going to suck at compared to other classes...

I'd definitely take Anger Management, though. Lower SB uptime will result in lower DPS, but you'll have more than enough while actively tanking, and the extra demo shouts will help with the Slam's.
    I was thinking about that, too. The problem is, that I am already pretty decked out with cooldowns, regarding smashes. I am using demo, shieldwall, last stand, trinket + ironbark, demo. Somewhere around then, shieldwall comes off cooldown, since I am using the ring legendary. Didn´t get further. I am not sure if AM gives me enough additional demoshouts to use them outside smashes - asides, I doubt, that demo shouts affects the dot damage on me, since it still needs a target to debuff. Or did it change to flat 20%?
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I was thinking about that, too. The problem is, that I am already pretty decked out with cooldowns, regarding smashes. I am using demo, shieldwall, last stand, trinket + ironbark, demo. Somewhere around then, shieldwall comes off cooldown, since I am using the ring legendary. Didn´t get further. I am not sure if AM gives me enough additional demoshouts to use them outside smashes - asides, I doubt, that demo shouts affects the dot damage on me, since it still needs a target to debuff. Or did it change to flat 20%?
    Wouldn't AM & the ring give you a third Shield Wall during the fight?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Wouldn't AM & the ring give you a third Shield Wall during the fight?
    This is likely. Yet, it doesn´t adress my main issue. Am I doing something wrong or are prot warriors just not suited well for that boss?

This is likely. Yet, it doesn´t adress my main issue. Am I doing something wrong or are prot warriors just not suited well for that boss?
    We suck for the boss, from Normal to Mythic, anything than Prot Warrior should do better on that fight cause too much passive magical damage.

Pretty much because we cant mitigate the dot apart from 5 seconds every 25 seconds and IP has been overly nerfed and usually gets consumed instantly.

But if i was doing the fight i would go try AM since there is too much "combo" damage, Orbs+ Dot , Slam+ Dot etc.

probably shouldnt be heavy repruc for this fight, AM/booming voice seems better all the way around, let your blocks recharge etc

Sadly, I think Potis is right... Look at your tools for DoT mitigation:
    Shield Wall - 40%, 4m CD.
    Spell Reflection - 30%, 30s CD.

Now look at Druids...
    Adaptive Fur - 10%, 100% uptime.
    Mark of Ursol - 30%, 100% uptime.
    Thick Hide - 6%, 100% uptime.
    Survival Instincts (x2/x3) - 50%, 4m CD.
    Barkskin - 20%, 90s CD.
    Rage of the Sleeper - Actually useful artifact ability.

Of course there's Ignore Pain, but DoT's don't give us RPDT worth a damn... Druids have Frenzied Regen, which of course scales perfectly.

Warriors are good at two things - DPS, and bosses that can be (mostly) blocked. Krosus is neither of those things... If you've a split character you could swap to for this fight, chances are it'll be better than your main, sadly. Of course it's 100% doable as a Warrior, but the effort required from yourself & your healers just seems well out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    probably shouldnt be heavy repruc for this fight, AM/booming voice seems better all the way around, let your blocks recharge etc
    I'd still go with Vengeance. Vengeance weaving will result in more SS resets and more IP, which is what we need on this fight.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2017-02-04 at 08:05 AM.

What you think about gearing? Should we strive for more versatility? Which trinkets would be ideal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borcaxe View Post
    What you think about gearing? Should we strive for more versatility? Which trinkets would be ideal?
    Heroic since i don't have a guild: Switched from 30/41/9 to 23/36/18 with 2piece (since 4p is pretty much worthless on krosus) and Coagulated Nightwell Residue, felt a bit more consistent overall.

edit: on a sidenote, does anyone think 4p is worth it outside of m+? Still missing the headpiece for 4piece, so i have to drop useful stats for around 2k crit. (got: shoulders, cape, chest, leg, hands - but hand leg)
    Last edited by mmoc961a6aa380; 2017-02-04 at 11:04 AM.

i tanked it on my druid, and it was immeasurably simple, you just keep mark of ursoc up, later stacks use frenzied to keep yourself topped, and hit ironfur for slams,
    problem is that warriors magic mitigation is less, only 5 seconds per 25, and block doesnt seem to mitigate slam damage, its almost a perfect storm of horrid mechanics.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel slightly better, reading this thread.