Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I love how the fucking solution to G2A is just to call it scum instead of appropriately lower the prices of the games that people buy there.

(IE 60 Dollar shitshows like CoD and Ubishit Titles)
    ...what? You want publishers to drop the prices of their games because people sell illegally purchased keys for below the MSRP on shady gray market sites?

...how does that make a lick of sense? Don't want to buy them at full price? Don't. It's not as if sales, especially for PC games, aren't super common, with deep discounts coming faster and faster.

Aww, so cute, another bandwagon topic. Did Edge bring proof this time, or is it all based on emotion again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Aww, so cute, another bandwagon topic. Did Edge bring proof this time, or is it all based on emotion again.
    Maybe you could give one or two posts a read before shitposting : )

I love how the fucking solution to G2A is just to call it scum instead of appropriately lower the prices of the games that people buy there.

(IE 60 Dollar shitshows like CoD and Ubishit Titles)
    You realize if you adjust for inflation games are cheaper now then they was 20 years ago right? You may not like CoD or Ubisoft games but they still cost a fuck ton of money to get made and there is millions of people who do.

Posts like yours shows that you are unformed on how much game development costs or what the devs even get on game sells.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...what? You want publishers to drop the prices of their games because people sell illegally purchased keys for below the MSRP on shady gray market sites?

...how does that make a lick of sense? Don't want to buy them at full price? Don't. It's not as if sales, especially for PC games, aren't super common, with deep discounts coming faster and faster.
    People buy the keys because they are appropriately priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You realize if you adjust for inflation games are cheaper now then they was 20 years ago right? You may not like CoD or Ubisoft games but they still cost a fuck ton of money to get made and there is millions of people who do.

Posts like yours shows that you are unformed on how much game development costs or what the devs even get on game sells.
    You realize adjusting for inflation minimum wage hasn't budged and the average gamer is a 20 something McJobber right?

You realize adjusting for inflation minimum wage hasn't budged and the average gamer is a 20 something McJobber right?
    You realize the first part of this post is not related to the topic at hand at all. Also do you realize the 2nd doesn't matter ether right?

Don't deflect.

People buy keys because they are cheap not because they are appropriately priced.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Not to mention the likes of Steam sales making thousands of games available for like $5-$10, and FTP games... existing at all.

When I was a kid you could buy a new game in stores for about AUD$75-100, or you could go fuck yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No, they buy them because they're cheap. The "appropriate price" for the publisher is the MSRP they set. The "appropriate price" for the consumer is whatever they believe it's worth, and if those two don't match up then the consumer needs to either decide to wait until the price drops, or if they want to purchase it at the higher price/not at all.

Gray market resellers selling keys purchased via credit card fraud do not set market prices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not to mention the likes of Steam sales making thousands of games available for like $5-$10, and FTP games... existing at all.

When I was a kid you could buy a new game in stores for about AUD$75-100, or you could go fuck yourself.
    It's hardly surprising steam can perform such sales when most of its sales come while the game is Overpriced.
    Most of the time g2a is cheaper even when steam had that game on sale.

One person's value of a game differs to the next, I mean how many time have over hyped triple A games burned people and been absolute crap.... I mean the list for that is huge!

- - - Updated - - -

No, they buy them because they're cheap. The "appropriate price" for the publisher is the MSRP they set. The "appropriate price" for the consumer is whatever they believe it's worth, and if those two don't match up then the consumer needs to either decide to wait until the price drops, or if they want to purchase it at the higher price/not at all.

Gray market resellers selling keys purchased via credit card fraud do not set market prices.
    Thats cute, but hardly factual unless you have proof all their keys are obtained by fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalimar View Post
    Thats cute, but hardly factual unless you have proof all their keys are obtained by fraud.
    More then enough story's have proven this to be a issue. Google is your friend try it sometime, also ill take the word of a dev over some random forum poster.

Dev's are not shitting on G2A because they are cheap, If that was the case they would shit on steam as well.

Deleted
    More then enough story's have proven this to be a issue. Google is your friend try it sometime, also ill take the word of a dev over some random forum poster.

Dev's are not shitting on G2A because they are cheap, If that was the case they would shit on steam as well.

Except steam aren't cheap, they are Overpriced.

Sure there's been a handful of stories, but there's been similar stories of ebay, Gumtree, Craigslist you name any second market sellers.

An issue and all their keys are brought during fraud are two very different things.
    G2A and companies like that aren't going anywhere, get used to it.

"appropriately priced"? Is that why game sales are at record high numbers now? So overpriced, yet people keep paying for them. Legion (an expansion) $50, Overwatch, League of Legends with single skins costing up to $25, all kinds of games including CoD still having high sales despite these prices and being old news. Yea... clearly these prices are too high and people are showing that by voting with their wallets!

Sure there's been a handful of stories, but there's been similar stories of ebay, Gumtree, Craigslist you name any second market sellers.

An issue and all their keys are brought during fraud are two very different things.
    G2A and companies like that aren't going anywhere, get used to it.
    Overpriced is a matter of opinion.

1) Ebay hasn't had any similar stories in over 10 years and they overhauled there whole system because of the sell of stolen goods. They also will 100% protect there consumers no questions ask. It has improved enough where company chains like best buy will sell right on there as well.

2) Sites like Craigslist have a bad rap because there is no monitoring of it. (Never heard of Gumtree)

3) No I don't have to get use to anything. Its called having morals and standing up for something try it sometime. The only reason G2A and other sites like it get away with there sells is because they are located in China. Many dev's have came out about g2a and them losing money because of that site and others like it.

If you buy from G2A you are doing more damage then someone who pirates a game. If you buy from G2A you have ZERO rights to bitch about DLC or anything like it. You are not only hurting dev's but also gamers when you use these sites.

They aren't all obtained by fraud in various forms, but many of them are and G2A has consistently done very little to deal with this situation. I don't think I've ever once said or implied (at least not intentionally) that 100% of their keys sold/resold through G2A were illegitimately obtained.

To you. Steam games are sold at MSRP, and are frequently put on deep sale well below MSRP. Claims that games are overpriced nowadays are largely silly, especially considering the fact that games are both cheaper than they once were (with games selling for upwards of $100 as recently as the 90's) and the fact that the $60 retail of most games has remained unchanged for decades despite inflation existing.

Deleted
    Overpriced is a matter of opinion.

1) Ebay hasn't had any similar stories in over 10 years and they overhauled there whole system because of the sell of stolen goods. They also will 100% protect there consumers no questions ask. It has improved enough where company chains like best buy will sell right on there as well.

2) Sites like Craigslist have a bad rap because there is no monitoring of it. (Never heard of Gumtree)

3) No I don't have to get use to anything. Its called having morals and standing up for something try it sometime. The only reason G2A and other sites like it get away with there sells is because they are located in China. Many dev's have came out about g2a and them losing money because of that site and others like it.

If you buy from G2A you are doing more damage then someone who pirates a game. If you buy from G2A you have ZERO rights to bitch about DLC or anything like it. You are not only hurting dev's but also gamers when you use these sites.
    I guess that's why developers set up market fronts on G2A then to damage the gaming industry.

I guess that's why developers set up market fronts on G2A then to damage the gaming industry.
    Wtf are you smoking seriously.

Do you have any proof to such a wild claim....

Deleted
    They aren't all obtained by fraud in various forms, but many of them are and G2A has consistently done very little to deal with this situation. I don't think I've ever once said or implied (at least not intentionally) that 100% of their keys sold/resold through G2A were illegitimately obtained.

To you. Steam games are sold at MSRP, and are frequently put on deep sale well below MSRP. Claims that games are overpriced nowadays are largely silly, especially considering the fact that games are both cheaper than they once were (with games selling for upwards of $100 as recently as the 90's) and the fact that the $60 retail of most games has remained unchanged for decades despite inflation existing.

To alot of people clearly or such a topic wouldn't exist with such differing opinions, I've been gaming what 20 or just over years, games today are very rarely worth their cost, all hype and graphics and 90% of the time very little game.

Steam games are almost always higher than MRSP because they cream so much out of the sale price. Not to mention that the much lauded Valve are about to be dragged through court for price fixing!

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf are you smoking seriously.

Do you have any proof to such a wild claim....
    What are you smoking, HI Rez have a storefront on G2A as do wargaming and others, G2A being the boogeyman and all you'd think developers the world over would shun it no?

Steam offer a 70/30 split, G2A offer developers 89.2/10.8 with the ability to add 10% to third party auctions to profit on those.
    Last edited by mmocdd2c7cd102; 2017-02-04 at 01:01 AM.

What are you smoking, HI Rez have a storefront on G2A as do wargaming and others, G2A being the boogeyman and all you'd think developers the world over would shun it no?
    So because maybe 2 company's cave it its clearly OK.

Also take a moment and look at the two company's you just said are ok with G2A. Let that sink in for a moment, do you not realize the type of games those two company's sell.

Steam games are almost always higher than MRSP
    No they are not and Valve isn't being dragging into court over price fixing. Seriously start siting some sources for your claims.

So I looked for their developers on the marketplace and none of them are big, new or popular games. They claimed to have 75 developers but I only see 16 games listed on their "buy direct from developers" page.

Their 16 games are:
    Beholder
    Stronghold 3 Gold
    1500 gems for Smite
    Guardians of Ember
    Box Maze
    Pressure
    Cosmonautica
    Table Top Racing
    Gloria Victis early access
    Death Stair
    Superhot
    Apartment 666
    Project Genom
    Redout
    Hidden Object
    ShellShock Live

Thats it. A far cry from their "75 developers" they claimed

EDIT: I clicked on one, and the developer seems to have removed their offer from the site too as it popped up with "There is no offer from this seller. The seller has either sold this product or removed the offer"
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2017-02-04 at 01:06 AM.

Deleted
    So because maybe 2 company's cave it its clearly OK.

Also take a moment and look at the two company's you just said are ok with G2A. Let that sink in for a moment, do you not realize the type of games those two company's sell.

No they are not and Valve isn't being dragging into court over price fixing. Seriously start siting some sources for your claims.
    There are 75 developers part of G2A direct.

You may want to try that Google thing you spoke of, because your coming across I'll informed

https://www.kitguru.net/components/j...-price-fixing/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...d-price-fixing