Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalimar View Post
    There are 75 developers part of G2A direct.

You may want to try that Google thing you spoke of, because your coming across I'll informed

https://www.kitguru.net/components/j...-price-fixing/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...d-price-fixing
    I can't find a list of these 75 developers anywhere and on their direct purchase page they only have 16 games listed.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another JTBrig G2A rant Thread. Couldn't you have kept it to one of your 100 others?

Like I say everytime you start a new thread. People that didn't use them still won't, people that do use them still will. A random guy on the internet sooking about them all the time won't make anyone care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I can't find a list of these 75 developers anywhere and on their direct purchase page they only have 16 games listed.
    I do believe developers aren't just limited to games.
    They are talking software developers as a whole. I would imagine such a scheme would be of interest to small and indie devs primarily
    Last edited by mmocdd2c7cd102; 2017-02-04 at 01:12 AM.

--snip--
    Only game on that list I have even heard of is Superhot.

- - - Updated - - -

You may want to try that Google thing you spoke of, because your coming across I'll informed
    You make claims its on you to provide sources champ. Also no one seems to be able to find these 75 dev's your talking about.

Also you seem to have trouble reading, in your own link.
    EUROPEAN COMMISSION ACCUSES VALVE OF PRICE FIXING, LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION
    No one is being taking to court for anything, there is only a investigation going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Another JTBrig G2A rant Thread. Couldn't you have kept it to one of your 100 others?

Like I say everytime you start a new thread. People that didn't use them still won't, people that do use them still will. A random guy on the internet sooking about them all the time won't make anyone care.
    Don't like my threads stay out of them....
    Don't like what I got to say then block me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I do believe developers aren't just limited to games.
    They are talking software developers as a whole.
    What? They only sell games from what I can tell. What software is for sale and where is their direct purchase page? And again, who are these developers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I have heard of Smite (the Smite devs throw their product around everywhere as far as I can tell) and Stronghold too, but yeah.... nothing else and it all looks pretty garbage.

I have heard of Smite (the Smite devs throw their product around everywhere as far as I can tell) and Stronghold too, but yeah.... nothing else and it all looks pretty garbage.
    Didn't see Smite on your list but ya I agree.

I play Smite/Champions so I know of both. Not really surprised f2p dev's put stuff everywhere.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    What? They only sell games from what I can tell. What software is for sale and where is their direct purchase page? And again, who are these developers?

Lol, no they have a software section, covers anti virus, those driver programs, windows keys, those ping smoother service things etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Read a bit. Just looks to me like a bunch of angry nerds not happy with the answers. I for one have never had any issues with G2A and will continue to use them.
    Just because you don't have issues doesn't mean they don't exist. The majority of the keys are illegally obtained for resell, just because you don't get banned doesn't mean the keys were legally obtained. The developers don't always ban stolen keys so they just eat it.

AAA studios will likely ban your keys, smaller companies much less likely. They're put into a rock and a hard place, if they start banning keys they'll get negative publicity for something out of their control. It is a bum deal, if you want to support the industry, don't G2A.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

You make claims its on you to provide sources champ. Also no one seems to be able to find these 75 dev's your talking about.

Also you seem to have trouble reading, in your own link.

No one is being taking to court for anything, there is only a investigation going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't like my threads stay out of them....
    Don't like what I got to say then block me.
    Well I guess you don't pay much attention to those pesky EU investigations, they always end up in court the EU have far too much medeling capacity, just ask M$ and Google

Well I guess you don't pay much attention to those pesky EU investigations, they always end up in court the EU have far too much medeling capacity, just as M$ and Google
    So you make claims with no proof and tell me I don't pay much attention.

1) Give us this list of 75 Devs working with G2A.
    2) Valve is only being investigated nothing more yet.

There you are all cough up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    AAA studios will likely ban your keys, smaller companies much less likely. They're put into a rock and a hard place, if they start banning keys they'll get negative publicity for something out of their control. It is a bum deal, if you want to support the industry, don't G2A.
    Ya Ubisoft took massive backlash over the stolen keys even tho they was 100% in the right to deactivate them.

Big company's like Ubisoft will just eat the loss because doing charge backs cost them more in the end.

Deleted
    So you make claims with no proof and tell me I don't pay much attention.

1) Give us this list of 75 Devs working with G2A.
    2) Valve is only being investigated nothing more yet.

There you are all cough up.

Oh but you'll make claims with nothing. I see.
    Name me an EU investigation that didn't end up in court. The EU has a hard on for taking American companies to court. (wrongly in my opinion)

As to the 75 devs that's from the Ama there are articles about 50 devs from December last year.
    So as you told me Google it, I'm not here to hand hold you, you want to slate a company your moral compass doesn't agree with fine there's no problem with that, but your arguments against are held to the same standards as everyone else, being the OP doesn't get you special dispensation.

I'm sure this won't be your last post.
    I've used G2A looking at my history 83 times, zero key bans, zero incorrect keys. As yet I can't complain about them.

Kinguin, now that's a different story.
    Last edited by mmocdd2c7cd102; 2017-02-04 at 01:28 AM.

Lol, no they have a software section, covers anti virus, those driver programs, windows keys, those ping smoother service things etc etc
    But they don't have a marketplace set up. Looking more into this "G2A direct" thing it looks like developers have to sign up for this thing to help identify stolen keys. Sort of like G2A is forcing devs to sign up just to try and stop bleeding money to them due to stolen product (which they would have to police themselves, rather than G2A doing what they should be doing themselves). So they don't support them, but rather want to try to protect their own product from this website

https://www.pcgamesn.com/g2a-direct

"the ability for developers to query keys listed on the marketplace which they suspect of having been obtained fraudulently"

Honestly, the fact that only this many developers signed up when they would get 10% of third party sales on G2A is kind of a strong indication of how much they do NOT want to support that platform. How many people do you know that would actively say no to free money?

--snip--
    Once again you made the original claims, you now must provide sources to such claims. That is how a adult conversation works.

Still waiting on that list of 75 dev's, Also once again a investigation is just that..

If you can't provide anything to back up your claims then stop replying already.

Wait, wait.... So, when G2A sells stolen keys, we condemn them... but then turn around and advocate piracy where nobody is making any cash except the torrent sites that get ad revenue...? I seem to be confused here.

Deleted
    But they don't have a marketplace set up. Looking more into this "G2A direct" thing it looks like developers have to sign up for this thing to help identify stolen keys. Sort of like G2A is forcing devs to sign up just to try and stop bleeding money to them due to stolen product (which they would have to police themselves, rather than G2A doing what they should be doing themselves). So they don't support them, but rather want to try to protect their own product from this website

https://www.pcgamesn.com/g2a-direct

"the ability for developers to query keys listed on the marketplace which they suspect of having been obtained fraudulently"

Honestly, the fact that only this many developers signed up when they would get 10% of third party sales on G2A is kind of a strong indication of how much they do NOT want to support that platform. How many people do you know that would actively say no to free money?
    Not all of them do no, in fact most don't but some do.
    They don't have to sign up to it to report stolen keys.
    The direct platform gives the developer a storefront to sell as they wish, and they get more oc the cost than they do with steam.
    They can then also add 10% to third party sales to further generate income.

As this thread proves, some people will turn down free money (savings) because they don't agree morally with issues brought up previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Never enough threads shitting on G2A. They're such hot garbage and suck people into buying their stolen keys that will be revoked because they don't know better. More threads, more threads!

Deleted
    Once again you made the original claims, you now must provide sources to such claims. That is how a adult conversation works.

Still waiting on that list of 75 dev's, Also once again a investigation is just that..

If you can't provide anything to back up your claims then stop replying already.
    I'm sorry you made the OP to push your agenda, where is your proof?

I'm free to post just as you are, as you told someone earlier if you don't like it block me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Wait, wait.... So, when G2A sells stolen keys, we condemn them... but then turn around and advocate piracy where nobody is making any cash except the torrent sites that get ad revenue...? I seem to be confused here.

Your not but when there's an agenda to push... You know.. Anythings a go

Not all of them do no, in fact most don't but some do.
    They don't have to sign up to it to report stolen keys.
    The direct platform gives the developer a storefront to sell as they wish, and they get more oc the cost than they do with steam.
    They can then also add 10% to third party sales to further generate income.

As this thread proves, some people will turn down free money (savings) because they don't agree morally with issues brought up previously.
    They don't have to sign up to report stolen keys, but they do have to sign up to figure out if a stolen key is listed on the market.
    They get more than they do with Steam because Steam distributes the game and has that cost too (on top of providing numerous other benefits). There is almost no cost currently with G2A.
    And yes, I already mentioned the 10%. This again just illustrates how much they don't support the platform.

Tell me, why would a business whose sole function is to generate money
    1) Not have a marketplace on this website even after signing up for Direct
    2) Not choose to sign up for this service given the free 10% of third party sales on this site

What is your explanation? A business doesn't follow a code of morals they follow a code of money.

PS: They claim to have 75 devs, but nobody seems to have any idea who these devs are. Given their history and a lack of evidence, this claim is dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    When someone pirates a game there is no loss of sell. Its a copy of a file that has already sold, you can't prove X person would have bought Y game if all they could do is buy it.

With stolen keys there is a loss because company's then have to do charge backs. Those charge backs are not cheap and cost them more then the game is valued, on top of that it hurts that company's credit as well.

I guess that's why developers set up market fronts on G2A then to damage the gaming industry.
    Only a very few very small developers have partnered with G2A. No known, respected developer has done so and none would even consider it.

To alot of people clearly or such a topic wouldn't exist with such differing opinions, I've been gaming what 20 or just over years, games today are very rarely worth their cost, all hype and graphics and 90% of the time very little game.
    Not really, it just proves that people like cheap games. Which isn't really remotely shocking in the slightest. If you don't feel games are worth their cost, then either wait until deep sales or don't buy them. This is literally worse than piracy for many games, as it leads to chargebacks which cause a negative impact on developers bottom line.

Steam games are almost always higher than MRSP because they cream so much out of the sale price. Not to mention that the much lauded Valve are about to be dragged through court for price fixing!
    You apparently do not know what a MSRP is, here's a definition - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_price

Steam games sell for the same, and occasionally less, than the physical MSRP for games/the console versions of them. I cannot think of a single game on Steam that was priced above its MSRP at launch.

As for the lawsuit, we'll see how that plays out. I'm by no means pretending Valve is perfect, but this lawsuit seems more aimed at the industry standard of pricing games based on the regions they're released in and preventing people outside that region from abusing that pricing. I haven't looked too much into it though so can't comment with much certainty at the moment.