Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalimar View Post
    I'm sorry you made the OP to push your agenda, where is your proof?
    Its in the fucken video and in the AMA....

Do try to fallow along a little.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I don't buy from g2a because I try to support smaller businesses as much as I can but I couldn't care less for publishers and developers peddling their shitty dlcs. But hey at least those moral cucks are always amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Wait, wait.... So, when G2A sells stolen keys, we condemn them... but then turn around and advocate piracy where nobody is making any cash except the torrent sites that get ad revenue...? I seem to be confused here.
    The issue is the predicament sites like G2A puts developers, particularly small ones. Developers have to pay credit card companies for the fraud committed, it is a nasty thing, they lose a lot of money from this.

Torrent sites don't increase the burden on the developer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, they buy them because they're cheap. The "appropriate price" for the publisher is the MSRP they set. The "appropriate price" for the consumer is whatever they believe it's worth, and if those two don't match up then the consumer needs to either decide to wait until the price drops, or if they want to purchase it at the higher price/not at all.
    Pretty much this.

I usually almost won't buy any games above ~$30, not because I don't think they're worth it... But it's above a threshold I have for 'buying games' unless it's something specific, or my friends want to play with me. Obviously I'll buy a CE of WoW, but most other games I won't buy above $30 in a void.

That said, if the price drops below 30, I'll buy it for that. If it's 30, Ill get it. if it's 20, I'll get it. if it's $1, I'll get it. Not because I think it's 'worth' that, but it's below my threshold. Anything below that range is fair game, regardless of worth, if I want to play it.

I've never had any illusions about G2A and it's sources, though this whole thing is pretty damning for them. I mostly do G2A or Kinguin these days for Windows, not games.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Reddit AMAs can be a double-edged sword. Don't go in the spotlight when your business model is already on shaky grounds, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalimar View Post
    It's hardly surprising steam can perform such sales when most of its sales come while the game is Overpriced.
    Most of the time g2a is cheaper even when steam had that game on sale.

One person's value of a game differs to the next, I mean how many time have over hyped triple A games burned people and been absolute crap.... I mean the list for that is huge!
    That's always been the case. Here's a "triple-A" game from 1982:

I don't know what you're smoking, really. Games are dirt cheap now compared to when I was a kid. Some of them are FREE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I usually almost won't buy any games above ~$30, not because I don't think they're worth it... But it's above a threshold I have for 'buying games' unless it's something specific, or my friends want to play with me. Obviously I'll buy a CE of WoW, but most other games I won't buy above $30 in a void.
    Yeah personally my logic is:

1) Is it a Blizzard game? Buy at release, probably CE. Reason: let's face it I'm a fanboy, besides I need to complete the lineup in my bookcase.

2) Is it on my very small list of games I'll buy at release date? Then buy at full price. This list essentially consists of Telltale's Walking Dead, X-COM sequels and Portal 3 (if that ever happens) at this point.

3) Is it more than $25? Wait for Steam sale.

4) Is it more than $10? Is it something I really, really want to play? If yes then buy, if no then wait for Steam sale.

5) Is it under $10 and I've at least heard of it? Buy.

The reason is, realistically I have a massive pile of games I never get around to playing so it's silly to buy anything at release unless I'm going to drop everything else I'm doing and play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I refuse to buy any game that is not 100% online based.

Ever since about 2009 were "gaming" became a "thing" there have been thousands shit games releasing that cost too much..50 euro and 60 euro for a 20-30h game..Yes no.

Maybe for the average 40 year old with 2-3 kids and 1 free hour every month that game is amazing but for me its a scam.

For that very reason i havent bought anything in years apart from WoW and D3 and a few indie games like Banished.

For everyone i know and wow game cards and everything have been using similar sites like G2A for years now.

I simply hate this new scene of "early access!" "beta!" 200 patches in a week, everything broken! Barely working graphics engine!

So yes, sites like G2A will always flourish when the companies themselves are mostly 100% scam artists.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Never enough threads shitting on G2A. They're such hot garbage and suck people into buying their stolen keys that will be revoked because they don't know better. More threads, more threads!
    I've bought tons of games over the last few years from them. Only 1 ever got revoked and that pretty much happened to multiple sites both legitimate and illegitimate with Elder SCrolls ONline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I've bought tons of games over the last few years from them. Only 1 ever got revoked and that pretty much happened to multiple sites both legitimate and illegitimate with Elder SCrolls ONline.
    Likewise. Have bought and sold many games (and operating systems) with zero issues. And will continue to do so until I do start having problems with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Likewise. Have bought and sold many games (and operating systems) with zero issues. And will continue to do so until I do start having problems with them.
    That isn't the concern being discussed, really. The problem isn't about stuff getting revoked.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

have been buying games for friends on there for years never had any problem , will not stop buying games on g2a for friends there .

And well when you cant gift some games from the blizzard shop like overwatch thats how i get keys for friends .

i think the g2a hate is just exagerated like all the poeple hating on trump , you are bored and need a reason to cry

edit : yes i saw the stolen credit cards ? and? i am paying for my key it works... do i look like i care about the rest? nope i dont , if blizzard implents no way to gift games like overwatch per battle.net i will continue to buy games on g2a for friends

ONLY TALKING ABOUT BLIZZARD GAMES LIKE D3 or OVERWATCH , and i dont think me buying blizzard games for friends there is harming blizzard in any way
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2017-02-04 at 06:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i think the g2a hate is just exagerated like all the poeple hating on trump , you are bored and need a reason to cry
    I'm under the impression you didn't actually read the article or video

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    Clearly u didn't read the article or watch the video...

Seems you just needed a reason to cry.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Maybe you could give one or two posts a read before shitposting : )
    Sure, link them to me Because I guess any two random posts won't do.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-02-04 at 06:23 PM. Reason: removed response to troll account

10+ Year Old Account
    Its same shit as selling gold services and accounts for mmos.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its same shit as selling gold services and accounts for mmos.
    Its not even close to being the same....

10+ Year Old Account
    AMA by a company with a godawful rep? They're always entertaining to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its not even close to being the same....
    Ehh kinda. Both are using stolen assets to make themselves money.

Most gold sellers use accounts stolen from other players who fall for those stupid power leveling adverts.
    Kinda similar to selling games that were obtained with stolen cards.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You realize the first part of this post is not related to the topic at hand at all. Also do you realize the 2nd doesn't matter ether right?

Don't deflect.

People buy keys because they are cheap not because they are appropriately priced.
    Big red mistake, here in south america Resident evil 7 is priced at over 80 USD, yes, that's the base game, not including the season pass and all the bullcrap, sadly game prices arent monetarily equal, thus prompting me to bite the bullet and buying from a reseller, is it scummy? yes, but sadly it ends up in the hands of the publisher on the pricetag, nothing I can change about it.
    Heck even the nintendo switch is curently at almost 600 bucks, WITH NO GAMES, yeah no, gaming is fucking expensive in south america, and that tends to explain why piracy here is more common than regular, same with sites like g2a or greenmangaming.

Havent bought from G2A yet tho, something about it just... reeks cheapo
    Last edited by barackopala; 2017-02-04 at 02:24 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I only pay full price if I know I get a good game (Blizzard, CD Project, the company that made Divinity Original Sin, and more) but full price for shit companies like EA or Ubisoft? No I leared my lesson.