Thread: Horde Storyline

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde Horde Storyline

All I really want to know is what is happening with our Horde?

What is Sylvanas's plan? What are our leaders doing? I don't care about anything else. You gonna give a little, Blizzard?

Deleted
    The Horde died with Garrosh.

But seriously its pretty sad that it kinda did.
    New Orc leader got appointed at a blizzcon with Saurfang (nothing to support this ingame)
    Vol'jin became Warchief, his only act was the let us build a shipyard in another dimension/timeline.
    We never seen what happend after SoO between the Orc clans when some took part on Garrosh side and others on Vol'jin side.
    We have nothing in the Troll faction atm after Vol'jin died.
    Sylvanas became warchief because a dying troll saw a vision when he was bleeding out, everybody is oke with it and nobody cares: if he said Anduin then we would now be Alliance and nobody would care.

I can keep going but the state of the Horde faction atm is pretty poor, but it has been the last 2-3 years.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like how the factions are dumped in the back seat this expansion. The Warcraft story has always been about the Alliance and the Horde but now its all about class orders.

The worst bit is that the small faction involvement in Stormheim ended so abruptly. Genn and Sylvanas trying to tear the shit out of each other and then absolutely nothing since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    The Horde died with Garrosh.

But seriously its pretty sad that it kinda did.
    New Orc leader got appointed at a blizzcon with Saurfang (nothing to support this ingame)
    Vol'jin became Warchief, his only act was the let us build a shipyard in another dimension/timeline.
    We never seen what happend after SoO between the Orc clans when some took part on Garrosh side and others on Vol'jin side.
    We have nothing in the Troll faction atm after Vol'jin died.
    Sylvanas became warchief because a dying troll saw a vision when he was bleeding out, everybody is oke with it and nobody cares: if he said Anduin then we would now be Alliance and nobody would care.

I can keep going but the state of the Horde faction atm is pretty poor, but it has been the last 2-3 years.
    This would have been avoided if Blizzard stuck with Cataclysm Garrosh instead of starting the whole SoO thing in order to engineer the WoD storyline which was utter shite.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I really don't like how the factions are dumped in the back seat this expansion. The Warcraft story has always been about the Alliance and the Horde but now its all about class orders.

The worst bit is that the small faction involvement in Stormheim ended so abruptly. Genn and Sylvanas trying to tear the shit out of each other and then absolutely nothing since.
    That whole thing made zero sense. They could have KILLED each other. Sylvanas shot him... once.... Why? Why let him walk away wounded. Bunch of weak sh*t IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Optimistic on my part, perhaps; but I think the Horde vs. Alliance storyline is going to make a resurgence near or at the close of Legion. Right now with the Legion threat looming across Azeroth the primary factions are essentially in a state of détente - but once the threat is dealt with or contained I feel that these banked fires of conflict are going to swell into a bonfire at the slightest provocation. I feel that is what is actually going to push WoW into its next expansion more than anything else.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlike View Post
    That whole thing made zero sense. They could have KILLED each other. Sylvanas shot him... once.... Why? Why let him walk away wounded. Bunch of weak sh*t IMO.
    Yeah Sylvanas is the kind of person who would have just kept hitting him with arrows. That would make for a more coherent story and bring back a bit of faction fighting (the cornerstone of the WoW franchise). Ultimately, Genn is a more disposable character than Sylvanas anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hate to be that guy, but... at least we know how the Alliance felt for quite a while, now...?

That's why you need characters like Garithos and Garrosh. They're characters you're supposed to not like but their purpose is to create interesting dynamics between factions. When Garrosh was warchief it really felt like Horde was this big war machine not taking crap from anyone. Then happened what happened and it's history now. Imo Alliance always suffered from unrealistic, too much goodie two shoes characters. If they left Garithos alive he would give Alliance this nationalist, extreme side and they would've feel a little more realistic. Maybe Jaina can fill that void now but she's MIA so who knows. Also Rogers but she's not in leadership position so can't do much.

In Legion factions are taking a back seat yeah, but not sure how they'll make Alliance vs Horde thing interesting in future once this Genn vs Sylvanas thing is concluded. I hope Blizz creates some new characters on both sides that aren't always pacifist, wisdom incarnate etc etc.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-02-04 at 12:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Hate to be that guy, but... at least we know how the Alliance felt for quite a while, now...?
    what?

alliance almost all the time, had a solid leadership, and when they change is always something well Write, like Varyan coming back replacing bolvar, the dwarfs replacing Muradin, Anduin becaoming king

our leaders die, the successors are forgotten, and the warchiefs die all the time, one warchief become a nazi orc, and the new is a dead elf who dont like the horde at all who is there because muh spirits

oh good, how is hard be alliance BabyRage

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    That's why you need characters like Garithos and Garrosh. They're characters you're supposed to not like but their purpose is to create interesting dynamics between factions. When Garrosh was warchief it really felt like Horde was this big war machine not taking crap from anyone. Then happened what happened and it's history now. Imo Alliance always suffered from unrealistic, too much goodie two shoes characters. If they left Garithos alive he would give Alliance this nationalist, extreme side and they would've feel a little more realistic. Maybe Jaina can fill that void now but she's MIA so who knows. Also Rogers but she's not in leadership position so can't do much.

In Legion factions are taking a back seat yeah, but not sure how they'll make Alliance vs Horde thing interesting in future once this Genn vs Sylvanas thing is concluded. I hope Blizz creates some new characters on both sides that aren't always pacifist, wisdom incarnate etc etc.
    I kind of agree with you here. I also liked Garrosh in the storyline, but not a simply of greatness, but more a simply of how things can go wrong if you let things go to far. It would have been cool if instead of Garrosh just being totally evil, that the faction had disposed of him in a natural manner. He had gone too far in some areas and the other leaders made a diplomatic assassination. It would make alot more room to actually appoint a leader to take over, instead of the chaos and clusterfucking that happend after SoO. Vol'jin was not a warchief and should never have been appointed.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Garithos as high king of the alliance (cause for foking reasons who knows) and Garrosh as Warchief, it would be fucking boss, just imagine how good could be, just war, and rage among the factions, who want to erase another from azeroth, just like the old days,

and nothing about this shit peace nonsense we have now, with people pop up ideas of how factions should end and everyone could go to the faction they want
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-02-04 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    This would have been avoided if Blizzard stuck with Cataclysm Garrosh instead of starting the whole SoO thing in order to engineer the WoD storyline which was utter shite.
    Garrosh was always going to be evil.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The war between the Horde and Allies has taken a backseat except for Greymane vendetta against sylvanas which iam sure Anduin forbid.

Though Greymane stopped Sylvanas all he did was just delay her plans for imortality for her and her people. The rest of the alliance and horde dont give two shit about eithers priotys because they are too busy dealing with the demon invasion and the end of the world.

I am worry about the trolls and orcs leaders which saurfang is missing after the warrior initial questline in the halls of valor and anduin/sylvanas are nowhere to find and in the 7.2 the only leader which is taking some love is Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I kind of agree with you here. I also liked Garrosh in the storyline, but not a simply of greatness, but more a simply of how things can go wrong if you let things go to far. It would have been cool if instead of Garrosh just being totally evil, that the faction had disposed of him in a natural manner. He had gone too far in some areas and the other leaders made a diplomatic assassination. It would make alot more room to actually appoint a leader to take over, instead of the chaos and clusterfucking that happend after SoO. Vol'jin was not a warchief and should never have been appointed.
    Yeah I like that idea. I would even like more if he was removed from Warchief position pacefully but stayed alive and remained somewhat important figure in the Horde. Because he's son of orc's national hero, and a lot of orcs look up to him. Like leaders kept him alive to not rapture Horde too much.

He would represent extreme side of Horde that always has to be kept in check by wiser leaders and is necessary evil. Than you could have storylines about internal Horde politics how Garrosh's support is rising, he's starting wars with Alliance etc etc.
    That's what Grom was doing in War3. He wasn't straight up evil but he was warmongering and had large enough following - his own clan Warsong. So Thrall as the wiser of the two had to kept Grom in check by giving him mission's like harvesting lumber, which Grom also managed to turn into war with Nightelves . Garrosh could've fill that role perfectly.

You give Alliance one character like that and faction conflict storylines would bloom.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-02-04 at 08:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Garrosh was always going to be evil.
    I know they plan expansions in advance but I doubt they plan them 10 years in advance. I can't imagine the big guys in the. Oardroom writing TBC 'oh, lets give Grom a son in Nagrand then in 4 expansions time we can make him and old god lover and come back to time travel draenor to have thrall kill him'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I am worry about the trolls and orcs leaders which saurfang is missing after the warrior initial questline in the halls of valor and anduin/sylvanas are nowhere to find and in the 7.2 the only leader which is taking some love is Velen
    new "troll leader" thus far is Rokhan, cause he is the one who is show in the prestige quest among the horde leaders, but blizz don't give a shit about the darkspears anyway, They did not even have the decency to point out a leader to them, after this clowning bullshit with vol'jin

also, Saurfang is fine, he just fell

Deleted
    I have no idea where they're going with Sylvanas now. After the Stormheim storyline (which only involves her at the evry start and the very end) there's simply nothing. A hint is dropped that she'll pursue Eyir into HoV but then we got the raid and in 7.2 we're getting the Sigryn storyline and she isn't there.