Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Of course we don't like going to work in these conditions, but it is what it is in the US and it's not going to change anytime soon it seems.

Another great example of our work experience. I started a new job, naturally being a new hire I'm on a probationary peroid. Now during this period, they don't outright say they will fire you if you miss a single for almost any reason, but they heavily imply it. I woke up one morning and couldn't move my wrist at all, making that hand pretty much useless. I called into work and asked them if I could take the day off and go to the doctor to get it checked out, they told me to come in and work one handed. Six hours into the day the head manager of the store noticed me and asked what was wrong and told me to leave immediately and go to the doctor.

I ended up needing an MRI on my wrist and the doctor suggested not to work for 3-5 days. I was fired for missing the last two hours of my shift that the head manager told me to leave during.
    So? what did Trump mean by making America great again? This sounds like hell to me it sounds like people in the US have zero worker rights.

from wf race to politics. lul so.........things have really come to a crawl. If this lasts till next reset i will give a hearty chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    So? what did Trump mean by making America great again? This sounds like hell to me it sounds like people in the US have zero worker rights.
    In America we call that freedom.

And by that I mean ya corporations can do what they want because Benghazi.

the guy has been in power less than a month but a systemic issue is all his fault.

i hope you don't vote with that logic.

afaik in the US you get 10 days vacation, but most jobs will give added allowance for sick days. in the UK (at the very least, unsure about the rest of western europe) you are simply given X number of days vacation and that includes sick leave, typically it's 28 days (which includes the 8 bank holidays the UK has) so in reality you have 20 days vacation. i, myself, have 30 days excluding bank holidays.

Perhaps cause i work in tech industry, but the working conditions are not bad as it sounds in the US. I am able to take 1-2 days off if I really needed with short notice. most companies i know will let you take a week off if you had an emergency. shit happend and they understand. 2-3 weeks vacation do need to be planned ahead of time.

Now that's not to say it's easy work, companies expect high standard of work from their employees and works hours are demanding. also those that work in the service/retail sector probably do not have it as flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the guy has been in power less than a month but a systemic issue is all his fault.

afaik in the US you get 10 days vacation, but most jobs will give added allowance for sick days. in the UK (at the very least, unsure about the rest of western europe) you are simply given X number of days vacation and that includes sick leave, typically it's 28 days (which includes the 8 bank holidays the UK has) so in reality you have 20 days vacation. i, myself, have 30 days excluding bank holidays.
    The amount of actual days off varies abit, but I've got 30 days for vacation with full pay, then I've got pay during sickleave regardless of how many days we're talking about, it's ofcourse frowned upon to call in sick every friday and will get you fired in the end, I've got pay on the first day of one of my kids beeing sick (usually have to get someone else to take care of them or take days off after that to look out for them), if your kid is hospitalised you'll get pay for all the days, then there's the bank holidays aswell.

Then there's maternity leave, the rules change quite often, but last time my gf was on maternity leave, she left work a month before she had to give birth, and then had 7 months with full pay from her work and could choose to take some more months with a lower payout which she didnt. Instead I took 2 months off with full pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic111 View Post
    It's 5 guilds or 2 weeks or whenever Russians kill it, whichever comes first.
    I am not entirely sure anymore, but has Exorsus ever waited for that "rule" before they released a kill video? I feel like I remember them causing controversies among the raiding community in the past by not doing so.
    Either way, at the end of the day, this unwritten rule is nothing more than that. So if they want to release it earlier, it's their choice.

I have no clue what Trump nor Hilary's campaign was about, nor did I vote for anyone. The problems with the country lie way deeper than whatever figure head president happens to be in power at the time. Nor will one single president change what's systematically wrong in the US when it comes to the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

In Sweden.. It varies from work to work, but it's at least 4 weeks. Being sick has nothing to do with your vacation. When you're sick you have 1-2 days where you don't get paid, if you're sick longer than 2 days you get 80% of your salary from the time you missed, paid by your employer. And it's like this by law, so they can't do anything about it. They can't fire you for being sick either (obviously if you're sick 50% of the time you'll get fired) because we've got powerful unions that will stop them from doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else dream with Paragon coming back to raiding and oneshoting Mythic Gul'dan? Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by arkiizne View Post
    They lost a day & a half to RL and method bot i mean... That random guy.. And T24 Confirmed? What's the raid? So much to find out.. Dont keep us in suspense!
    Onyxia's Cavern.

Fight Onyxia ridden by Kael'thas who harvested the Demonic Energies of Archimonde, Illidan and Alternate Alternate Draenor Gul'dan, follow him to Zul'Gurubo, Zul'Amani, Karazhanaroo, Blackwing Ascent, Nuxxrimis and finally back to a secret chamber in Onyxia's Cavern to stop him making the greatest comeback of all time, of all time.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-02-04 at 06:45 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Not to mention...
    12 US guilds above 7/10
    33 EU guilds above 7/10

19 US guilds above 6/10
    49 EU guilds above 6/10

32 US guilds above 5/10
    68 EU guilds above 5/10

The difference between the US scene and the EU scene is just astonishing.
    Why is the US so behind? Cultural differences (less gaming acceptance)? Social welfare differences (less living off the state, less leisure time)? Overall intelligence and education difference (US does poorly at PISA, votes Trump, etc.)?
    This is curious.
    hey don't leave out Oceanic, we rock:

3 Guilds on 7/10
    0 Guilds on 6/10
    0 Guilds on 5/10
    4 Guilds on 4/10
    8 Guilds on 3/10
    0 Guilds on 2/10
    0 Guilds on 1/10

kicking ass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Onyxia's Cavern.

Fight Onyxia ridden by Kael'thas who harvested the Demonic Energies of Illidan and Alternate Alternate Draenor Gul'dan, follow him to Zul'Gurub, Zul'Aman, Karazhan and finally back to a secret chamber in Onyxia's Lair to stop him making the greatest comeback of all time, of all time.
    penultimate boss being Hogger

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    penultimate boss being Hogger
    Damn, knew I'd forget some comebacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Not to mention...
    12 US guilds above 7/10
    33 EU guilds above 7/10

19 US guilds above 6/10
    49 EU guilds above 6/10

32 US guilds above 5/10
    68 EU guilds above 5/10

The difference between the US scene and the EU scene is just astonishing.
    Why is the US so behind? Cultural differences (less gaming acceptance)? Social welfare differences (less living off the state, less leisure time)? Overall intelligence and education difference (US does poorly at PISA, votes Trump, etc.)?
    This is curious.
    The population of Europe is more than twice that of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    Anyone else dream with Paragon coming back to raiding and oneshoting Mythic Gul'dan? Kappa
    Devai was talking about Paragon on stream the other day, it was pretty interesting. I was always under the assumption that Paragon would have only needed to pick up a few international players. Apparently only 7 Paragon members said they could handle it and Seita said that if they went international he didn't want to lead anymore so they quit. I can only imagine what his leadership skills were like that the team would rather quit than not have his leading.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Seems like US just gets fucked hard.

In Germany you get either a fix amount (average is 27 says google, I have 28) or based on your work amount (1month aka 160 hours give around 2 days) + 9-12 normal holidays depending on your federal state.
    If you are sick, some flu for example, you need 2 visit your doctor to get some days off w/o removing any of your available holidays (and your health-care insurance pays for it).

Also according to the economics website FRED the average German works 1400 hours/year and the average American works 1700 hours.
    somebody has to sponsor that superficial american dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Seems like US just gets fucked hard.

In Germany you get either a fix amount (average is 27 says google, I have 28) or based on your work amount (1month aka 160 hours give around 2 days) + 9-12 normal holidays depending on your federal state.
    If you are sick, some flu for example, you need 2 visit your doctor to get some days off w/o removing any of your available holidays (and your health-care insurance pays for it).

Also according to the economics website FRED the average German works 1400 hours/year and the average American works 1700 hours.
    A non-part-time worker is also doing 1696 hours per year on avg in germany (already cleaned by avg sickness days and vacation). Part-time worker are a small part in germany, in most cases mothership part time or pensioneer part time.

hey don't leave out Oceanic, we rock:

3 Guilds on 7/10
    0 Guilds on 6/10
    0 Guilds on 5/10
    4 Guilds on 4/10
    8 Guilds on 3/10
    0 Guilds on 2/10
    0 Guilds on 1/10

kicking ass
    That's.. so inaccurate. There's 5 4/10 guilds, and a shit ton on 3/10, 2/10 and 1/10

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That's.. so inaccurate. There's 5 4/10 guilds, and a shit ton on 3/10, 2/10 and 1/10
    Ah yeah I messed up. I stopped looking when it changed to heroic at rank 426. The wowprogress ranking system is a bit odd

Ah yeah I messed up. I stopped looking when it changed to heroic at rank 426. The wowprogress ranking system is a bit odd
    You can specifically look at oceanic rankings, rather than scrolling through all to look OC, makes it a little easier.