Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What I find far more annoying than numbers is that they took away the tools to properly mitigate the increased danger of being in melee for aoe as arcane when they took away cauterize and halfed the size of the barrier. Mana shield might as well not exist as slipstream cannot be switched out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    yeah, i feel blizz could easily buff mage's single target dps by 10% and it would put them in line with every1 else, ofc the other option would be to give every1 the fire bracers but sadly i doubt either will happen.
    giving everyone BIS does not solve that problem, wtf... another 5-10% would put as on par, that's it. it's 80k difference from top parse krosus 850k to first mage ( frost - 750k) dps ... fire is another 70k behind. so that's 680k vs. 850k. so that 10% might solve some issues here but... make the math on your own ... 650+65 this is still 125k behind... so really WTF are they calculating???

With current tier set and changes firemage does not anymore feel fluent and reactive as it was before. not sure how it feels like a frost or arcane, I try arcane sometimes but it does not anymore feel like it was in all expansions before, I liked the manage management to keep around 80% current expansion it's just not the same class for me.

I feel like they just ignore nearly all of our concerns!

guess they relax on their "hey we gave you 3%" ... really sad about all what happened. we have been nearly fine pre 7.1.5 and now we are crap or even worse. even with BIS legendaries. that's ridiculous.

but hey, they ignore it. pre 7.1.5 there was a big thread about about fire perception vs. reality. what happend? they just IGNORED hundreds of of posts. wtf should we do more? spam them on twitter? really anoying.

/p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    yeah, i feel blizz could easily buff mage's single target dps by 10% and it would put them in line with every1 else, ofc the other option would be to give every1 the fire bracers but sadly i doubt either will happen.
    as someone with bracers, don't get your hopes up without icy floes & the reduced proc rate bracers aren't really that good anymore.

Only way for me to do decent single target dps is to be lucky with pyromaniac and procs from pyro bracers
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by celeris View Post
    as someone with bracers, don't get your hopes up without icy floes & the reduced proc rate bracers aren't really that good anymore.
    You know how I know you really don't have them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    but i have and it is not a problem of floes.. its just overexpectation what this will change on DPS... we are even with them CRAP.
    Last edited by mmoc3f73018074; 2017-02-03 at 10:02 PM.

The bracers aren't even a lot better than Koralons or the Shard, but you really need 2 out of the 3, to do good DPS on single target.

Is it just me or is Frost insanely strong now? I feel like no one knows or cares because there are sooo little frost mages but my guildie's dps just went through the roof after the recent hotfix to their spell travel times.

Mostly ST fights with a couple adds here and there, he's right at the top, but no one on the forums is even talking about Frost and how it's strong now.

They are good, but they aren't THAT good, they are just better than nothing/shitty legendaries. They don't make a bad class good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Is it just me or is Frost insanely strong now? I feel like no one knows or cares because there are sooo little frost mages but my guildie's dps just went through the roof after the recent hotfix to their spell travel times.

Mostly ST fights with a couple adds here and there, he's right at the top, but no one on the forums is even talking about Frost and how it's strong now.
    I main frost, and I've definitely noticed. However I also have 2/3 of the best DPS legendaries for thermal void and can keep it up pretty long in normal/heroic fights, so how well this will compare to later mythic bosses, I don't know, as I've only done Skorpyron.

Yeah the hotfixes were pretty big for frost.

Quote Originally Posted by DanikSky View Post
    I main frost, and I've definitely noticed. However I also have 2/3 of the best DPS legendaries for thermal void and can keep it up pretty long in normal/heroic fights, so how well this will compare to later mythic bosses, I don't know, as I've only done Skorpyron.
    My guildie is doing pretty amazing at Elisande, Krosus, Starboy, pretty much most of the fights. It's definitely doing amazing now but i've hedged my bets on Arcane getting some love and pumped tons of AP into it, too bad.

Just gotta stay fire i guess.

Deleted
    I do I even have belt.

Koralon is sooooo sweet with volcanic, bracers really aren't unless you want to blow up a lot
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Yeah. I'm playing warlock destro at NH mythic, and this is the first time i win in everyfight my fellows mages. How is Arcanes doing right now ? I've heard that frost is really good for now...

Anyway, it's sad to see two pure DPS class being garbage... (Warlocks and Mages)

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    What I find far more annoying than numbers is that they took away the tools to properly mitigate the increased danger of being in melee for aoe as arcane when they took away cauterize and halfed the size of the barrier. Mana shield might as well not exist as slipstream cannot be switched out.
    No cauterize definitely hurts a lot for progression. Lock's Soul Leech otoh negates incoming damage completely on a lot of mechanics

Overall, still missing Ice Floes and Cauterize, wish they'd add them back. Maybe there's hope since they've added other abilities back before (traps to bm and mm, shroud to rogues)

Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    Yeah. I'm playing warlock destro at NH mythic, and this is the first time i win in everyfight my fellows mages. How is Arcanes doing right now ? I've heard that frost is really good for now...

Anyway, it's sad to see two pure DPS class being garbage... (Warlocks and Mages)
    Pure ranged classes are "bad" because melee is just too good. Easy explanation. If you see on every percentile up to 99 all pure ranged classes are below most melee and at 99% when rngeesus kicks in some ranged classes are climbing up on the dmg statistics by quite alot. Seems to me that melee dps is more stable, AND perhaps not affected that much from wich legendary they use.

So maybe the devs should check the legendaries effect on dps once more. Imo it would be okay to nerf legendaries a bit more and buff the base damage for those. I'm a MM hunter myself and before the base dmg buffs we got we were too low with shitty legendaries and now its easier to compete. From 75% to 99% MM goes from 13th to 4th on the list, and I can easily see thats not only skill. Rngeesus is just too important.

assa rogue buffed, lol guys, GC might have been bad at some class design choices but class balance was waaayyy better during his era, assa rogue is already godmode for ST
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    assa rogue buffed, lol guys, GC might have been bad at some class design choices but class balance was waaayyy better during his era, assa rogue is already godmode for ST
    Not trying to defend the assassination rogue stuff but they did fix a bug to their artifact weapon ability that was causing their dmg to be skewed. When they fixed the bug though it wasn't good for their overall dmg. So the 4% was to compensate for the bug fix that happened.

It would be nice if these things were included. I looked around because I thought there's no way that Rogue was getting buffed.