Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No deck should ever function like this. It means your win or loss is determined by draw which is not something you control.
    Why not? Some of the most iconic physical card games have had aggro or burn decks that more or less work this way & those games are still quite popular. I don't see why Hearthstone should function differently than the working genre of gaming.

People are trying their hardest to take out every aspect of rng from the game because they don't like it. Fact is what you draw in a game is always going to determine how well you play a game out, to one degree or another, because card games are supposed to be centered on random drawing to a large margin. Players should be grateful that you even get to mulligan cards at the start considering many more games pretty much stick you with what you first draw. Aggro decks are simply trying to make what you draw as being more consistently useful, bypassing the concept of a bad draw made up of high cost cards.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2017-01-31 at 02:43 AM.

There's fun RNG and not fun RNG. Decks designed to win against any deck that doesn't draw a direct answer by turn 4 and otherwise lose is not fun RNG.

I have no problem with face decks existing, they just shouldn't be top tier viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    When isn't aggro out of control in this game?

OT: If Rogue is in a decent spot, then it's a good meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Exactly, they've never fixed it.

And until they address the root causes, we'll get new versions of face ____ every expansion or so.
    I mostly do not mind this type lf decks. They run out of steam fast and keep hunter away, so good for me. I only have a problem with aggro shaman, who gets to keep all of the benefits of aggro with none of the downsides. Except in wild, pirate warrior could die in a fire for all I care.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-01-31 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    I mostly do not mind this type lf decks. They run out of steam fast and keep hunter away, so good for me. I only have a problem with aggro shaman, who gets to keep all of the benefits of aggro with none of the downsides. Except in wild, pirate warrior could die in a fire for all I care.
    You mean aggro shaman or the recent "midrange" aggro shaman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This meta is absolute garbage. I hate it. Usually you can try to build an in-between deck (*cough* Midrange) to deal with both aggro and control situations. Then you adjust your playstyle in-game to do what it takes to win.

"Aggro? I'll try to stabilize and taunt. If I survive by turn 6 and/or they lose their board, I win."
    "Control? I'll try to win eventually, but also play around for their known threats."
    "Jade? I gotta win ASAP or I'll get overwhelmed."
    Etc.

But that shit doesn't work.
    Pirate Warrior is too quick. Before you know it they have 1 mana pirates, weapons, Frothings, and Korkrons. GL with that shit.
    Aggro Shaman lives even in midrange. 4 mana 7/7 and Lava Burst are OP. There's really no coming back unless you're an armor/heal class.
    Even Rogue has too many threats. Sap taunts or big minions, eviserate, Edwin, Leeroy, Questing, they'll draw their whole deck before you draw half of yours. Literally. (I wouldn't call them an OP deck but you have to play aggro to win.)

Reno Mage has board clears for days, Reno + Iceblock makes them invincible.
    Reno Lock has all kinds of clear. If you live long enough you get to get run over by Jaraxus.
    Reno Priest...well they kinda suck actually but if they get a god curve...then you might lose.

Jade Shaman. Those fucking scumbags are all over the place. I actually won a lot of those games but they're also "midrange" sooo lol.
    Jade Druid cards just wipe you out eventually.

Control Warrior, I faced one mother fucker, mulliganed for pirates since I was scared of dying, and he didn't even run ONE Brawl. I died to Golden Monkey outtempoing me.
    Anyfin Paladin. I didn't see much of them, I guess they suck against aggro, but against Midrange they're strong. Eventually Anyfin WILL kill you. Combine Tirion, Equality clears, and now they dumb quick Murloc card summoning from the deck, they're quicker than before.

The conclusion of this post? Run aggro and you're good. Run Reno and you can have some lols, maybe live and win too. Otherwise you can fuck off.

I'm not one to complain about aggro, but Blizzard REALLY forces you to play it right now. I mean, that's just what it takes to win. Bad Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    This meta is absolute garbage. I hate it. Usually you can try to build an in-between deck (*cough* Midrange) to deal with both aggro and control situations. Then you adjust your playstyle in-game to do what it takes to win.
    There actually is a Midrange deck, its just that its for shaman only and it has the pirate package also, so it often feels like the aggro version.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    There actually is a Midrange deck, its just that its for shaman only and it has the pirate package also, so it often feels like the aggro version.
    Nah there are 3 version of shaman atm pirat aggro, jade midrange and the real midrange that runs hex.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Nah there are 3 version of shaman atm pirat aggro, jade midrange and the real midrange that runs hex.
    And Evolve/Devolve Shaman. And Control.

Not even being cute. I'm dead serious.

I quit hearthstone, thats what I think of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Yeah pretty much.

The game has gotten consistently worse over time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah pretty much.

The game has gotten consistently worse over time.
    In what way?

And Evolve/Devolve Shaman. And Control.

Not even being cute. I'm dead serious.
    Devolve is just the midrange deck with 2 cards switched and Evolve is very rare also Control is not rly played anymore, you would run into a totem shaman more often as the Control version.

Devolve is just the midrange deck with 2 cards switched and Evolve is very rare also Control is not rly played anymore, you would run into a totem shaman more often as the Control version.
    Well what do you call it when you're about to win and Elemental Destruction and Halazeal destroy your board and bring the enemy back to full health?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    You don't have to quit entirely, arena is still some somewhat fun and there has never been a better time to play it in years. The games are so squishy now because everyone is moving there.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    You don't have to quit entirely, arena is still some somewhat fun and there has never been a better time to play it in years. The games are so squishy now because everyone is moving there.
    Sorry, I already moved on. The new card packs are just not exciting and I dont feel like being forced to play X games every day until the next card pack arrives to be able to afford at least 50 packs to be in relatively viable waters, if I am lucky.

Well what do you call it when you're about to win and Elemental Destruction and Halazeal destroy your board and bring the enemy back to full health?
    Halazeal is ultra rare and a late game combo, i never saw that combo live only the version with Storm.

Deleted
    Halazeal is ultra rare and a late game combo, i never saw that combo live only the version with Storm.
    It was actually a fairly popular combo after the SeatStory Cup tournament, because it handled itself pretty well. It died after MSOG because its awful against aggro shaman/pirate warrior/miracle rogue/reno decks/priest decks/jade druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    It was actually a fairly popular combo after the SeatStory Cup tournament, because it handled itself pretty well. It died after MSOG because its awful against aggro shaman/pirate warrior/miracle rogue/reno decks/priest decks/jade druid.
    Nah, shaman is not lategame. On release of Halazeal it gave you a comeback if your midrange failed but ppl switched that card for a more aggresiv early game.
    I played that deck on release, Halazeal was the first Leg. i crafted and it failed hard.

Dont play assuming your opponent has no heal. If you dont play an aggro deck hp is mostly irrelevant, if you do - you're in a pretty bad spot against a midrange shaman anyway.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B