Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Ehh kinda. Both are using stolen assets to make themselves money.

Most gold sellers use accounts stolen from other players who fall for those stupid power leveling adverts.
    Kinda similar to selling games that were obtained with stolen cards.
    Gold Sellers are using accounts taken by players who (Mostly) don't know anything about account security. The only one its costing is the player if they are stupid enough to leave there CC on the account and not remove it and recover the account.

This is selling stolen games that is bought with stolen CC's and costs game company's money,time and credit to stop. There is a massive difference between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Big red mistake, here in south america Resident evil 7 is priced at over 80 USD, yes, that's the base game, not including the season pass and all the bullcrap, sadly game prices arent monetarily equal, thus prompting me to bite the bullet and buying from a reseller, is it scummy? yes, but sadly it ends up in the hands of the publisher on the pricetag, nothing I can change about it.
    Heck even the nintendo switch is curently at almost 600 bucks, WITH NO GAMES, yeah no, gaming is fucking expensive in south america, and that tends to explain why piracy here is more common than regular, same with sites like g2a or greenmangaming.

Havent bought from G2A yet tho, something about it just... reeks cheapo
    You can't blame company's because the currency value in your country is shit (No Offence). No one is entitled to these games and saying stuff like (X cost too much so ill just buy it from Y even tho its stolen) just makes a person (Not u) sound entitled.

Save up, Buy it via a legit means or don't own it at all.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-04 at 02:40 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Gold Sellers are using accoutns taken by players who (Mostly) don't know anything about account security. The only one its costing is the player if they are stupid enough to leave there CC on the account and not remove it and recover the account.

This is selling stolen games that is bought with stolen CC's and costs game company's money,time and credit to stop. There is a massive difference between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't blame company's because the currency value in your country is shit (No Offence). No one is entitled to these games and saying stuff like (X cost too much so ill just buy it from Y even tho its stolen) just makes a person (Not u) sound entitled.

Save up, Buy it via a legit means or don't own it at all.
    Thats the thing my man, it's not the currency that's in the gutter, it's the pricing by the publishers, if i compare dark souls 3 at release day vs resi 7 the pricing is at around 30% difference, reason? none, they just wanted it that way.
    Heck check this:
    -For honor (JUST RELEASED) 30k Pesos.
    -Resi 7 REGULAR 50k Pesos. (NOT EVEN FUCKING SEASON PASS ADDED WICH ENDS UP AT 80K - 125 USD).

Yeah no, if you know jackshit dont talk shit m8. I can save up, but when you charge almost twice for the game i just nope out of it, sorry but no, fuck that, fuck that with a screwdriver. This is not steam fault nor local pricetags, it's the publisher for selling it for a really really high price with no reason whatsoever, not my fault that the publisher doesnt adapt the pricing well enough to at least keep the 60 USD parity.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2017-02-04 at 02:43 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Yeah no, if you know jackshit dont talk shit m8. I can save up, but when you charge almost twice for the game i just nope out of it, sorry but no, fuck that, fuck that with a screwdriver.
    Clearly you don't know jack shit champ. You just want to scream (They greedy and want to charge more) Ignoring everything else.

Game Company's are allow to charge what they feel there product is worth and there is a lot of factors into why they charge that. You also seem to be under the impression they get the full $50 when they don't. They don't even get 1/3 of it in there pocket.

Clearly like I said I know more then you on how and why shit is charged the way it is. Even with that price difference games are still cheaper now then 20 years ago.

You are not entitled to the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly you don't know jack shit champ. You just want to scream (They greedy and want to charge more) Ignoring everything else.

Game Company's are allow to charge what they feel there product is worth and there is a lot of factors into why they charge that. You also seem to be under the impression they get the full $50 when they don't. They don't even get 1/3 of it in there pocket.
    Nope, I just want price parity, if that hurts your fee-fee's then promptly go lick on a sugarcube to get that salt off of you buddy. I am okay with them charging the full 60 bucks, but for fuck sake keep the parity for the pricing, now you're just screaming m8.

Publishers are allowed to do that, but dont come crying to me for using key resellers when the publisher spills the spaghetio's and tries cleaning them with their tongue.

Oh they dont get 1/3 from steam sales? Poor publishers i'm crying a lot! think of them! oh wait steam only takes around 20-30%. No.

I get you're getting your fee-fee's on the poor poor devs, sorry but if AAA publishers aren't keeping the money parity correctly for 60USD to the local price then i'm not fucking willing to pay more for the publisher fault, most indie devs on steam price their games accordingly.

I dont know jackshit? i just SHOWED YOU proof on how the pricing is wildly different here for 60 USD games, both new, one costing a whole lot more than the other for not fucking reason whatsoever. You cried foul on people who defended G2A? I call foul on you for not even reading about price differences from publishers without any resource for anyone who is not from the US, heck look at australian prices, they get gouged too.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2017-02-04 at 02:49 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Nope, I just want price parity, if that hurts your fee-fee's then promptly go lick on a sugarcube to get that salt off of you buddy. I am okay with them charging the full 60 bucks, but for fuck sake keep the parity for the pricing, now you're just screaming m8.

Publishers are allowed to do that, but dont come crying to me for using key resellers when the publisher spills the spaghetio's and tries cleaning them with their tongue.

Oh they dont get 1/3 from steam sales? Poor publishers i'm crying a lot! think of them! oh wait steam only takes around 20-30%. No.

I get you're getting your fee-fee's on the poor poor devs, sorry but if AAA publishers aren't keeping the money parity correctly for 60USD to the local price then i'm not fucking willing to pay more for the publisher fault, most indie devs on steam price their games accordingly.

I dont know jackshit? i just SHOWED YOU proof on how the pricing is wildly different here for 60 USD games, both new, one costing a whole lot more than the other for not fucking reason whatsoever.
    See its hard to talk to someone when they act like a immature twat. Also its almost like two different company's made those games and priced them different....shocker.

With Steam sells ya they get a bit more, I was mostly talking about hardcopy sells. Once again there is many reasons why something is priced. It not being the price you like doesn't entitle you to shit. There is also more going out then the steam or gamestop cut of a game sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Jtbrig7390 SJW post about G2A. /sigh.
    Just picked up Far Cry Primal Special Edition for 15.99. Screw you overpriced retailers.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    See its hard to talk to someone when they act like a immature twat. Also its almost like two different company's made those games and priced them different....shocker.
    I'm giving you a good example of publishers going apeshit on the pricetag and me showing you a good situation where someone would pick G2A over their store price yet you go and act like a preacher on a sinner's house.

HAHA?! hard copy sales? dude they are even more fucking expensive here, there was a reason pc players here in south america adopted steam really early on, pricing was correct, was fair and competitive with retailers, now a lot of people i know have been using G2A for good reason. You're coming with a mostly north american mentality to it where there are tons of options in terms of retailers and sellers, here well you got steam and overpriced retailers, so what do you end up doing?

A) G2A
    B) Kinguin
    C) GMG
    D) Humblebundle
    E) Piracy

this is just an explanation buddy.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2017-02-04 at 02:53 PM.

Games i do not see fitting of the price tag ... i just wait on a sale or humblebundle i see no reason to get new overpriced games RIGHT NOW! like XCOM 2 i was not sure i would like it as much as i did XCOM so i waited, and last month it was on humblebundle for 12 $ with some random games i am ok waiting a bit for a game if i do not like the price i see no reason to support a place like G2A.

I'm giving you a good example of publishers going apeshit on the pricetag and me showing you a good situation where someone would pick G2A over their store price yet you go and act like a preacher on a sinner's house.

HAHA?! hard copy sales? dude they are even more fucking expensive here, there was a reason pc players here in south america adopted steam really early on, pricing was correct, was fair and competitive with retailers, now a lot of people i know have been using G2A for good reason. You're coming with a mostly north american mentality to it where there are tons of options in terms of retailers and sellers, here well you got steam and overpriced retailers, so what do you end up doing?

A) G2A
    B) Kinguin
    C) GMG
    D) Humblebundle
    E) Piracy

this is just an explanation buddy.
    Sad thing is that Valve wanted Steam games to be even CHEAPER than retail (so instead of $59.99 USD for a digital game that just came out, it would be lower) but Big Box stores (Wal*Mart in particular, but also BestBuy and Target to name a few) threatened that they would refuse to carry the games if Steam did that. So publishers refused to allow them cheaper on Steam since store like Wal*Mart were, for a time, still their largest source of revenue from games sold. So that is why Steam games (OUTSIDE OF A SALE) cost the same as a retail physical copy.

Sadly, the swing to digital being more popular than physical didn't do much to change these costs since the publishers realized people would still pay full retail for these digital copies (which have 0 shipping costs, 0 packing costs, and 0 cost for materials to produce.)

The way around this: STEAM SALES. That's one of the main reason they started doing them.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Maybe you could give one or two posts a read before shitposting : )
    Well at this point this whole thread is full of opinionative shitposting which your not really helping withby being apart of it..

Deleted
    Only way I've used G2A is to sell my old un-used Humblebundle keys that I had or didnt care of owning (origin keys, uplay etc).

Made 60 dollars from it (lot of games and few 10$ games). Obviously not getting all the money I paid for those bundles in total, but hey why not? Also flipped few games from cheap legit bundle-sites to sell on G2A. Risky af, but meh I needed money.

But mostly the site feels really shady anyway. Not everyone is just common users selling extra games they got from humble or from GPU promos-

If you don't want to pay for a game through legit means, you might as well pirate your shit.

I'm extremely delighted that I'm not the only one that uses his brains towards objectivity. It's good to see that people understand that you need proof if you want to get something done. There is no proof. I've asked for proof in 3, maybe 4, seperate threads on these forums and the moment I do, people suddenly shut up and never reappear, because there is none.

He said that she said that his uncle said that his Chinese lawner said that the Chinese lawners' uncle is using it to launder money, a.k.a. "everyone knows its true" is a bogus statement when nothing can be proven.

Again, I repeat; If you present actual proof. Fingerprints on papers, emails of CEO's, you name it, I will consider not buying from them. As I've also said, I do not consider using regional value to provide a cheaper service to other regions a form of fraud. It's good business sense and it's helping us, the gamers, at that. It's competition, it's good competition and until they've been proven to be black, they're white.

Recently a Dutch mega-store was exposed to sell fake Apple products. They didn't know they were fake, they apologized. Done. This is the exact same thing.

What people seem to forget is that every single thing you use, day in day out, is a Chinese product. Both the cheap knock-off as the actual real thing come from China. China is not the enemy. I don't disagree that China has a untrustworthy image, but my airsoft rifles, the cheap and fucking expensive ones, come from China. I know I'm going to get someone to point out to me that it's not technically China, but it's China.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2017-02-04 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know, i can understand people stealing, or using gray market, but when you do this at the very least don't try to hold higher moral ground. If you are scumbag its fine, nobody gonna judge you, but for the love of the god don't be proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know, i can understand people stealing, or using gray market, but when you do this at the very least don't try to hold higher moral ground. If you are scumbag its fine, nobody gonna judge you, but for the love of the god don't be proud of it.
    Stealing is black market. There is no proof that CC fraud is part of the business model. There's only proof that a few batches of keys were purchased through CC fraud. As an fyi, it's not just pressing a button to check if something is a legitimate buy or not. Even checking with the developer or publisher won't automatically resolve all issues, since the fraud needs to be corrected before the developer notices it and that takes time. Basically, yeah there should be some checkpoints for verification, but it's not magic. They can't know everything.

So when I'm taking the moral high ground, I'm doing that because there is no proof. You have no proof. You have a salty opinion, which is fine, but it's no basis for the moral high ground. Contempt towards another persons' opinion is no basis for a high ground. Having no proof, yet claiming something is true, however, would be enough to make me take place on my moral high ground. It's laughable really, all that salt and nothing to back it up. Except for that brainwashed corporate pigeon opinion of course.

Pretty much this. I have more respect for the people saying: "I buy from them because they are cheaper, so fuck off" than people trying to justify it. G2A is a irrefutably immoral site. They sell stolen keys doing little to nothing to stop it, they freaking CHARGE customers for basic customer protection as they know that some of their goods are stolen, their "customer service" is close to non-existent and basically use the "drag it out till they don't care about getting their money back"-tactic. So just own up to it and stop trying to sound like it is anyone else fault they you have to buy from a site like G2A or a site like it. I don't even blame people much for doing it, the only thing that pisses me off is that it actually hurts some developers, compared to piracy which is just a lost "potential sale" while G2A is both a lost "potential sale" and a potential charge-back due to key being bought with a stolen credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Stealing is black market. There is no proof that CC fraud is part of the business model. There's only proof that a few batches of keys were purchased through CC fraud. As an fyi, it's not just pressing a button to check if something is a legitimate buy or not. Even checking with the developer or publisher won't automatically resolve all issues, since the fraud needs to be corrected before the developer notices it and that takes time. Basically, yeah there should be some checkpoints for verification, but it's not magic. They can't know everything.

So when I'm taking the moral high ground, I'm doing that because there is no proof. You have no proof. You have a salty opinion, which is fine, but it's no basis for the moral high ground. Contempt towards another persons' opinion is no basis for a high ground. Having no proof, yet claiming something is true, however, would be enough to make me take place on my moral high ground. It's laughable really, all that salt and nothing to back it up. Except for that brainwashed corporate pigeon opinion of course.
    It has been proven that G2A does nothing to check for keys, and negligence on their part to even try to limit sale of stolen keys is also not exactly something a good and moral company would do. Add to that my others points of how they treat customers like shit, and it is not a company I would associate myself with. If they are not cheaper, nobody would use it over steam. But I do wonder, why not just pirate the game if you are buying it off a "shady website"? It is clearly not to support the developers or to reward the creators for a good product.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2017-02-04 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

That's great justification for stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Pretty much this. I have more respect for the people saying: "I buy from them because they are cheaper, so fuck off" than people trying to justify it. G2A is a irrefutably immoral site. They sell stolen keys doing little to nothing to stop it, they freaking CHARGE customers for basic customer protection as they know that some of their goods are stolen.
    This is in fact incorrect. They know that some of their wares could turn out to be stolen goods, so they cover their expenses by providing a warranty for a minor cost. Are and could be, are significantly different. It's part of their business model. They can not completely claim legitimacy in their corner of the business.

As I said before; The issue is not G2A. G2A is just one minor branch of the real problem... Credit Card fraud.

That's great justification for stealing.
    No, I pay for my games. Since you can't prove, nor can anyone else, that the majority of keys are obtained through fraud, there's no reason to assume I'm doing something illegal, which basically pushes you right back to the front of what you quoted. You have no proof, there might be no proof, you are just salty and salty does not put you in a position to take the moral high ground.

And to add in a quote from a Tool song; Think for yourself.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2017-02-04 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

As I said before; The issue is not G2A. G2A is just one minor branch of the real problem... Credit Card fraud.

And to add in a quote from a Tool song; Think for yourself.
    I doubt im the one who needs to think here.

I doubt im the one who needs to think here.
    So far there's little more coming out of you than " Ehh..Ehhrr..Derp" though.