I hope that transformation is a toy, would be pretty kreygasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    That mage and warlock did a pretty good job cheering them on from the bench.
    They were on previous bosses though, it's their whole raid team i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    That mage and warlock did a pretty good job cheering them on from the bench.
    Apparently they actually had two mages for the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yes, we hold a lot of relevance to who is in the lead in a middle of a marathon (to use a common analogy for raid tiers).

Oh wait, no we don't. Exorsus got gul'dan and Fusion exploited Augur. Serenity was nowhere for the third raid in a row making them 0/3 and 0/1 for tiers despite claiming to have no competition and being the no. 1 guild.
    "The Nighthold Mythic Race Progression" Not winner. Yes the winner happens but the progression matters just as much, there's been over 300 pages of people discussing the progression.

In a year people will only remember, like you said, "Exorsus won, Fusion exploited" But they'll also remember "Serenity had a large lead, and still lost"

If serenity gets 2nd it's still definitely definitely respectable. 3rd and it's a bit awkward. Respectable but like.. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of their members left.

Serenity never had a large lead though, they had a large lead over METHOD, maybe. Not over exorsus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    balanced raid?

9 melee 5 ranged on end boss.

Melee doing basically nothing on 80% of bosses this tier but sitting on boss scratching their balls while ranged get every mechanic.
    Not to mention the class balancing where basically every ranged class got it up the ass. So on top of that Melee are already doing 50-75k more dps if everyone could stay on boss 100% of the time. So now ranged doing 50-75k less baseline damage are doing every mechanics and melee are sitting there like uh i can count to 4.

This tiers balance and the raid design as a whole is an abortion.
    I will trust the opinion of a mythic raider from a world first guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    balanced raid?

9 melee 5 ranged on end boss.

Melee doing basically nothing on 80% of bosses this tier but sitting on boss scratching their balls while ranged get every mechanic.
    Not to mention the class balancing where basically every ranged class got it up the ass. So on top of that Melee are already doing 50-75k more dps if everyone could stay on boss 100% of the time. So now ranged doing 50-75k less baseline damage are doing every mechanics and melee are sitting there like uh i can count to 4.

This tiers balance and the raid design as a whole is an abortion.
    I think it's way more interesting than past raids where it was 11 ranged and 3 rogues. Is it really so awful that we get a melee heavy raid for this first time in 1237612390368 years?

Yes, we hold a lot of relevance to who is in the lead in a middle of a marathon (to use a common analogy for raid tiers).

Oh wait, no we don't. Exorsus got gul'dan and Fusion exploited Augur. Serenity was nowhere for the third raid in a row making them 0/3 and 0/1 for tiers despite claiming to have no competition and being the no. 1 guild.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? Exorsus won. I'm not denying that (Gz Exorsus, well deserved!). My original comment was that Serenity was leading the race up to 9/10 which was 100% relevant to the conversation I was having with someone completely different from yourself. Whether it has any relevance to the outcome of the winner or not has nothing to do with my original post or what you're implying now.

Serenity never had a large lead though, they had a large lead over METHOD, maybe. Not over exorsus.
    They had like a 16hr lead over Exorsus, in a raid like this, on the last boss, that's a large lead.

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    There's a leaked screenshot going around in Nurse's chat with 2 fury wars at 850k dps, while the rest of the raid is at 720-750k.
    Ye I wrote about it yesteday http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post44453540
    But apparently I know nothing Jon Snow

@Mohoots you're right it's one of the first tiers where you can have more melee than ranged (although still req some ranged) and not get shafted, ever. Do you know why ranged handle more mechanics? Because it's easier.
    The problem isn't that we get every mechanic thats fine.

The problem is we do 75k less dps on a dummy standing next to them. So add in Ranged getting every Mechanic and every fight Dps chart outside pad fights (looking at you spriests and botonist)

#1 Melee
    #2 Melee
    #3 Melee
    #4 Melee
    #5 Melee
    #6 Ranged 30k behind 5th place
    #7-13 Ranged

This whole tier is run as many melee (Or Shadow priest) as you can run while running as few Ranged as it takes to do mechanics.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-02-04 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    They had like a 16hr lead over Exorsus, in a raid like this, on the last boss, that's a large lead.
    The boss did not die last reset, so for both exorsus and serenity a few hours difference was not particularly relevant. The resets gear made a bigger impact. It may be relevant for method - we'll see given they had practically 0 time to see mythic guldan before the reset and had to make up that time post reset.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

A lead is a lead, no matter how small, it is still a lead. At the end it didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    If serenity gets 2nd it's still definitely definitely respectable. 3rd and it's a bit awkward. Respectable but like.. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of their members left.

Left? To go where exactly, they are already in a guild challenging for world firsts.. it's not like they have many options?

Quote Originally Posted by vandris View Post
    A lead is a lead, no matter how small, it is still a lead. At the end it didn't matter.
    And SNF had a lead, and limit had a lead.

Why is serenity's lead relevant?

Melee get 0 mechanics, if they get to sit on a boss 24/7 they shouldn't do 100k extra dps.

Past issues were they got targeted by mechanics and did less dps than ranged, so ranged always got bought to the encounter, now they just can tunnel a boss and do 100k+ pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It doesn't have to do with "melee heavy raid", but Melee simply being stronger without Blizzard actually adding mechanics.

It's not like Melee ever had difficult or even actual mechanics in previous expansions.

At most, they had "strafe to the left/right"
    Well, that's kind of just a difference in roles. There'snot a lot of interesting mechanics you can give to melee without crippling their dps, and if fights are designed in that way then people will just not bring melee.

Melee has been easier to play than ranged for forever, and I don't see that changing. I say that as a melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Well, still better than this intro:

No way. That intro is infamous and epic in it's right. I wonder if there is a day when that video wont make me burst out into laughter.

Deleted
    Found the char that Serenity is hiding outside guild and surprise its a fury warrior :thinking:

Curious as to why so many casters were brought to the Mythic Gul'dan kill. Surprised that it wasn't a 1-2 caster DPS lineup.