Poll: Your least favourite Nighthold raid encounter?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Worst Nighthold raid encounter?

What was your least favourite Nighthold raid encounter?

For me personally it was Elisande. The build up was immense. 4 month wait for release. Leader of the Nightborne. Badass character model. Amazing potential with the whole idea of manipulating time.

But terribly executed. An extremely long, boring and tedious fight. Half of the encounter is killing Elementals. Overall, a very big disappointment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    What was your least favourite Nighthold raid encounter?

For me personally it was Elisande. The build up was immense. 4 month wait for release. Leader of the Nightborne. Badass character model. Amazing potential with the whole idea of manipulating time.

But terribly executed. An extremely long, boring and tedious fight. Half of the encounter is killing Elementals. Overall, a very big disappointment.
    Exactly the same. Elidandre is just a too long too monotone fight. It could have been much better.

I like Elisande, the mechanics are neat. Mythic looks crazy and involved.

Looking at mythic, High Botanist Tel'arn is going to be the most hated, boring tedious fight once most people have seen it.

Krosus to me, just another boring ST burn fest fight.

Star Augur Etraeus can go fuck it self. Extremely boring until the first fel starts appearing . Long fight suck ass
    High Botanist Tel'arn is also bad, lots of things you need to attack > low damage as you have to run around, somewhat long fight as well.
    Krosus is boring because it is longish and just a dps race

Gul'dan, again long fights suck ass. Nothing happening in the first parts

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Star Augur Etraeus can go fuck it self. Extremely boring until the first fel starts appearing . Long fight suck ass
    High Botanist Tel'arn is also bad, lots of things you need to attack > low damage as you have to run around, somewhat long fight as well.

No offense dude, but if you think Botanist or Krosus or even star is a long fight, all being like 3-6 minutes normally, your raids dps must seriously suck.

Gul'dan is long, about 10minutes but that's the norm for a last boss.

aluriel. So annoying this bit*h.

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A tie between Skorpyron and Chromatic Anamoly to me. Every other encounter was enjoyable somewhat starting Trilliax.

As someone who raids in pick up groups, Aluriel is kind of annoying some times, but in a good group it is actually one of the more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Elisande for sure
    I don't know, I found the concept fun, personally.

Deleted
    To be fair Nighthold is actually a pretty weak raid with lots of unmemorable bosses.
    I can't even say which the worst one is, because 6-7 fights are competing for it since many are underwhelming.

tichondrius for me, i just never liked the fight the night mecanic is good and killing bats for buffs is nice but i just didnt find it fun

Deleted
    Really don't like the Trillax fight. But overall amazing raid

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Dawnseeker View Post
    I don't know, I found the concept fun, personally.
    The concept may be fun on paper, but execution is absolutely horrible imo. Nothing really interesting happening too like Krosus bridge breaking, Starboy space room etc. And she is supposed to be a big boss around with million quests about her existence.
    Basically, you fight her 3 times with slightly altered stuff happening around. All this time traveling could be made so much more interesting like environment changes for example.

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    The concept may be fun on paper, but execution is absolutely horrible imo. Nothing really interesting happening too like Krosus bridge breaking, Starboy space room etc. And she is supposed to be a big boss around with million quests about her existence.
    Basically, you fight her 3 times with slightly altered stuff happening around. All this time traveling could be made so much more interesting like environment changes for example.
    Mm yea, I can tell you for sure that both Krosus and Star Auger are much more fun to me, especially the void phase in the latter. She just resets her HP and runs around, but it was fun to see her actually getting involved and making her hands dirty; at first I expected it to be an add heavy fight with she playing background boss.

High Botanist by far

The fight feels like one of those fights where Blizzard stitched together too many movement-based mechanics and it's *too* chaotic. I know that many current raid encounters are designed in a similar fashion, but in H Botanist phase 3 is just retarded, especially the Call of the Night mechanic, on top of dodging spores, target swapping to adds/spheres, and dodging Solar Collapse / Purple Bomb thing

Star Augur is one of my favourite fights because it reminds me of Tyrant Velhari: tank and spank style fights can still be interesting. Sometimes a few simple mechanics that work together can create a really fun experience, whereas the opposite (bloating a boss fight with too many movement/complex mechanics) makes it frustrating.

Tichondrius is kinda boring in Heroic, I'll wait to see Mythic to really judge.
    Anomally is only the second boss, but god damn he's boring, really nothign stand out for him since they re-use the time mechanic for Elisande.

I really like Krosus because it's one of the first Single target zerg fight that use the environnement in a cool way to creeate an enrage timer, rather than just a designated time where he becomes red and kill everyone.

I like Aluriel because of how clean her kit is. 3 schools of magic, a spell for each, then she Replicate, Detonate and Animate that spell. It makes sense and doesn't feel like they just put mechanics for the sake of it.

Botanist feels very bland on the other hand. He's totally that boss with a messy kit that doesn't even really make sense.

Chromatic Anomoly feels like it's missing some mechanics, on NM/HC anyway so I'll go with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post

Krosus and Augur long fight? Do you even raid?
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    Stupid question.

None of them are boring. Its a very nice raid.

If I have to pick, then its Scorpion, because its too simple(for the sake of picking on one).

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Chromatic Anomoly feels like it's missing some mechanics, on NM/HC anyway so I'll go with that.
    I felt that too, but there's nothing there in Mythic. The only noticeable thing is 2 adds on each side instead of one. And the add is the same, doesn'"t do anythign interesting, you just need someone to tank it and kick its casts while the rest of the raid does the same thing as in Heroic.

Just feels like they didn't want to add anything to him because they could keep the cool time stuff for Ellisande.