Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prot - Had to sit on H Krosus. Need some help.

Need some help here. Im working so hard maintaining my devastator rotation, popping cooldowns, doing everything I can to survive this stupid fight that makes shield block a frikin joke. Feel like im putting in the effort required for mythic raids and I cant manage to stay alive on heroic =(

If I cant figure this out im just gona switch to fury. Its beyond frustrating.

Can PM logs, im not allowed to post them since im new.

are you using spell reflect for high stacks of the debuff? it reduces spell damage taken as well as reflecting spell casts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Memone View Post
    are you using spell reflect for high stacks of the debuff? it reduces spell damage taken as well as reflecting spell casts now.
    Yep. Trying to stack ignore pains at that time as well.

We finally killed Heroic Krosus last night. Our Prot Warrior actually died at around 4:04. Our newish Guardian Dried solo tanked it for another minute and then died as well. The amount of damage prot takes in comparison is ridiculous. He was getting extremely frustrated last night because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtslappy View Post
    We finally killed Heroic Krosus last night. Our Prot Warrior actually died at around 4:04. Our newish Guardian Dried solo tanked it for another minute and then died as well. The amount of damage prot takes in comparison is ridiculous. He was getting extremely frustrated last night because of it.
    Its a bit tough to swallow. I dont wanna be that guy that just blames his class. My class is what it is, I cant change it. I just wanna know what I can do to make this work. And if its just tough shit, I like fury anyway.

I ran anger management. I ran devastator even though I absolutely despise the rotation =(

It's just a shit fight for Prot Warriors. I know you can't link logs, but if you tell us your character name/realm, we'll be able to find you easily enough

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It's just a shit fight for Prot Warriors. I know you can't link logs, but if you tell us your character name/realm, we'll be able to find you easily enough
    Anastarea on stormrage. I can PM logs no problem =)

Were live logging right now

just insert any logs any put this at the tail end of it.

reports/3XFvxhmbnJy4LGM9/
    Last edited by Annastarea; 2017-02-03 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    Wait til you see star augur mythic, you wil get destroyed.

We have the tools to handle magic damage yes but when one of those 2 tools (ignore pain) doesnt scale at all than wel were fucked.

THEY NEED TO FIX THE SCALING OF IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annastarea View Post
    Annastarea on stormrage. I can PM logs no problem =)

Were live logging right now

just insert any logs any put this at the tail end of it.

reports/3XFvxhmbnJy4LGM9/
    Found you You added an extra N, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post

We have the tools to handle magic damage yes but when one of those 2 tools (ignore pain) doesnt scale at all than wel were fucked.

At least Demo Shout works against direct attacks. Direct attacks also gives us decent rage... DoT's like on CA & Krosus do neither of these things, leaving us pretty fecked compared to, say, a Druid with Adaptive Fur (10%), Mark of Ursol (30%), & Thick Hide (6%). All this when Barkskin works (Demo Shout doesn't), Frenzied Regen works (RFDT doesn't work on the DoT so IP doesn't really work), and two charges of a much better Shield Wall...

It is a bit of a joke, honestly. Only thing we bring to Krosus is damage.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2017-02-03 at 04:46 PM.

Found you You added an extra N, though.
    Doh, I apologize =)

Edit: fixed the original post.

maybe they should give back the original ignore pain? :P

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    maybe they should give back the original ignore pain? :P
    Original Ignore Pain was ridiculous. They should just give us proper rage generation from DoT effects.

So we downed yesterday on H our tank warrior went with indomitable and anger management the extra health helps a lot and try to use Demo shout every Slam and spell reflect after 2 stacks of the debuff.

I finished this last night. I did have a couple of gibs but then my DH co-tank had a couple as well.

We four healed it with a 13 person raid. We used a monk and druid for raid heals, disc priest and pally for tank heals.

I wasn't using Vengeance which might not be smart but almost all Slams were easily countered by BV/DS. For trinkets I use Phantasmal Echo and Arcanocrystal. I have 34% haste in my raid set-up. My legendaries are Prydaz (helpful) and Aggramar's (not that helpful for this fight).

Deleted
    Are you sure that this is why you were benched?
    Not trying to bash anyone here but looking through your logs is painful when looking at what healing you recieved during the last couple seconds before each of your deaths.
    Which is basically why you die each time. I don't know how your taunt-rotation is, but JUST looking at average hits from searing brand, your DK partner takes WAY more dmg than you.
    I'm not saying prot is fine, we definitely lack some there, but in this case i'd say your healers should try and cast a direct healing spell on you in the 8ish seconds before slam. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Hassliebe View Post
    Are you sure that this is why you were benched?
    Not trying to bash anyone here but looking through your logs is painful when looking at what healing you recieved during the last couple seconds before each of your deaths.
    Which is basically why you die each time. I don't know how your taunt-rotation is, but JUST looking at average hits from searing brand, your DK partner takes WAY more dmg than you.
    I'm not saying prot is fine, we definitely lack some there, but in this case i'd say your healers should try and cast a direct healing spell on you in the 8ish seconds before slam. :/
    I can't say for sure if any of it was a healing issue. I can say that after a pally tank was brought it they consistently made it to the last 1/3 of the bridge, something that rarely happened while I was tanking because I died fairly often. They ended up being able down it. Talked to my GM and I made the decisions to go fury. The itemization is the same (thank god), and I've been itching to wreck some face anyway

Original Ignore Pain was ridiculous. They should just give us proper rage generation from DoT effects.
    it mightve been ridiculous but it didnt scale well, nerfing it is the reason why it sucks in nh /thread

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy shit, chill your panties oO I could see, that Augur is a little more straightforward for us, since we don´t have to spend rage on SB at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

What if they put dragon scales back at 60%, which was bugged at that value until it was ninja fixed in 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    What if they put dragon scales back at 60%, which was bugged at that value until it was ninja fixed in 7.1.5.
    It still triggers off of block which doesn't help on alot of fights. Like Auger. And Krosus.