Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    If they were using apes, whales, dolphins, or elephants I would have problem with the rodeo because these animals have a higher intelligence than most other animals. I would also have a problem with it if they were using animals that were near extinction. Cattle are pretty dumb animals. They are not aware enough to know what's going on. I personally love it when a bull or bucking bronco stomps a redneck cowboy crippling them.
    Y'know cattle are pretty dumb, sure. But then you gotta realize they've been carelessly inbred for a long ass time. Cattle must be mentally retarded as fuck from all the inbreeding.
    No wonder the Longhorn is idolized in Texas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Ya well thats in span and has nothing to do with a rodeo. Im very sure at this point people in this thread think thoes are the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

RODEO ISNT FUCKING BULLFIGHTING! your beef (pun intended) is with Spain my hypocritical friend.
    I know the difference

The animals are aggitated and stressed out for entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Probably no, America is a little backwards regarding animal rights
    This is a good example of how one man's "backwards" is another man's "sane".

Not all "progress" is progress.

I know the difference

The animals are aggitated and stressed out for entertainment
    Oh my, agitation and stress. Excuse me while I swoon to my fainting couch.

I really hope you're a vegetarian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    oh ya so horrible. Thoes poor agitated animals. Spanish peopled gored tortured and killed them publicly to a cheering audience until a few years ago and Mexicans still do it to this day, but ya, totally, Americans are savages for...ehem.. riding bulls...
    Did I say Mexicans and the Spanish are any better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Oh my, agitation and stress. Excuse me while I swoon to my fainting couch.

I really hope you're a vegetarian.
    I forgot empathy is something some people lack

no. i don't think the rodeo is abuse, honestly. it pisses the bull off, but it's not hurt by it.

bullfighting is what should be banned, those disgusting fucking savages. every time a matador gets gored, it's a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    So no, rodeos shouldn't be banned. They're gross but lots of things in the south are anyways.
    I always get a giggle when I read "The South" get thrown in, particularly when the person throwing the insults normally considers themselves intellectually superior, but goes with the sterotypes anyways.

American rodeo, particularly popular today within the Canadian province of Alberta and throughout the western United States,

On topic, I don't care for the Rodeo or NASCAR, so I'm fine with them banning both or doing nothing at all. Unless they show some serious abuse happening
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-02-04 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no. i don't think the rodeo is abuse, honestly. it pisses the bull off, but it's not hurt by it.

bullfighting is what should be banned, those disgusting fucking savages. every time a matador gets gored, it's a good day.
    Forced emotional distress is still abuse

7+ Year Old Account
    Banned? No. But in fairness to the bulls/horses/etc, roles should be reversed: there ought to be an event where the bulls and horses get to ride the cowboys.

eh, it's not all that distressed. bulls are pretty savage creatures, if they weren't jumping and kicking around in the ring, they'd be fighting with another bull in the field.

a combative environment is probably good for their psyche, and they don't even have to get physically hurt at all.

We are officially out of problems if a cow being upset is worth even considering legislation for.

Indeed makes me smile everytime a matador gets gored, they really need to ban that shit.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-04 at 06:23 PM.

Deleted
    eh, it's not all that distressed. bulls are pretty savage creatures, if they weren't jumping and kicking around in the ring, they'd be fighting with another bull in the field.

a combative environment is probably good for their psyche, and they don't even have to get physically hurt at all.
    But they can and do get hurt

Big difference between bulls fighting over females in the wild than getting harassed by people in an enclosed space

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    We are officially out of problems if a cow being upset is worth even considering legislation for.
    Hey if you get kicks out of stressed animals good for you

But they can and do get hurt

Big difference between bulls fighting over females in the wild than getting harassed by people in an enclosed space
    they're testosterone fueled brutes, they're not bothered by this at all.

and i doubt the bull getting hurt is very common.

anyway, at the very least, it's better than bullfighting.

Very manly. I think they finally got them to wear helmets.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    should it be banned? probably
    will it be banned? not in places where its culturally important.

i imagine most places have quite serious regulations nowadays tho about what you can and cant do to the animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    You've not been paying very close attention to nature.
    Thats not suffering, thats the course of nature.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Indeed makes me smile everytime a matador gets gored, they really need to ban that shit.
    I love those shows on TV where the premise is "animal encounters GONE WRONG!" and every episode they have the stupid cowboy or matador getting fucked up by a bull, set to sad music and people screaming from the audience stands like "omg how could this possibly have happened!?" then there's an interview with the family if the guy dies, and they're always like "Dusty were such a good boy real hard worker" like for real, you aren't shit but a redneck with a good grip and half the people watching you have the same mentality of spectators of hockey or NASCAR. They watch for the fights and the crashes, in your case lots of people hoping you'd die.

I forgot empathy is something some people lack
    At least you're doing a great job reminding us that ignorance and melodrama are not in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Should rodeo be banned? It abuses the animal and puts the rider and the rodeo clowns in danger. While we're at it should the running with the bulls be banned too?

http://aldf.org/cases-campaigns/feat...gainst-rodeos/
    "Any culture that is not mine is invalid".

What a bigot.