Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Well I don't agree with that. We have DHs in my guild and they are smart and helpful while we're doing fine in NH. You might have a point that DHs attract younger more inexperieced players. But so does hunters/mages and DKs did that aswell when the class was new. I don't see how you can draw the conclusion melee are less skilled compared to ranged.
    there is always is an exception to a rule.

I appreciate your comment and I accept your opinion, but I and many many players I know have made different experiences

can you guys pls leave melee vs range nonsense out of this thread pls

Deleted
    Wait, so we all just skip the Darkmoon: Promise buff? Curious how the Exorsus druid can have 6 stacks all the time...

I love the ranged players' tears. Cry more, I need to stock up on some salt. Running a bit low on seasoning.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Melee has always been EZ-mode for people that can't handle anything but parking under the boss and sidestepping. That's why they were usually justifiably bad.

Ranged DPS should be secure in the knowledge that - even if you aren't tuned as high as the melee - you aren't being a liability to your raid because all you can handle is tunneling.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2017-02-04 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    I mean I really enjoyed all the salty tears from ranged players on the last 20 pages, but maybe we should switch up the topic now:

Where are all the NA guilds? Gettin 1 day headstart and best guild is only top 5. But I mean not everything in NA is bad. Did you guys know that Lebron would wipe the floor with Messi if he had chosen soccer over Basketball? He's the great athlet ever and could beat anyone if he wanted to. Also EU is only better because NA doesnt have a wellfare system and in total have to work more hours in the week. Do you guys agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    there is always is an exception to a rule.

I appreciate your comment and I accept your opinion, but I and many many players I know have made different experiences
    Would be interesting to see how far a serious raiding guild would get if they had the assumption all melee sucks and only recruited ranged dps ppl under that assumption.

But you might have a point regarding DHs but thats basically just because new class always attracts the bad apples who wants to play the fotm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    Yo Lorgok, did you think melee-ranged were balanced when you got WF blackhand using 3 rogues as your only melee?
    Melees at least were as good as rangeds dps wise. Blackhand was just an exception for how the boss was designed, right now it's melee numbers DESTROYING ranged's, not to mention bosses design too which are obviously in melee's favour.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanswurst View Post
    I mean I really enjoyed all the salty tears from ranged players on the last 20 pages, but maybe we should switch up the topic now:

Where are all the NA guilds? Gettin 1 day headstart and best guild is only top 5. But I mean not everything in NA is bad. Did you guys know that Lebron would wipe the floor with Messi if he had chosen soccer over Basketball? He's the great athlet ever and could beat anyone if he wanted to. Also EU is only better because NA doesnt have a wellfare system and in total have to work more hours in the week. Do you guys agree?
    We've detoured to melee/ranged because the European all-stars once again lost to Russians and nobody cares about the battle for second place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanswurst View Post

Most people in the mythic NH race have jobs.

The plain and simple (and only really quantifiable) reason that NA is so far behind on firsts is that only a very tiny minority of NA players can afford to / are allowed to take off an entire week of work of their choosing, while in most of the EU your employer is required by law to both give you X vacation days every year and to let you take at least 2 consecutive weeks at least once a year (and they can't fire you for taking it, either).

@barackohmama how exactly Botanist is harder for melee, then? Because the more I think of it the more ranged unfriendly things I find. Botanist is no-brainer for melee.

Conclusion: it is difficult to play both melee and ranged if speaking of top-level gameplay, but overall it is rangeds that have hard time in wow raiding, not melee. Melee is faceroll.

Deleted
    Dont get all this fuzz about melee vs ranged

Since vanilla melee had better life during encounter than ranged, ye ranged maybe have been the ez dps for more time than melee since vanilla but the ez life melee have during encounter is pretty rock solid.

But hence, there are different roles/jobs for melee and ranged, maybe melee are more "tunnel vision" pure dps in the eyes of blizzard dev meanwhile ranged need to be versatile and do less DPS but more "mechanics" than melee, and this is fine imho.

also people writing "lul ranged tears" or "melee tears" are prob monkey playing dh with 2 button macro rotation or spriest reroller, so nothing valuable as player

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    @barackohmama how exactly Botanist is harder for melee, then? Because the more I think of it the more ranged unfriendly things I find. Botanist is no-brainer for melee.

Conclusion: it is difficult to play both melee and ranged if speaking of top-level gameplay, but overall it is rangeds that have hard time in wow raiding, not melee. Melee is faceroll.

Botanist is hard for melee because is a cluster fuck of FPS drop kek

Deleted
    Why dont you play melee then guize?

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Melee is faceroll.
    Nice meme xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Would be interesting to see how far a serious raiding guild would get if they had the assumption all melee sucks and only recruited ranged dps ppl under that assumption.

But you might have a point regarding DHs but thats basically just because new class always attracts the bad apples who wants to play the fotm.
    why would they do that?

there are good melee players. We have 2 great enhancement shamans and 2 great retribution paladins.

All I said all along was that on average melee players are worse than range players in terms of skill.

There are still great melee players who come very close in performing to great range players.

Deleted
    Xavius first world kill: 8 ranged, 6 melees

Helya first world kill: 10 ranged, 4 melees

Are people really complaining because in ONE raid over the last years, ranged dps are not monopolizing the dps slots?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urioh View Post
    Nice meme xD
    it is true but k

Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    because somebody has to do mechanics

-or-

doesnt feel to reroll FOTM class for the epeen but are fine with their class (this works also for melee sub par spec vs spriest or ranged fotm)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    I always start games on higher difficulities.

Easy Mode is for Call of Duty and Melee Players

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Xavius first world kill: 8 ranged, 6 melees

Helya first world kill: 10 ranged, 4 melees

Are people really because in ONE raid over the last years, ranged dps are not monopolizing the dps slots?
    but range players are better. So it is just natural to take more range players.

Now that melee do more damage, any encounter where that increased damage becomes relevant you will only take the bare minimum ranged to do the mechanics and fill with melee.

Whether it's fair for ranged to do said mechanics and end up with lower dps is up for debate. That depends on whether people think higher inter-spec dps is any indicator of skill or performance.
    Last edited by worcester; 2017-02-04 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    it is true but k
    spoiler alert its not
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs