Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Nope. Never race changed my characters.

I don't role play, but my characters feel like characters to me other than just game pieces on a game board.
    That's how i feel aswell.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    I have switched exactly one character, once. I originally played alliance as Gnome warlock. When I started on a different server as horde, i plyed blood elf DK. Eventually I came backt o alliance, and brought my DK with me. He is a dwarf since the start of cataclysm.

I don#t see the need to switch. dwarves rock. I identify with my dwarf (I could never be anything else). I have other characters of other races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I made my cow druid a troll the second I could.

I also made my shaman a panda in Mists since I intended to main the shaman that expansion and the racials were enormously better, but then I changed it back when they adjusted racials in Warlords because I am not a big fan of pandaren aesthetically.
    One day we'll see you race change into a gnome.

Race change, sex change and faction change. I have no loyalty but to human or Blood Elf. All my plate wearing toons would be chicks if I didn't have to keep the lil lady happy so she can /hug and /flirt with me in game.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I don't believe I have ever strictly race changed, but I have changed factions and yeah it is weird.

Had an alliance druid, night elf, played for many many years. She was one of my first characters and even held the vanilla PVP rank of Commander. She was a secondary character in vanilla, but she was my main in burning crusade and my interest in PVP escalated then. I went from semi-casual PVP in vanilla to really hardcore into it in burning crusade. I achieved gladiator rank for the first 3 arena seasons WOW ever had, also sold gladiator titles for large sums of gold. My guild at the time was one of the best in the world, usually ranking in the top 20s for world firsts and achieved world 7th for Nightbane.

After burning crusade though, I switched to a death knight for wrath and she became an alt again. I still healed on her now and then as my primary healing alt, but she never really got that much attention since TBC.

I am very fond of this character, lots of good memories and lots of old school shit like the vanilla PVP rank and the Tabard of the Protector which you can't get anymore, and able to transmog vanilla PVP armor, etc.

When Warlords came out, my guild switched from Alliance to Horde (was different guild from the old top 20 one, that one fell apart at the end of TBC due to all the officers taking everything from the gbank and selling their accounts for a lot of real money). I was still maining a DK, it became my permanent main ever since I made it in Wrath, and I swapped from Human to Blood Elf which wasn't that hard of a transition really. But the druid... That was tough. It had been a night elf for nearly 10 years at that point and swapping it to a fucking TAUREN or a fucking TROLL was not appealing to me at all.

It was something I had to think about for a while but the conclusion I came to was essentially that I was horde now, so I had to learn to accept horde things. My cities would no longer look nice, the races of the people I played with would no longer look nice, I had to accept the reality of ugliness that is the horde and either I could make my druid ugly and lose it's ability to shadowmeld which was kind of a big deal, or i'd basically just never play it again at all because there'd be no one left to play with.

So I finally switched her over to a troll. Still just an alt, but she's had a rather enjoyable and productive life ever since, long as she doesn't look at her reflection.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Race change, sex change and faction change. I have no loyalty but to human or Blood Elf. All my plate wearing toons would be chicks if I didn't have to keep the lil lady happy so she can /hug and /flirt with me in game.
    Tell her that she can /flirt with girls aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    'Zerking, Bloodlust, ICD trinket, 10 stacks of Garrosh trinket and Soul Swap... those were the days.
    +roguetricks

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    +roguetricks
    Mm, I always lost the roll for Rogue tricks.

I definitely understand your dilemma. I don't RP per se, but my toons have to feel "right." My Mage was originally a Goblin, but then I faction and server-transferred due to my work schedule (not enough players on my old realm during the times I could play). I had a hard time finding a new race for her. For my main, I race-changed from Tauren to Pandaren. I love being Pandaren, but there are times whern I really miss being Tauren (she was a Tauren from Vanilla-MoP). Still don't regret the decision, though. Besides, if you love the class, you can always race-change your main and then create a spiritual successor with the old race.
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    i name changed my priest once, and that was just a couple of days ago.

never race changed tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

I have not. As i get a feeling similar to you aswell.

Changed a paladin from human to draenei, a hunter from goblin to worgen, a mage from undead to human then to blood elf, and a warrior from gnome to orc. So yeah, 5 times.

I faction changed two characters, so by default they race changed, it was a little odd at first because one was the second character I ever created, and had a lot of good times with him when he was Alliance, guild stuff, zombie plague, HH mount, etc, but now it doesn't phase me at all, I have no regrets.

I switch every couple expansions. Mostly to keep things fresh.

I actually race changed my main warlock from undead to Orc (been undead ever since i created him). But since the ingame settings of "Old models" doesnt mean anything, i had to say farewell to him

10+ Year Old Account
    My pala from human to blood elf.
    My DK from draenei to tauren.
    My mage from draenei to orc.
    My rogue from night elf to undead.

(as you can see all of them were faction changes as well, so yeah)
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've raced changed my main probably 15 times, at least. I usually do it a few times an expansion, at a minimum, as tier sets release and they look better on different races.
    My logic is similar, but fuck. I'm at least double what you're talking about.

I factioned swapped thus my Tauren Druid became a Night Elf Druid, I guess that kinda counts lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    race changed once, from orc warrior to tauren warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

WAY to many times