Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Fridge Logic in Overwatch

I'll start:

- Why did the Shambali decide to build their temple with a bottomless pit in the center of it?

- How exactly do sound waves repair damaged machinery and biological injuries?

- Just how many shurikens can Genji hold in his robotic wrist? I know that they probably fold, but even then, there's still only so much space...

- Genji maybe a robot with physically enhanced strength and durability, but that doesn't change the fact that every time he dashes forward, his brain should impact against the back of his skull from the sheer force of the acceleration when he dashes, and then impact forward again when he stops, given that he doesn't decelerate.

- How does Roadhog survive sheer amounts of damage that would otherwise kill any other person not protected by a shield or shrouded in a suit of armor (ie, how does he tank)? I'm pretty sure being a sumo wrestler or having obesity doesn't give bullet proof body armor that allows you to survive showers of 50 caliber bullets from Bastion or double shotgun blasts from Reaper at point blank range.

- What does Torbjorn pour into his gun? Molten slag? Wouldn't carrying all that in his backpack be ludicrously heavy? Also, I seriously doubt that there'd be a way for his little gun to cool the molten hot slag into a solid projectile within the 0.25 seconds the trigger is squeezed.

- The TV tropes page also touched on this: why are the MEKA suits designed so that the operator's arms and the machine's controls hang unprotected outside of the bulletproof glass cockpit? All it takes is for a bullet to hit the operator's exposed arm and the machine won't be piloted optimally, if at all. Damage to control system itself will outright render the suit unusable.

Lol its a game man. You can pull apart most games mechanics/actions. Lets say magic is how all these things are done.

How do you hack a person?

How do you put a mech or omnic to sleep with a dart?

10+ Year Old Account
    This should answer your questions

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    - Why did the Shambali decide to build their temple with a bottomless pit in the center of it?
    They're big fans of 300.

Micro-vibrations stimulating regrowth. I am totally not making that up.

- Just how many shurikens can Genji hold in his robotic wrist? I know that they probably fold, but even then, there's still only so much space...
    His arms contain wormholes to the same pocket dimension that Reaper pulls shotguns from.

Some theorise that it's contained within Optimus Prime's trailer when he's in robot mode.

- Genji maybe a robot with physically enhanced strength and durability, but that doesn't change the fact that every time he dashes forward, his brain should impact against the back of his skull from the sheer force of the acceleration when he dashes, and then impact forward again when he stops, given that he doesn't decelerate.
    Lots and lots of bubble wrap.

- How does Roadhog survive sheer amounts of damage that would otherwise kill any other person not protected by a shield or shrouded in a suit of armor (ie, how does he tank)? I'm pretty sure being a sumo wrestler or having obesity doesn't give bullet proof body armor that allows you to survive showers of 50 caliber bullets from Bastion or double shotgun blasts from Reaper at point blank range.
    Hardened cholesterol has formed an impenetrable barrier inside his belly.

- What does Torbjorn pour into his gun? Molten slag? Wouldn't carrying all that in his backpack be ludicrously heavy? Also, I seriously doubt that there'd be a way for his little gun to cool the molten hot slag into a solid projectile within the 0.25 seconds the trigger is squeezed.
    It's hot fudge.

- The TV tropes page also touched on this: why are the MEKA suits designed so that the operator's arms and the machine's controls hang unprotected outside of the bulletproof glass cockpit? All it takes is for a bullet to hit the operator's exposed arm and the machine won't be piloted optimally, if at all. Damage to control system itself will outright render the suit unusable.
    They originally designed it with a fully enclosed cockpit but pilot pit sweat built to critical levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

electromagnetic pulse
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

... and everyone!

It's social hacking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    electromagnetic pulse
    I don't think an electromagnetic pulse would be formed by lines from someone's hand, nor would that be usable against someone to stop them from running.

Also hacking Tracer SHOULD leave her trapped between times again, since you know, her chronal accelerator is what keeps her anchored.

You may like checkers better than overwatch. Just a hunch
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually nearly every person in Overwatch either has cybernetics or wears cybernetic armor or uses some sort of futuristic smartweapon.

Roadhog is just about the only character whose gear appears to be completely mechanical.

In fact, a bunch of characters should probably lose access to their primary fire. Even McCree with his cyborg arm.

Nanomachines?
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-02-05 at 01:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    game mechanics + year 20 something.

Formerly known as Arafal

I'll start:

How exactly can your paladin put up a bubble that shields him from all damage? How exactly can your paladin revive someone from death? How exactly can your warrior and paladin hold those huge ass swords that should be impossible to wield properly?

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading somewhere that a cat's purr accelerates their healing or someshit. Long time ago, and I was "Huh, cool", but thats what I read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    How exactly can your paladin put up a bubble that shields him from all damage? How exactly can your paladin revive someone from death? How exactly can your warrior and paladin hold those huge ass swords that should be impossible to wield properly?
    Magic... A realm in which our laws of physics and space does not apply - Seriously, physics is not the same in Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This should answer your questions

You beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Actually nearly every person in Overwatch either has cybernetics or wears cybernetic armor or uses some sort of futuristic smartweapon.

Roadhog is just about the only character whose gear appears to be completely mechanical.
    Junkrat...? Granted, he has the arm thing, but the rest of his gear is just basic stuff.
    And hacking either of them cancels it. Also yet again, it makes no sense to hack Soldier and then he can't run. Also McCree doesn't use his mechanical arm to fire, he uses it for Fan the Hammer.

In fact, a bunch of characters should probably lose access to their primary fire. Even McCree with his cyborg arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Nanomachines?
    A dart wouldn't penetrate metal, and if it did, I'd imagine it would have to be a very deadly dart that should cause damage.

Oh, also, why are the cars always hovering if they're turned off, hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They're big fans of 300.

Micro-vibrations stimulating regrowth. I am totally not making that up.

His arms contain wormholes to the same pocket dimension that Reaper pulls shotguns from.

Some theorise that it's contained within Optimus Prime's trailer when he's in robot mode.

Lots and lots of bubble wrap.

Hardened cholesterol has formed an impenetrable barrier inside his belly.

It's hot fudge.

They originally designed it with a fully enclosed cockpit but pilot pit sweat built to critical levels.

I lost it at hot fudge.

Maybe he's got, like, a miniature 3D-printer or something similar inside his arm, that constantly replenishes his shurikens.

Also, I can't help feeling that the people who say "lol, it's just a game" are the ones who are actually taking the topic a little too seriously. :P
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Overwatch isn't the sort of game where this should be an actual concern

Junkrat...? Granted, he has the arm thing, but the rest of his gear is just basic stuff.
    And hacking either of them cancels it. Also yet again, it makes no sense to hack Soldier and then he can't run. Also McCree doesn't use his mechanical arm to fire, he uses it for Fan the Hammer.

A dart wouldn't penetrate metal, and if it did, I'd imagine it would have to be a very deadly dart that should cause damage.

Oh, also, why are the cars always hovering if they're turned off, hmmm?
    Who say's her Sleep Dart is an actual dart like we currently use not just device that on impact delivers the stuff that puts them to sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Who say's her Sleep Dart is an actual dart like we currently use not just device that on impact delivers the stuff that puts them to sleep?
    Because I'm still not quite sure Omnics would a similar body to humans that would make the same dart effective on both of them.

And then, D.Va mech.