7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    like i said, MW is fine for 99.9999% of guilds in NH.

i rerolled back to MW too, and i think it's 100% fine.
    Sounds like no mistweaver in all top 20 guilds progression. fucking sad.

Where is @Myta? I enjoy his rant.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-02-04 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Sounds like no mistweaver in all top 20 guilds progression. fucking sad.
    Danish Terrace have 1, but they're rank 9. we just don't have enough exposure right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Danish Terrace have 1, but they're rank 9. we just don't have enough exposure right now.
    QQ
    http://i.imgur.com/aiEBGM2.png

You cant stop my QQ.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2017-02-07 at 01:35 AM.

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/a/Wt5jc

They have a Mistweaver.. Stop being a troll.

if you actually did you research, you would know there are 4 guilds in the top 20 that have a MW (prestige gaming, danish terrace, openness, fatsharkyes).
    please stop posting your garbage, it literally adds nothing to these threads

Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Well, we already know what Blizzard planning for Sheilun's Gift. In 7.2 two new Artifacts traits will be added which will 1) cause Effuse to generate a charge of SG and 2) cause SG to heal an additional person (semi-Vivify style). I guess the idea is to make both Effuse and SG more attractive to cast because right now noone is using them. I still think that the 2 second cast is clunky as heck.

When I try to use SG in a Raid setting, my target typically gets sniped to full (or almost full) by the other healers and then I keep having to cancel SG just before it goes off. Its mostly a waste of time.

Unless they change SG into a channeled spell or reduce its cast time, it will still remain clunky.
    Don't forget the 7.1.5 legendary to turn SG into Uplift.

I call this "just wing it until something works"
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by ahnzu View Post
    if you actually did you research, you would know there are 4 guilds in the top 20 that have a MW (prestige gaming, danish terrace, openness, fatsharkyes).
    ... and there are 20 out of 20 guilds that have rsham and hpala.

Star augur is actually unkillable without these two (and only them) atm due to beastly DPS and -dmg or +HPpool raid CD requirements.
    Elisande is another healer squish fight (2 or 3 healers), and guess what two classes will be in EVERY top~50 kills (with, maybe, 1 or 2 exceptions)?

Shammies actually has 3 defensive CD's (ankh totem for +10%hp for 30 damn seconds that is also a battle-res that is off-battlerez-cd, SLT for -10% dmg, and GotQ for targeted +10%hp), as well as Guidance that does 7-9m healing per *smart* use, and H-tide for 14~18m. Oh yes, they have resurgence that results in ~80-140k passive mana return per minute at nighthold gear levels. And almost forgot, mass sprint totem or personal cast while moving ability.
    Hpalas have versatile CD, that can be pure healing or defensive, best single-target healing and mediocre aoe healing, best DPS out of healing classes, and unlimited mana, as well as BoP.

Mistweavers... you have revival with 10-12m healing, lul, cocoon for 1.2m, good AoE mana-costy healing, great single target hps with the excuse of bringing you OOM in under 2 minutes... And "active" talented manareturn which requires you to stand in melee, wastes GCD's and never gives more mana than Resurgence in any timeframe. Even if you're fistweaving for the whole fight, doing crap hps. Eat that.

Why all of this whining? You can say that MW will do good in semi-hc and casual guild, but it's still there - MW's are shit while compared to the healing kings of legion - rshammies and hpalas. They're not "balanced" in any way. You can be better that bad shaman, but you will never take his spot at similar gear/skill. Same goes for hpala. And even after these two, you can't compete with same skill and gear rdruids hps-wise unless being fed innervates. So prepare to fight with priests for that 4-th healer spot that is not present on some bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Healer balance and diversity is pretty good right now.
    p.s. Waiting for bracers/new trait nerf on ptr now.
    Last edited by EVB; 2017-02-04 at 10:21 PM.

Lots of guilds have mistweavers, whether they have them in for cutting edge progression world 1st kills is another story. Can you link me a world 1st kill in the past 3 years with a mistweaver?
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Lots of guilds have mistweavers, whether they have them in for cutting edge progression world 1st kills is another story. Can you link me a world 1st kill in the past 3 years with a mistweaver?
    how is past records relevant to this discussion at all?
    "cutting edge" i would say is anything in top 20, hell even top 40-50. yes, some guilds may not have a mw but there are those with one, and so far the logged proof is that mws can heal 7/10 out of the fights currently on mythic nh. some have been switched out on krosus, some have not. currently guilds don't have the sufficient gear in order to 3/4 heal star augur.

how is past records relevant to this discussion at all?
    "cutting edge" i would say is anything in top 20, hell even top 40-50. yes, some guilds may not have a mw but there are those with one, and so far the logged proof is that mws can heal 7/10 out of the fights currently on mythic nh. some have been switched out on krosus, some have not. currently guilds don't have the sufficient gear in order to 3/4 heal star augur.
    The overall theme of this conversation is mw viability now and in the past, so that we can be competitive in the future. as of right now guilds dont bring mistweavers for world 1st kills. As a mistweaver that just feels wrong.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2017-02-05 at 12:49 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

The overall theme of this conversation is mw viability now and in the past, so that we can be competitive in the future. as of right now guilds dont bring mistweavers for world 1st kills. As a mistweaver that just feels wrong.
    why is world 1sts relevant to you? i've already proven that mistweavers are brought to and can compete in the overall high-end progression currently in mythic nighthold.

why is world 1sts relevant to you? i've already proven that mistweavers are brought to and can compete in the overall high-end progression currently in mythic nighthold.
    thats not what i said though that's what the other guy said. my concern is world 1sts. i have never seen a mw in a world 1st kill.
    Mistweaver Monk |

7+ Year Old Account
    thats not what i said though that's what the other guy said. my concern is world 1sts. i have never seen a mw in a world 1st kill.
    All of MoP? Excluding Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkl View Post
    All of MoP? Excluding Garrosh.
    I specifically left out mop and said last 3 years. That's where I am asking
    Mistweaver Monk |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVB View Post
    ... and there are 20 out of 20 guilds that have rsham and hpala.

Star augur is actually unkillable without these two (and only them) atm due to beastly DPS and -dmg or +HPpool raid CD requirements.
    Elisande is another healer squish fight (2 or 3 healers), and guess what two classes will be in EVERY top~50 kills (with, maybe, 1 or 2 exceptions)?

Shammies actually has 3 defensive CD's (ankh totem for +10%hp for 30 damn seconds that is also a battle-res that is off-battlerez-cd, SLT for -10% dmg, and GotQ for targeted +10%hp), as well as Guidance that does 7-9m healing per *smart* use, and H-tide for 14~18m. Oh yes, they have resurgence that results in ~80-140k passive mana return per minute at nighthold gear levels. And almost forgot, mass sprint totem or personal cast while moving ability.
    Hpalas have versatile CD, that can be pure healing or defensive, best single-target healing and mediocre aoe healing, best DPS out of healing classes, and unlimited mana, as well as BoP.
    Stacking % hp buffs is only really relevant dependenting on your strat. If you kill the first add, the strength of shaman goes down compared to a class like disc priest.

There are plenty of guilds that are very close to kills using something other than shaman/paladin. That will obviously be the meta comp for most guilds, but it's not like it's the only viable comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Stacking % hp buffs is only really relevant dependenting on your strat. If you kill the first add, the strength of shaman goes down compared to a class like disc priest.
    Raw damage of add's AoE on mythic (Witness the Void buff adds +200% dmg on mythic):
    1st cast 950*1=950k
    2nd cast: 950*3=2850k
    3rd cast: 950*5=4750k
    4rd cast: 950*7=6650k
    5rd cast: 950*9=8550k

Zerg strategy means boss dies before 6th cast while 5th is survivable only by Darkness procs and personal immune abilities/BoP.

First add killling strategy (like, forexample, Method did) allows you to kill the boss between 4th and 5th casts of 2nd mob. But it makes raid damage very heavy due to voidburst stack AND you still need to CD the 3th and 4th oneshot casts that will never be outgeared unless boss being nerfed, and revival, hymn or tranq is meh here. Disc will do things here, yes.... only when fed by moonkins. Otherwise he'll be dry half into the phase, thanks to voidburst.
    MW's/druids/hpriests on augur? Forget about it. Maybe in 910+.
    Last edited by EVB; 2017-02-05 at 05:37 AM.

if MWs not being represented in world first kills makes them unplayable for you, you are free to reroll shaman/paladin like I tried to do, but at the end of the day (imo) an average shaman/paladin is a bigger detriment to the raid than a really good MW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVB View Post
    Raw damage of add's AoE on mythic (Witness the Void buff adds +200% dmg on mythic):
    1st cast 950*1=950k
    2nd cast: 950*3=2850k
    3rd cast: 950*5=4750k
    4rd cast: 950*7=6650k
    5rd cast: 950*9=8550k

Zerg strategy means boss dies before 6th cast while 5th is survivable only by Darkness procs and personal immune abilities/BoP.

First add killling strategy (like, forexample, Method did) allows you to kill the boss between 4th and 5th casts of 2nd mob. But it makes raid damage very heavy due to voidburst stack AND you still need to CD the 3th and 4th oneshot casts that will never be outgeared unless boss being nerfed, and revival, hymn or tranq is meh here. Disc will do things here, yes.... only when fed by moonkins. Otherwise he'll be dry half into the phase, thanks to voidburst.
    MW's/druids/hpriests on augur? Forget about it. Maybe in 910+.
    I already know of all this. The biggest reason why specs like druid/monk/hpriest are "unviable" is due to a lack of a dr cd. You could still easily get around this with devo aura though, but it so far, FAR weaker than a barrier or slt.

7+ Year Old Account
    In WoW healers are not only healers but fill the role of supports as well.

The reason mistweaver unviable is because mw is just a healer not a support.

if MWs not being represented in world first kills makes them unplayable for you, you are free to reroll shaman/paladin like I tried to do, but at the end of the day (imo) an average shaman/paladin is a bigger detriment to the raid than a really good MW
    Why do you keep comparing "good MW" with "average X" ?

Ofcourse, a better player will always be better.