15+ Year Old Account
    Fuuka 06 - wow he gave her a bandaid when she had a cut, they're soulmates wew

Not really liking this that much, it's very cliched and it doesn't use any of the cliches well at all.

btw for anyone playing Fire Emblem Heroes, my id is 3830591144. I finally managed to get an account with a 5* Lucina, with a bonus 5* Marth. And funnily enough I rolled a 5* Hector in my next five roll.

OPM manga 71 hyyype

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    So, I want to start watching something short and funny/comfy/lighthearted or at least not as serious as the stuff I watched recently and so far it's between the first season of Aria and Tatami Galaxy. Any suggestions?
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/8630/Hidan_no_Aria this one right?

The anime ending was laughably bad. The manga ending was much better though it wasn't quite perfect either. The big problem with Erased is that the ending to the story is not actually the part that is most interesting. After Kayo had been secured and the identity of the killer was known the story had lost its two big focal points that were basically all that mattered. Everything after that just felt "not as important" in comparison, though it was still good.

As much as I looked forward to the anime every week, I also dreaded it because I knew how many episodes it was scheduled for and what was yet to come since I was reading the manga as well and at some point when they went anime original the whole thing just tipped. It was a real shame.
    To be fair, that's true about almost every mystery story.

Once the mystery is solved, that's really the end of the major plot element, like you said. The rest is just extra pretty much, or at least in Erased's case, trying to get Yashiro in jail. Granted, I think they could have stretched it out a bit more and added more depth to it, since it DID feel pretty basic, but I wouldn't have gone as far to call it laughably bad. I save laughably bad for Soul Eater's ending, for the manga specifically.

So, I want to start watching something short and funny/comfy/lighthearted or at least not as serious as the stuff I watched recently and so far it's between the first season of Aria and Tatami Galaxy. Any suggestions?
    Tatami Galaxy looks infinitely better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say go for Aria as it's extremely comfy and light-hearted, It is however extremely slow, so binging Aria is not something most people can do.

also, I'd say it's a 50% chance that you will be able to stand President Aria.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2017-02-04 at 07:02 PM.

I can't agree with that. The anime ending was a disgrace for the story. It was rushed, completely unlike the rest of the story and much too silly for it was. The way Satoru smiles at Yashiro after hell fell off the roof in what was a completely impractical situation was just retarded.

The manga handled the ending in a much better, more believable way and I will always think that the anime ending is fucking terrible. It's beyond me how everyone else just handwaves the entire thing especially considering how absolutely amazing the adaptation was handled before that. I loved the show until it went anime original.
    I'll have to read the manga then (Feels like backwards land when I have to say that, usually it's the other way around), but I didn't really see much issue with the smile. To me, it came off as a "Haha, you thought you weren't going to be caught" type of thing. If anything, I thought it was stranger that Yashiro suddenly "needed" Satoru. The explanation was literally like, 5 seconds long. "Oh, I killed hamsters and one didn't die, and I was obsessed with it. Now you are hamster to me. I'm not handwaving it though, I enjoy the way it was done overall. I'm not saying "Well yeah, it was pretty bad, but that's okay", because that would be handwaving.

I will give the manga a shot though from the start, since I'm usually in agreement with your opinions aside from a few oddities here and there (Space Patrol/Flip Flappers comes to mind), and even then, it's just a minor difference, so I'm interested to find out how the manga handled it. I'll probably be back in a few days agreeing, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-02-04 at 08:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tatami Galaxy is probably the better choice in this scenario. That said I wouldn't call it comfy: the narrator talks very quickly and the plot is more thrilling/surreal rather than lighthearted. It's still a great show and if you're looking for a short one I'd definitely suggest it.

Aria is pretty slow and certainly more comfy, but it's also very long and shouldn't be consumed at a fast pace.

I didn't really mean to invalidate your opinion or anything. I'm honestly just still frustrated because of how the anime ended and how most people in here dealt with it. Most of the other people in here though the anime ending wasn't that bad or actually fairly good, but I just couldn't accept that.

Erased was a bit of a special thing in here since most of us enjoyed it really much from what I remember (I actually can't think of anyone that didn't like it, to be honest). I just really enjoyed the show week after week and the manga for chapter after chapter when I picked it up as the show was still airing. It's just that, with each new episode, I started to dread the next one even more because I knew how much content was still left and how little time the anime had left.

I guess I'm just really bummed out by how it went since I read the manga ending first.
    That's totally fair, and I didn't take it that way! Although I thought that's what this thread is suppose to be about, invalidating each other's opinions!

I get that feeling, it's similar to how I feel when I rarely hear someone say they enjoyed the Black Cat anime.

THAT was a real trash tier ending in my opinion. Holy jesus, it's like they took the manga and just burned it. Like I said, I'll definitely give the manga a go when I find it somewhere though. Based on how you're reacting about this, I imagine I'm going to find myself very disappointed also in the anime's ending.

The manga handled the ending in a much better, more believable way and I will always think that the anime ending is fucking terrible. It's beyond me how everyone else just handwaves the entire thing especially considering how absolutely amazing the adaptation was handled before that. I loved the show until it went anime original.
    I can't agree with this. Personally, I think the ending of both the manga and the anime were shit, and not just because the pacing issues and the draw of the story passing well before the ending. I hand-waved the anime ending because I felt, while it was also terrible, it wasn't as convoluted and unbelievable as the manga.

I didn't really mean to invalidate your opinion or anything. I'm honestly just still frustrated because of how the anime ended and how most people in here dealt with it. Most of the other people in here though the anime ending wasn't that bad or actually fairly good, but I just couldn't accept that.
    I'm not sure how my reading the manga before the episodes aired affected my enjoyment of the last stretch. I know a few people actually liked the ending (I think Hemo was one of them). I don't know if my reading the ending before watching it affected my opinion of either, but I feel as though I would've liked the anime ending more than I do (which isn't much) if I hadn't had any expectations from reading the manga first.

Personally, I thought the manga ending was fucking stupid. I mean, the anime ending was a stretch, but the manga required such an extent of suspension of disbelief that I couldn't help but roll my eyes over the whole setup. The only good part of the manga ending was the final standoff; how they got there was just retarded.

It's just that, with each new episode, I started to dread the next one even more because I knew how much content was still left and how little time the anime had left.
    I think this is what killed the anime for me. The dread that they were going to fuck it up somehow made it really hard to enjoy towards the end. Even without the manga influencing, there was the second-to-last episode's "cliffhanger" that was just really poorly done and I know people that didn't even read the manga that were like "that was fucking dumb."

The show's true flaw was not enough Airi.

Also @Artorius, there is a new chapter of Chihaya out, haven't found a translation yet though.

10+ Year Old Account
    AnoNatsu is comfy, though it's still drama-ish, mainly towards the end. More of an AnoHana feel.

Arakawa Under the Bridge is Shaft comfy. Bunch of homeless people who live under a bridge and do nothing with their lives.

Gochuumon is cute girls doing cute things with coffee.

Looks like you haven't seen Tamako Love Story, which is the definition of comfy.

Or you could keep watching Genshiken. That's more warm and fuzzy, like you belong type feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep watching? I never even started that.
    Weird. Didn't see Genshiken S1 on the list of anime that aren't shared, so I assumed you started it. If not you should.

Deleted
    So since the second half of last Youjo Senki episode went beyond what had already been translated I've no idea how much it screwed the novel up, and as such I can with clear heart say: that was freaking awesome.

Lalatina best girl.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Lalatina best girl.
    [IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/7931c2ac194f80131fb12242f98930ee/tumblr_okqb1gFrFh1t0mexao1_540.gif[IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ga5Vp0F.gif[/MG]
    So cute <3

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    darkness is trash

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    darkness is boobs
    fixed that for you

btw no one posted the konosuba artbook? nsfw and probably spoilers http://imgur.com/a/k9LNM
    Last edited by bals; 2017-02-05 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why did they change it? I loved the first one. It's the Raise Your Flag situation all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Why did they change it? I loved the first one. It's the Raise Your Flag situation all over again.
    Its more fiting for a new chapter.
    Don't sweat the details!!!