Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    They can't find the dmg anywhere tho, less hardcore guilds can't stack execute/immunity classes. I won't be surprised if Augur lives for most guilds this week also. Those last % is tough as fuck
    one additional week of loot and he will fall like leaves in the autumn.

Right 8/10
    FsY 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So are Serenity, Method and From Scratch working on Gul'dan at the moment or are they taking a break?
    Serenity raided the whole day till late at night yesterday, same with Method, so i assume nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    Common misconception, skill level in 2005 was as good as it is now, it does not take years and years to learn a game and get good at it, the top players will always be really good not matter the time.

The average skill level of the normal player on the other hand is way higher today. also if the current raid fights in legion are cleared way faster because there are many forms to obtain the best gear, and multiple difficulties levels that reward a lot more than in vanilla, if there was only 1 difficulty of raiding and and alts were not viable for split runs progress would take a lot longer.
    No. It was not. Have you even seen kill videos? Top raiders wouldn't make it in heroic today. Top tier raiders standing in void zones, forgetting to flask, out of consumables, keyboard turning, delayed casts/attacks, clicking everything but 1-5 and more.

Also, nobody raided 24/7 in vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

World-first Ragnaros kill....clearly players were as skilled in 2005.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post

Such immersive gameplay, i wish raiding was still at this level so i could finish watching my tv series while getting world top kills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    Serenity will care, so saying that noone will care is just pure bullshit.
    Yeah, but no one else cares about sub-par, lower tier guilds like this that never manage to lift their game to WF-level. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Such immersive gameplay, i wish raiding was still at this level so i could finish watching my tv series while getting world top kills.
    Something important that many do not understand today.. Back then DPS meters as a measure of performance were not a thing.
    This was the case because first of all, resources were tight for all classes. Much like arcane plays today.
    And second because threat was a thing. You could go as high as your tanks threat would allow you.
    There was a hard roof for all classes and trying to dish out as much dmg as possible by being right below the tank in threat would probably cause your raid to wipe as bosses tended to be taunt-immune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Your character must have just been outside the video viewfield for the entire kill.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

I think the point of the video was, that a world first player didn't even have slice&dice on his bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post
    I mean clearly you are the one who does not understand it if you think that these guilds are full of 20 people decked out in full 905 ilvl gear. The legelndaries and artifact weapons increase your average ilvl. With every slot filled with a 905 + 2 legendaries and artifact weapon, and zero forged items you would be around 911 ilvl. Not too mention that guldan drops base 910 ilvl gear which could bring your ilvl even higher before warforge/titanforge.
    Math. Seriously start here: http://www.purplemath.com/. Once you reach about 6th grade, let me know and I can explain all of the concepts that would make it clear why even at 915 most guilds would be incapable of killing those bosses.

Hint: I said the exact same thing based on Helya progression, that it would be an underkilled boss and require nerfs because it's overtuned. My reasoning was EXACTLY the same, and it still remained fairly underkilled even with ~35->54 traits AND significant nerfs. The situation has shifted such that gear upgrades are much weaker by comparison to even that case, so as is fun to do with a room full of people who don't understand literally 6th grade math: there are at least 3 bosses in this instance that will require massive nerfs because they are actually unkillable for most guilds, regardless of their gear.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-02-05 at 12:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I think the point of the video was, that a world first player didn't even have slice&dice on his bars.
    and he was part clicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    I am sorry but the point you make is very misleading as you're trying to compare a WF today with a WF 12 years ago. Perhaps you did not play during those times so you cannot understand the context properly.

The so-called 'raid difficulty' and 'skill level' terms are all relative. Back in 2005, factors you today take for granted such as threat management, mana management, decent health pools for all players etc. were very different. Cloth classes had 2-3k health pools, threat was a constant problem (part of the reason Thunderfury was probably the best legendary ever), healers ran out of mana very quickly, add-ons were still at the beginning, flasks were practically never used as they disappeared on death, and so on and so forth. For the people in that video, Ragnaros was extremely hard and they were very proud to have killed him.

Guilds wiped for weeks to kill Ragnaros so it is very to assume that the raiders today are somewhat more skilful. However, "skill" does not grow on trees. The same players who played in 2005 might be playing in 2017 killing Gul'dan Mythic and they did NOT become "more skilful" as the game progressed. They were always skilful, but they adapted to the times accordingly.

That you are downplaying how hard vanilla or TBC was is a disservice to those who sweat blood and tears to kill those bosses. And it's not just about mechanics: the original Kel'Thuzad or Kael'Thas were complex bosses as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    and he was part clicker.
    Everyone was back in the days

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    one additional week of loot and he will fall like leaves in the autumn.
    thats what they said last week. since then we got what, 7 kills? And guilds got videos to know what works. the guilds that are like sub 5% will get a kill, but majority of 7/10 guilds arent that close, I dont think we will get more than 25-30 guilds with 8/10 after next reset

Deleted
    when does serenity and method start raiding today?

Right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Guess you never watched Peep Show.
    Peep show is bis you are right. Watched every episode about 100 times This video is 2nd funniest then
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Peep show is bis you are right. Watched every episode about 100 times This video is 2nd funniest then
    slacking around on mmo forums man oh man... you better be glad that sco doesn't have the balls that kuznam does or you would be kicked out of the guild this very moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Everyone was back in the days
    That's not true, i was a little noob back then, but even i knew you should bind your abilites because i played a lot of RPGs. I didn't have as many binds as i would eventually in like WotLK and still clicked 3+ minute long cds and mounts, but i knew that's important to have your kick on F, etc.