Need help with MW

I'm a pretty brand new to MW and healing in general. NH is the first time I've ever healed too boot. I have a few questions about how I'm doing in my logs and which trinkets to use. I'm currently running an 875 Etraeus' Celestial Map, 880 Brimewater: Slime in a Bottle with verse. I also have an 880 Heightened Senses and 890 Aluriel's Mirror. I figure Aluriel's Mirror is already out but not sure about which 2 to use out of other 3. I also have some logs that I hope someone can look at and tell me what I'm doing wrong/need to focus on more. Also my 2 legendaries I have are Prydaz and Unison Spaulders.

http: //us . battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Lil%C3%ADas/simple

www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/kPgNmYtTwHZ47fVq/#type=healing&fight=22

*sorry for not being able to post the full link new account*

Any information or pointers is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Asylinna; 2017-02-03 at 06:57 AM.

Bilgewater and Map for trinkets. And just quickly glancing at your logs Chi Burst should be 10%+ of your healing done on most fights, positioning is key and you should be synching your positioning and usage of it with some burst of raid damage. Way less Vivifys way more Essence Fonts. You only used Chi-Ji once and based on your Gust of Mists avg healing you have too much Mastery in your gear.

Thank you TeracottaMaid, I'll make sure to use Chi Burst a lot more, try to stear away from anymore mastery and work out planning Chi-Ji better

- You missed 20 Renewing Mist casts. Use it on CD, always.
    - You cast Vivify outside of Uplifting Trance procs and outside of TfT, don't.
    - Use TfT on Vivify most of the time (95%+)
    - Don't cast Effuse. It's not worth the GCD and mana, if you feel like you need a small single target heal, use Sheilun's Gift at low stacks instead, it's free.
    - You could easily fit another revival into that 6 min fight. Use it early in the fight simply to save mana, it's a cheap massive heal that you don't want to miss out on. (If your CDs are assigned, tell your healing officer to be more efficient with CD assignments.) Same goes for Chi-ji.
    -Use Chi Burst more often. It's basically worth casting on CD, unless you know it's worth delaying for a specific part of the fight.
    - You spend too much time channelling Soothing Mist.

Also have a look at:
    http://cranehealing.blogspot.ch/2016...tldr-raid.html

and the monk discord:
    https://discord.gg/vpWHeBg
    if you have more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Delek View Post
    Use TfT on Vivify most of the time (95%+)
    disagree completely.

i TFT ReM every single time.

I'd have to disagree with using TfT on ReM every time, simply because it's not sustainable from a mana perspective.
    If you are above the mana cap or you get fed a lot of innervates/Blessings of Wisdom you might very well use it on ReM, otherwise, not using it on Vivify will leave you mana starved.

I think the general monk consensus as well as theorycrafting agrees with this. Also check Geodew's spreadsheet (TFT tab more precisely):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=478095095

Feel free to let me know why you think TfT ReM is the way to go and how you manage to not run OOM doing so :-)

i think that putting too much emphasis on geodew's, who doesn't even play the game anymore iirc, spreadsheet is foolish when it's full of fallacies and mathematical assumptions which aren't conducive to actual raiding scenarios. for example, using my character's stats it suggests i should gear vers > crit, but i know (because i'm a good player) that w/ 4pc you want to gear crit > mastery > vers. obviously i should be using DoS but alas, to use 4pc i have to use cloak and i think 4pc > DoS right now.

as for why i think TFT rem is better? it grants so much more mobility to a spec which actually suffers with healing on the move quite a lot. while we are very mobile, when we are forced to heal while moving (trilliax, spellblade mythic, botanist etc) we're actually pretty bad at that and tft ReM changes that. i also think tft rem is 100% the way to go if you're playing with bracers (which i am) but it's not the sole reason.

as for how i don't go oom? our raid has 1 wisdom and 1 boomkin (i get the innervates) so that helps i guess but look at my high botanist mythic log and you can see that even the resto druid who has his own innervates or the resto shaman who gets big returns from resurgence are on par with what my mana looks like over the course of the fight. maybe i'm just playing super well and healing when stuff needs to be healed, but it's not like i'm skimping on healing at all.

ReM is so strong right now and it should be abused as much as possible.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-02-04 at 02:49 PM.

Precisely. While in your situation it does indeed make sense to use TFT ReM, don't assume that it should be the go to for everyone.

I can guarantee to you that people without BoW and Innervates will get better mileage and mana longevity out of TfT Vivify. I also believe it to be the better advice for someone just starting to play a MW, since they will be less efficient in healing and having more mana available will do them better.

So while I don't disagree with what you are saying, I don't think it is good advice to give to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    it suggests i should gear vers > crit, but i know (because i'm a good player) that w/ 4pc you want to gear crit > mastery > vers.
    That's kinda fun because the log you linked proves you're wrong. Loosing 1000 mastery would cost you only about 10% of your gust of mists healing (going from 330% sp to 300% sp). 10% from 13% of your total healing, anyone can see where we are heading...

because putting this 1000 budget in vers would increase it from 11.85% to 14%, so a 1.14/1.1185 = about 1.9% increase of versatility effect on all healing...

now (341M-0.1*44.4)*1.14/1.1185 = 343M.

Vers wins.

-snip-
    Geodew is keeping his sheet updated, and there are others theorycrafters working on it.

You're just being more conservative with your mana, if you spam TFT-Rem, and still don't go oom. Which should result in less EF/Vivifies, and that's not a good thing.

i think that putting too much emphasis on geodew's, who doesn't even play the game anymore iirc, spreadsheet is foolish when it's full of fallacies and mathematical assumptions which aren't conducive to actual raiding scenarios. for example, using my character's stats it suggests i should gear vers > crit, but i know (because i'm a good player) that w/ 4pc you want to gear crit > mastery > vers.

ReM is so strong right now and it should be abused as much as possible.
    Hey, I've seen you say this in a few threads and I'm just curious if there's any math to back up the crit>mastery priority you seem to go by. I'm not doubting it works for you, but I'm very interested if this is something that I can move into (o just got the 4 set) or if it's very situation specific. ie. as you mentioned getting wisdom and innervates

Quote Originally Posted by briggz View Post
    Hey, I've seen you say this in a few threads and I'm just curious if there's any math to back up the crit>mastery priority you seem to go by. I'm not doubting it works for you, but I'm very interested if this is something that I can move into (o just got the 4 set) or if it's very situation specific. ie. as you mentioned getting wisdom and innervates
    it's certainly how you should play in NH mythic because the majority of difficult NH mythic encounters are not privy or lenient to an EF spam playstyle. Tichondrius, Spellblade, Augur (lul), trilliax, and i would hazard gul'dan probably favour a heavy lifecycles playstyle over pure EF spam playstyle. EF should obviously be used where possible because it's nuts but the 8 second EF HoT gives great potential for vivify/envelop to dominate your healing arsenal.

AFAIK the new MW spreadsheet is a WIP and the genius' behind it are currently using logs from mythic kills to generate proper stat weights, but browsing the majority of well progressed MWs displays a clear push towards crit > mastery as a priority. right now it is 100% feels>reals which i appreciate doesn't go far, but the anecdotal evidence from plenty of mythic progressing MWs should be taken into consideration.

i would say your best bet is to have 2 sets of gear. crit > vers for fights such as skorpyron, krosus, high botanist (arguable), and elisande where EF will be the predominant method and breakdown of healing, however there are plenty of fights where you should have a crit > mastery set because EF is just not a favourable heal (for a variety of reasons).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Geodew is keeping his sheet updated, and there are others theorycrafters working on it.

You're just being more conservative with your mana, if you spam TFT-Rem, and still don't go oom. Which should result in less EF/Vivifies, and that's not a good thing.
    my rank 1 hps on high botanist disagrees i play conservatively, especially when i beat MWs who intentionally pad ^^

Deleted
    MW is one of the worts heals in Legion..

my rank 1 hps on high botanist disagrees i play conservatively, especially when i beat MWs who intentionally pad ^^
    >maxes mastery as second stat
    >bragging about beating MWs who intent pad

and the most important

>healers ranking :thinking:
    Last edited by Tiphess; 2017-02-05 at 04:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think as well something you missed is that since mastery benefits Rem using more Rem would make mastery a lot better. the problem is that mastery doesn't help viv a lot. its useful and helps, but vers comes out head with the cleave of it. if your using Tft>Rem, mastery will benfit you more, expecaly with the tir peace.

i know for my self that mastery is slightly behind vers, but thats becouse i am not use to healing at all. (i was a tank till the mw belt droped for me, so i switched and have been enjoying it alot more) since im not use to healing ill go oom if i dont Tft viv later in the fight, but thats something im working on.

I gess what im saying is that thanks for showing me that i was right about something.