Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Somehow Navalny being convicted in your seconds article didn't stop him from trying to go for President next time around... so much for intimidation.

His case was even sent to re-trial after his appeal to European courts succeeded and Russian courts actually listened...
    Like I said, he asked for a list, I provided some names.

10+ Year Old Account
    right-wingers generally go with whatever works toward their goals even if not 100% morally right
    The GOP party platform causes mass harm to US citizens, and that is just what they're willing to broadcast publicly.

Just imagine what they're saying to each other behind closed doors.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    There is only one way to show that you're not all selfconcerned anymore, willing to solve problems together and take others' interests into consideration.
    Because clearly that is what Trump is known for, right? Willing to solve problems and taking others interests into consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Considering Pakistan has about half of Russias military strength (going by military strength index), i doubt the region as a whole is behind Russia.
    Pakistani military strategy has one enemy in mind - India. Everything Pakistan has is to ensure India cannot bully them into solving their territorial disputes on India's terms. All of that boils to the fact that India has a lot more stuff, and a lot more modern too, so yeah, Pakistan got to have a lot too.

That also means that their military is not prepared to be flexible and conduct complicated expeditionary operations.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Considering Pakistan has about half of Russias military strength (going by military strength index), i doubt the region as a whole is behind Russia.
    Other then strength you also need desire and capability for acting abroad, something which Pakistan doesn't seem to possess and Russia has demonstrated for last year.

Getting help from one is also not mutually exclusive with getting help from another.

The more forces you bring toward problem, the faster it gets resolved.

15+ Year Old Account
    Other then strength you also need desire and capability for acting abroad, something which Pakistan doesn't seem to possess and Russia has demonstrated for last year.

Getting help from one is also not mutually exclusive with getting help from another.

The more forces you bring toward problem, the faster it gets resolved.
    Considering the US has access to 8 pakistani military bases doesn´t show lack of desire if you ask me. But hey, sure trump totally is for building friendships and relations, i mean except for countries he banned people from entering the US and trade partners, but aside of those few he is working towards solving something maybe sometimes.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No, its more like it's pathetic that Trump defends Russia by shit talking the US and you and your ilk fall over yourselves to defend him.
    soo.. talking the truth is shit talking now? Trump is an idiot, and Putin is a killer. but in this instance Trump is right.

Because clearly that is what Trump is known for, right? Willing to solve problems and taking others interests into consideration.
    Well, he looks to be a pragmatic human being. Being pragmatic as a president of US right now hits you with one thing: you have a shitton of problems, too much for your country to handle on your own. He is also very much concerned about internal situation first so he needs way to handle external stuff without losing everything completely. The way situation pans out right now (as of end of Obama term) US is to lose all of their influence and allies in the Middle East. He basically needs someone to do the job for him, someone resourceful enough to be able to meet the terms of his allies in the region.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

American media is an enemy and Putin is not.

Trump America.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

None of the people in the first article have any relation to politics, aswell as russian opposition. Navalny is not dead, he's also Putin's pet puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have no problem condemning the actions of my country, and I do it quite often. I like to be logically consistent. Personally, I think indiscriminately bombing women and children is a bad thing, regardless of the country or people doing it.

Russia is being shit talked, because they are doing some pretty shitty things. Not only are they trying to ostracize gay people in their country, but their bombing campaign in Syria is fucking terrible. Their leader has been in power for nearly two decades, and they continuously try to censor the media and restrict free speech. There's also the sudden fates that befall many of those who speak out against Putin. Now, Russia is not the only authoritarian regime, but they are one of the biggest.

Trump was straight up trying to defend his support for Putin. His defense was basically saying that lots of people are bad, so it's fine to admire him. That sets a pretty fucking low bar for what is deemed admirable.
    Russia is one of the biggest authoritarian regimes? Biggest how? Geographically? Because if we let's say compare how President is elected in Russia and the US Russia seems more democratic. In Russia there is no reverse discrimination, in fact, most people don't care about race at all, aND it's no wonder- more than 100 different nations make up Russia and they learned to coexist peacefully. Cops in Russia don't shoot you because you make a quick move to your pocket. Healthcare is free, it isn't top notch maybe, but it's free and you can always go to private medical institution if you have money.
    Gays are not ostracized, they just don't get to shove their homosexuality in other peoples faces, which is a good thing.
    Oh and political talk shows are actually very dynamic, people are allowed to speak their mind even on state TV. They invite political experts from Ukraine USA and Poland where they openly express their dislike for our system, often in no polite words, but for example Russian experts are never invited to speak in Ukraine.

So be careful calling Russia authoritarian, there are countries much worse in this respect, and I mean some 1st world countries, not Somalia

Considering the US has access to 8 pakistani military bases doesn´t show lack of desire if you ask me. But hey, sure trump totally is for building friendships and relations, i mean except for countries he banned people from entering the US and trade partners, but aside of those few he is working towards solving something maybe sometimes.
    He wants to destroy ISIS, is there ISIS in Pakistan?

US military alone + locals - check how re-taking of Mosul is going. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37702442
    100 days and they captured half of it, and they had to add a lot more of US forces on the ground because local Iraqi ones were close to useless...

Meanwhile Russia finished with Aleppo already.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Russia is one of the biggest authoritarian regimes? Biggest how? Geographically? Because if we let's say compare how President is elected in Russia and the US Russia seems more democratic. In Russia there is no reverse discrimination, in fact, most people don't care about race at all, aND it's no wonder- more than 100 different nations make up Russia and they learned to coexist peacefully. Cops in Russia don't shoot you because you make a quick move to your pocket. Healthcare is free, it isn't top notch maybe, but it's free and you can always go to private medical institution if you have money.
    Gays are not ostracized, they just don't get to shove their homosexuality in other peoples faces, which is a good thing.
    Oh and political talk shows are actually very dynamic, people are allowed to speak their mind even on state TV. They invite political experts from Ukraine USA and Poland where they openly express their dislike for our system, often in no polite words, but for example Russian experts are never invited to speak in Ukraine.

So be careful calling Russia authoritarian, there are countries much worse in this respect, and I mean some 1st world countries, not Somalia
    Well, Trump is a miracle worker.

He turned Repubs into staunch Communists.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2017-02-05 at 03:42 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    Drumpf is just taking a page out of his retarded supporters' handbook:
    If the US has done anything in the past, then it's ok for the US and any other country to do it in the future.

I see it on these forums ALL the fucking time.
    funny if I would have called Obama supporters retarded I would get infracted.

MMOC mods turning GEN OT into a far left echo chamber more and more everyday.

#justavictimcomplex
    Last edited by stabetha; 2017-02-05 at 03:34 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    and the Obama supporters would be defending it.
    ROFLMAO, I wouldn't be the sad thing Obama had a lot of flaws conservatives though felt the need to make shit up to attack him.

None of the people in the first article have any relation to politics, aswell as russian opposition. Navalny is not dead, he's also Putin's pet puppy.
    So none of those people opposed Putin politically? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The murder of political opponents? Well I dunno about you but I've not heard of her ordering assassinations of her political opponents.
    Would have been nice if she ordered an assassination on the satsuma that beat her though...

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post

It's an authoritarian regime, and it is on the word stage. I is physically the largest, and one of the most populous. It is not one of the most oppressive, but is certainly not very free.

Gay people are ostracized, and there's actual legislation to back up my claims. I'm not sure how that is even in question.

Corruption in Russia is rampant, and extends through every level of government.

If you don't believe me, feel free to reference these sources.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...index-2016.pdf

https://freedomhouse.org/report/free...YXgaAle98P8HAQ

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

On the topic of LGBT treatment, here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Russia

Not only is it a very homophobic society, but it is actually trending more homophobic, which should raise alarm bells.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-02-05 at 03:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    He wants to destroy ISIS, is there ISIS in Pakistan?
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ed-khan-killed

US military alone + locals - check how re-taking of Mosul is going. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37702442
    100 days and they captured half of it, and they had to add a lot more of US forces on the ground because local Iraqi ones were close to useless...

Meanwhile Russia finished with Aleppo already.
    Is this glimpse of the whole picture supposed to show something?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, he looks to be a pragmatic human being. Being pragmatic as a president of US right now hits you with one thing: you have a shitton of problems, too much for your country to handle on your own. He is also very much concerned about internal situation first so he needs way to handle external stuff without losing everything completely. The way situation pans out right now (as of end of Obama term) US is to lose all of their influence and allies in the Middle East. He basically needs someone to do the job for him, someone resourceful enough to be able to meet the terms of his allies in the region.
    Ok either you don´t know the word pragmatic or you have a very weird definition of it. Trump is pretty much the opposite of pragmatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It's easy to get shit done when you give less than zero fucks about civilian casualties.
    Or you actually bomb terrorists and not support them