Poll: Will Jaraxxus return?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkeC9WVVsQ4

- - - Updated - - -

bah someone just poste it before me D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I just can't read this with a normal voice. I just can't...
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    It was me, and if you go back and read the post you're quoting from you'll see I was totally right on everything else.

Demon Hunters never made sense to be playable classes and shouldn't have been. I predicted even then that if they DID do it, it would be by miraculously finding a big prison full of them that explained why none of them had existed up to this point and had never done anything because it's the only way they could justify their completely nonexistence all these years.
    How did they not make sense to be playable in an expansion centered about fighting the Burning Legion? Where the Burning Legion are so strong to the point they almost decimated the Horde and the Alliance forces on the Broken Shore, and some demons had already infiltrated inside both factions even. It's like saying DKs didn't make sense in WoTLK, but which class would make sense then since DH does not in your opinion? (inbefore Tinker cause yeah an engineering class is useful against the biggest demonic invasion on Azeroth and would make alot of sense).

I also said there is no way in this world that two classes would have metamorphosis at the same time and Demon Hunters would 100% absolutely have to have it. I just never believed blizzard would fuck warlocks so hard as to remove a class defining feature from them just to shoehorn the fanboi class in. I honestly did not believe they would do it, but I knew demon hunters wouldnt exist as long as warlocks had meta.
    Actually not so fucked. Only demo spec had meta and honestly Blizz should've never allowed warlocks to turn into a demon, the entire idea of demo (or Warlock class) is basically a summoner type of class, think like a necromancer but with demons instead of zombies. They're about enslaving demons not turning into one and adding meta into them was a mistake.

I was wrong because I overestimated blizzard's integrity. I didn't realize they'd fall as low as they have. Saying "oh we're gonna just release all these demon hunters to help us LULZ" is a piss poor excuse to having them suddenly reappear. The world has been threatened countless times by even bigger threats before. Death Wing went around mass murdering people and wrecking the geography of the world with his very presence but the wardens just kicked their feet up on their office desks reading the newspaper and not caring one bit about how demon hunters could've helped.
    The Burning Legion is a bigger threat than Deathwing. Their first invasion is what caused the world to be what it is today, and this time their forces are much bigger than their forces during the first invasion. Deathwing may have change the geography on Azeroth but the Burning Legion not only changed geographies on countless worlds but also decimated their entire population, to the point where the worlds became barren waste. Also Cataclysm wasn't the best expansion in either story nor lore.

It's all just poorly written and nonsensical. Every point I mentioned in that thread was addressed. Every single one. Poorly addressed I should say.
    How exactly is it nonsensical and poorly written? You sound salty tbh.

And all the problems I predicted adding demon hunters to the game happened. Too many melee, stepping on the toes of rogues (they even took this to an extra "fuck you" level by giving them the ability to see stealthed targets), vandalizing warlocks, and so on.
    Probably the one thing I agree with you is that there are too many melees atm. Also they're hardly stepping on rogues, they can see stealthed target by a mere 10 sec but you forget that their speed is very slow during that time, and the ability has a long cd + any decent rogue or druid in pvp would know how to counter it. I myself main a rogue and a DH and I have never lost to a DH in duels or wpvp or wherever 1v1 on my rogue.

Was a bad choice on their part. It's the equivalent to anime that might otherwise have a decent story but you can't get past all the fan service bullshit and stupidity to enjoy it. Devs essentially even said they dont care if it doesn't make sense, they just wanted to add them "because they are cool". At that point what can you do? It's like trying to argue the logic and science of superheroes when there simply isn't any involved.
    Except Legion actually has a decent story compared to previous expansions and the fan service is just a bonus to an already good expansion. Sure it has it's flaws but DH is one of the positives not the negatives of this expansion. Also where did the Devs say that? Oh and it's a fantasy game with people turning into animals and communing with nature or Warrios who wear full heavy plate armor and dual wield 2 greatswords and can still swim and leap into the air. Logic and science doesn't apply to it.

Also there's the whole "a broken clock is right twice a day" idea. People said Demon Hunters were coming for literally every single expansion since release. They were wrong every time, just happened to be right this once. That really isn't something to be proud of. I'll day by 5 out of 6 times I was correct over being right 1 in 6 any day.
    People also said Tinkers and Bards would be the next class for literally every expansion since release, and they were wrong and are still wrong. 1/6 is better than never. Besides DH was a possibility since Vanilla, if you go and look inside the Vanilla box you'll see an image of a DH.
    Last edited by Nirathiel; 2017-02-05 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkeC9WVVsQ4

- - - Updated - - -

bah someone just poste it before me D:
    Ah, I forgot about this existing. Good god this is great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I want to finally see him playing a flesh trombone.
    This guy has some specific tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Not gonna repeat what everyone has said already but he is probably just gonna be a named mob for a quest at the broken shore, I imagine the Legion's Fall reputation shit is going to be a lot of "kill this and that named demon"

Deleted
    I remember those complaining about Jaraxxus. It met them before. In the mountains.
    We need him back, as world boss, where everyone gets shapeshifted into trifling gnome warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Not gonna repeat what everyone has said already but he is probably just gonna be a named mob for a quest at the broken shore, I imagine the Legion's Fall reputation shit is going to be a lot of "kill this and that named demon"
    As long as he goes "You face Lord Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion" when pulled I'll die happy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Brutallus is world boss on the Broken Shore. I think Jaraxxus (Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion) will fit well as world boss on Argus. It will probably be a joke fight in many ways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Don't know if you're aware, but one of the quotes from the Lord Jaraxxus fight in Trial of the Crusader is "Flesh from bone!". Listen to this.
    Maybe so. But once you hear "flesh trombone", you can never un-hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    Stuff
    Legion has attacked Azeroth what.. 4, 5 times now? They failed every single time.

Current legion attack, what has it done? Well... They just sort of occupy an island in the middle of the ocean. That's basically it. And on that island how much of it actually has demons on it? There really aren't that many demons even on the broken isles, especially relative to everything else living there. They really haven't accomplished anything at all during their entire "invasion".

Meanwhile Deathwing scarred the entire fucking planet. He destroyed entire cities, not even by TRYING, just by happening to fly over them. He ruined entire zones with devastation. Deathwing also had the ability to cause a second cataclysm which he tries to use as you're fighting him, finishing the job he started, and destroying the world.

You think the LEGION is more of a threat than Deathwing? Seriously? Legion has sucked and died every single time they bebop over to our world. Even their "massive invasion" on the broken isles hasn't amounted to a hill of beans. Deathwing actually caused widespread devastation and had the means to end the world. Deathwing took the combined power of the most powerful beings in the world to defeat. All this legion shit is killed by... Just a handful of asshole "heroes" which NEEDED those most powerful beings in the world to help them when they fought deathwing.

Deathwing was the biggest threat the world has ever seen. Only thing that could be worse is sargeras himself, nothing else comes close. Think about how many thousands of those shitty little demons you've already killed and how meaningless they are out on those zones. You remember what happened with Deathwing came into a zone? YOU DIED. Everyone and everything died, bathed in flame. There was no fighting back, there was no running away, there was no surviving, everyone and everything there died instantly under the shadow of Deathwing.

Don't even compare the power between them.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2017-02-05 at 10:06 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Don't know if you're aware, but one of the quotes from the Lord Jaraxxus fight in Trial of the Crusader is "Flesh from bone!". Listen to this.
    Very aware of what a flesh trombone is... still sick to want to see a demon performing said action

also: EREDAR LORD OF THE TRIFLING GNOME!!!

Legion has attacked Azeroth what.. 4, 5 times now? They failed every single time.

Current legion attack, what has it done? Well... They just sort of occupy an island in the middle of the ocean. That's basically it. And on that island how much of it actually has demons on it? There really aren't that many demons even on the broken isles, especially relative to everything else living there. They really haven't accomplished anything at all during their entire "invasion".

Meanwhile Deathwing scarred the entire fucking planet. He destroyed entire cities, not even by TRYING, just by happening to fly over them. He ruined entire zones with devastation. Deathwing also had the ability to cause a second cataclysm which he tries to use as you're fighting him, finishing the job he started, and destroying the world.

You think the LEGION is more of a threat than Deathwing? Seriously? Legion has sucked and died every single time they bebop over to our world. Even their "massive invasion" on the broken isles hasn't amounted to a hill of beans. Deathwing actually caused widespread devastation and had the means to end the world. Deathwing took the combined power of the most powerful beings in the world to defeat. All this legion shit is killed by... Just a handful of asshole "heroes" which NEEDED those most powerful beings in the world to help them when they fought deathwing.

Deathwing was the biggest threat the world has ever seen. Only thing that could be worse is sargeras himself, nothing else comes close. Think about how many thousands of those shitty little demons you've already killed and how meaningless they are out on those zones. You remember what happened with Deathwing came into a zone? YOU DIED. Everyone and everything died, bathed in flame. There was no fighting back, there was no running away, there was no surviving, everyone and everything there died instantly under the shadow of Deathwing.

Don't even compare the power between them.
    I like how you completely ignored my other points and questions towards DH, guess that proved you wrong huh?

Anyways no the legion didn't attack 4 or 5 times this is the 3rd time, and yes while they failed like Deathwing in the 1st and 2nd invasion, they have caused far more destruction and harm than Deathwing did. Sure Deathwing caused the Cataclysm, but the Burning Legion caused the original Cataclysm that shaped Azeroth in the 1st invasion, and made the night elves lose their immortality in the 2nd one. The third invasion is still ongoing and honestly it's at the start of it, the bigger demons will arrive in 7.2. That's when their massive invasion starts, so if you wanna criticize then do it in 7.2 that's where the focus will be on the Legion.

Current Legion invasion pretty much almost decimated the Alliance and Horde forces on that island and killed the main leaders of both factions aswell as other champions (Tirion and so on). Had they not retreated there wouldn't have been an Alliance or Horde. like Deathwing they also attacked other zones during their invasion events where the entire people of the land had to unite to drive them back.

Deathwing scarred the world and ruined cities while the Legion scarred and ruined countless planets and it's entire inhabitants. The Legion came close to destroying Azeroth in their 1st and 2nd invasion aswell. We even need artifacts of massive power (Some of these artifacts are even made by the Legion) and uniting entire class halls just to combat the Legion this time, did we do the same with Deathwing? Nope.

Yes the Legion is a bigger threat than Deathwing. Deathwing can be perma killed, the legion can't unless it's in the Twisting Nether. The lesser demons are killed by those "asshole" heroes, the big ones? We needed help every single time. Archimonde required the combined forces of humans/night elves/horde and their allies just to delay him from reaching Nordrassil and they eventually failed, only the wisps managed to defeat him after he was distracted. As for Kil'jaeden we needed the blue flight's help and the actual living manifestation of the sunwell just to push him back into the nether. The Lich King is a design from the Legion even, though he acts and thinks willingly and defied the Legion, but had it not been for them there wouldn't be a Lich King.

If your comparing individual wise then Deathwing is more powerful than the Legion individually except the big 3, but for the threat level he's much less than the Legion. Deathwing tried and failed to destroy 1 world. The Legion actually managed to destroy countless worlds before and after finding out about Azeroth. Compare the death toll.

Legion takes it on both power and threatwise.
    Last edited by Nirathiel; 2017-02-06 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know not why we face again the lord trifle lord of eredar gnomes. Maybe we do? I can not say? Who are we to question?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Thought he was Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Trifling Gnome? :O
    I do believe it is actually Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the burning burning burning?

I would hope so, since Gul'dan drops a toy that turns you into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    I like how you completely ignored my other points and questions towards DH, guess that proved you wrong huh?
    Ooooh, I didn't realize you were an idiot, that's my fault. I should've checked your post history before responding and wasting my own time. There is nothing to be gained by arguing with someone with intense confirmation bias. When you see every single detail as something in favor of your argument, well you can't beat that can ya? Might as well goto a psyche ward and convince people to stop being crazy.

That first sentence saved me the hassle of reading the rest of your post which I have no doubt you felt was well thought out and accurate. I'll give you a cookie and a pat on the head and wish you good day. I only have discussions with people who can be rational. It's why I never argue religion with people, because the crazy gets too intense. But they can believe they are "right" because I won't argue it just like you can believe you are "right" because I won't waste my time with you either, it doesn't hurt my feelings any. If you want to think you won an epic internet battle and need to go buy a keyboard warrior trophy for yourself to validate your opinions and beliefs you go right ahead. I just don't have time to waste on you further.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

He never liked his first name, "Ulysses", so he just used the initial.

The middle name "Face" was a family name, I think.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Ooooh, I didn't realize you were an idiot, that's my fault. I should've checked your post history before responding and wasting my own time. There is nothing to be gained by arguing with someone with intense confirmation bias. When you see every single detail as something in favor of your argument, well you can't beat that can ya? Might as well goto a psyche ward and convince people to stop being crazy.

That first sentence saved me the hassle of reading the rest of your post which I have no doubt you felt was well thought out and accurate. I'll give you a cookie and a pat on the head and wish you good day. I only have discussions with people who can be rational. It's why I never argue religion with people, because the crazy gets too intense. But they can believe they are "right" because I won't argue it just like you can believe you are "right" because I won't waste my time with you either, it doesn't hurt my feelings any. If you want to think you won an epic internet battle and need to go buy a keyboard warrior trophy for yourself to validate your opinions and beliefs you go right ahead. I just don't have time to waste on you further.
    I'm happy to be an idiot and do you know why? Cause idiots can be taught and educated to become better beings in their respective societies and become smarter as a whole so i'll take that as a compliment, but the same can't be said for you mate you seem to be the general braindead type. You think your opinion is the only one that matters and whoever disagrees with you is a retard. That and your general hatred of DH and Blizz for adding them and thinking that Legion is the worst expansion, and that Deathwing > Legion threatwise.
    And I don't really have intense bias or anything. You said DH is a disaster for legion and that it makes 0% sense towards everything in Legion whether it's gameplaywise or lorewise or anything else, and then I come in and disagree with what you said. Is that an "intense" bias? to disagree with someone?

Funny that you say "I only have discussions with people who can be rational" cause where is the rationality in your posts? Honestly go to the lore forums and ask if Deathwing is a bigger threat than the legion see how many will agree with this rationality, or say that DH makes no sense in anypoint in Legion and see how many will agree, or that warlock got completely butchered cause their entire playstyle was all about meta.

You sound like those religion people you mentioned, cause you seem to be very salty towards blizz for adding DH. And I don't need to think that I won cause I pretty much did, I debunked you on both of your posts, so you decided to make a post to insult me cause I disagreed with you while you didn't provide anything that made me go "wow this guy got a point" or anything intelligent at all. I thank you for the cookie but you deserve it more have some milk with it aswell, and hey you don't need to waste time cause you're a waste of time yourself. But yeah was a good try of you mate gg was fun

P.S So you check a person's history and you realize this person shared different views 2 years or so ago, and you just assume that they share the same views now as they were before....again general braindead and also creepy at the sametime, do you usually check other people's history posts of 2+ years? But like you said that would be a waste of time, but hey it's your time that got wasted not mine so not gonna complain
    Last edited by Nirathiel; 2017-02-07 at 11:52 AM.