Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Yeah, I don't think putting up a bamboo curtain is the right move for the US, I am fine with it for Japan though. They have their own problems, and unchecked immigration can logically and directly be proven to be detrimental to those problems.

I have not seen any evidence except "alternative facts" that immigration is to cause for any of the US' woes, however. Job Loss & Violence is by far a homegrown issue, and "terrorists" aren't going to be blocked entry by a checkbox on some form that's easily lied on.
    How is it ok for Japan, but not for the US?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I actually agree with you 100% on that. And often it just gets laughed at, sadly enough.
    As it should. If you are so insecure that being impure and/or seeing an interracial couple bothers you should:
    a)Go to therapy
    B) Be prepared to be mocked for it.
    @darenyon Its just more common in Asian culture.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    As it should. If you are so insecure that being impure and/or seeing an interracial couple bothers you should:
    a)Go to therapy
    If someone's been emasculated their whole life (e.g. asian guys) taunting them about racial superiority and inferiority probably won't change much. In fact I'd guess that would stir up a whole lot more racism and do more damage. Therapy, I guess could help.

that is why japan is smart.

don't see liberals crying about them tho cause their obsession with trump isn't the one saying it

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Not exactly a new stance either. Japan has been famously hard to immigrate to for decades. Good luck getting a work visa there without some huge megacorp backing you let alone permanent residency.

And yet, they seem to be doing pretty damn well for themselves. Funny that. It's almost like their government remembers that their prime duty is to their own citizens first and foremost.
    Actually they have a very serious population crisis and very high suicide rates.

They are not doing well for the long term.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

a)Go to therapy
    Yeah if anything Japan would benefit more from immigration than the US. The US does not benefit at all from it currently. We also have a population crisis: its growing to rapidly in lower end neighborhoods and not quickly enough in higher end. Bringing in further poor will just make our issues worse. Not to mention stir more violent crimes as poor neighborhoods tend to be the ones more heavily rooted in racial crimes. You can bet your ass immigrants would be the victims of these and dish it out just as much.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    I like how "our own citizen first" quickly became "our own citizen only".
    Obviously it didn't. They give billions of dollars in foreign aid.

The same applies to pretty much any country that's accused of being racist or something for favoring its own citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    How dare they not accept 3rd world trash into their country. Must be racist , bigots, homophobes, misogynistic.
    This always makes me laugh. :-) Probably because someone is going to take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    I like how "our own citizen first" quickly became "our own citizen only".
    If I had to choose my family or yours - the choice is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure everyone feels that way...until it is their country begging for help. Then it is, "why isn't anyone helping us??"
    Just like Ukraine and still no one gives a single damn.
    Also - that's an off-topic, he was talking about country taking care about it's citizens, not about countries taking care of other countries.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-02-05 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Pretty sure you wouldn't find it funny if people mock you for being different looking than the majority population.
    Everyone is unique in the own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yeah if anything Japan would benefit more from immigration than the US.
    Disagree on Japan.
    With Japan, it's all about preserving the culture and way of life, which is at odds with many countries that seem to demand that an immigrant's perspective be preserved. And with Japan...you can't be wholly Japanese unless you were born in Japan to begin with. That part of the reason why they refuse to have any law recognizing racism. It's endemic and inherent to their own cultural belief.

The US is held to different standards. This standard is called a "double standard".

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land mass, Japan has almost no empty space. Heck, their population growth has led to a serious depletion in farmland to the point where they are growing food in warehouses using UV lights and computer controlled climates.

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    fuck refugees
    ^
    this so much

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Disagree on Japan.
    With Japan, it's all about preserving the culture and way of life, which is at odds with many countries that seem to demand that an immigrant's perspective be preserved. And with Japan...you can't be wholly Japanese unless you were born in Japan to begin with. That part of the reason why they refuse to have any law recognizing racism. It's endemic and inherent to their own cultural belief.
    "You're not our race unless you're born here" was actually a common sentiment all across Europe very recently. That is no way is a Japanese or even Asian thing. Its been status quo for generations.

"You're not our race unless you're born here" was actually a common sentiment all across Europe very recently. That is no way is a Japanese or even Asian thing. Its been status quo for generations.
    Yeah and up to 60 years ago racism was ok, we are above that.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they have a very serious population crisis and very high suicide rates.

They are not doing well for the long term.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah if anything Japan would benefit more from immigration than the US. The US does not benefit at all from it currently. We also have a population crisis: its growing to rapidly in lower end neighborhoods and not quickly enough in higher end. Bringing in further poor will just make our issues worse. Not to mention stir more violent crimes as poor neighborhoods tend to be the ones more heavily rooted in racial crimes. You can bet your ass immigrants would be the victims of these and dish it out just as much.
    Immigrants tend to commit less crime. Check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Land mass, Japan has almost no empty space. Heck, their population growth has led to a serious depletion in farmland to the point where they are growing food in warehouses using UV lights and computer controlled climates.
    Our immigrants do not exactly move to places with low density. They move to places with higher wages,, those places tend to be as dense or more than many Japanese cities.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-02-05 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Why does being from a third world country make you trash exactly? You can't help where you were born.
    It's a generalization but it's one I can explain it.
    Culture is the thing. Culture is the very foundation for a human, A human is nothing once they're born, they're an "empty" shell.
    Culture is the values we're taught, from our parents, school, relatives, it's the norms we're taught, principles etc.
    Now heres why some people call third world countries "trash". They have extreme backwards cultures.
    Where horrible atrocities are the common norm. Some people may reject these norms, and flee in turn, but many keep those norms with them.
    And that is why third world immigrants have a bad reputation, because they tend to make ghettos and then become criminal or have criminal children because they pass on their norms and culture to them. Anti-immigrant groups often bring this up as a reason to deny third world immigration.

Also I'm against multiculturalism, why? Because some cultures quite simply will not work with others.
    How do you put together a culture that has it as a cultural norm to kill their child for refusing to marry their cousin that their parents chose, with one that values liberty, freedom, equal rights, etc.

The truth is, you can't. You get conflict, and this conflict will only escalate. But heres where some people get it wrong. Some people assume it's race or their place of birth. That matters absolutely nothing, culture does. A blue-eyed blond person born in Saudi Arabia and sent to a Koran School and taught the norms of that country, would be just as bad culturally as a native. While a dark skinned, brown eyed person raised in Syria and taught Western values, and going to a private school where such values are taught, this person would be just as western as we are. So no, being from the middle east does not mean you're trash, it just increases your chances of being so. Culture is the problem. And through Culture we must find a solution, like many other things...Culture can change.

Japan is doing the right thing here.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2017-02-05 at 06:09 PM.

Yeah and up to 60 years ago racism was ok, we are above that.

- - - Updated - - -

Immigrants tend to commit less crime. Check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Our immigrants do not exactly move to places with low density. They move to places with higher wages,, those places tend to be as dense or more than many Japanese citizens.
    When I said recently I meant less than a decade ago. Its still fairly common just not as much as it was. I suppose nowadays its not ok to have pride in your nation.

Our immigrants do not exactly move to places with low density. They move to places with higher wages,, those places tend to be as dense or more than many Japanese cities.
    I'm glad someone else noticed this. I've replied the following to a couple people in the thread without any reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    People keep saying this, but it's kind of an odd claim in context. Refugees aren't typically settled to Wyoming or North Dakota. The two largest settlement places off the top of my head are probably Houston and Minneapolis. A quick check reveals that Minneapolis is ~2.5X as dense as Nagasaki, which has a similar population. I don't hear a lot of people saying that Minneapolis is just full up, can't take any more people, but apparently Nagasaki is?
    There's probably at least some decent exchange to be had on the matter, but it's kind of telling that people who seem pretty sure that Japan just doesn't have space ignore these replies.

Every country should tend to its own. Charity to other countries has almost always ended badly one simply has to look at Africa's population problem to see why.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    7 posts in and this thread is already toxic as fuck. What's wrong with you people?
    I believe you meant to say "Accurate as fuck."

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Every country should tend to its own. Charity to other countries has almost always ended badly one simply has to look at Africa's population problem to see why.
    You mean Leopold II ''charitably'' trading bullets for rubber ?

- - - Updated - - -

When I said recently I meant less than a decade ago. Its still fairly common just not as much as it was. I suppose nowadays its not ok to have pride in your nation.
    For some absurd reason, after sending millions of Brits, French, Germans and Italians dying in trenches, it died out. Especially after a mustachooed maniac tried an encore.

It's fun when you are an American to have ''pride in your nation'', in the sense of attacking randomly foreign countries. It's a lot less pleasant when it your cities that are bombed to rubble.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You mean Leopold II ''charitably'' trading bullets for rubber ?

- - - Updated - - -

For some absurd reason, after sending millions of Brits, French, Germans and Italians dying in trenches, it died out. Especially after a mustachooed maniac tried an encore.

It's fun when you are an American to have ''pride in your nation'', in the sense of attacking randomly foreign countries. It's a lot less pleasant when it your cities that are bombed to rubble.
    More of giving them food...