Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    your opinion means fuckall to other players.

i dont care about world firsts its not anything special to me. it happens every damn tier.

micro holidays are fun, i deserve to have fun things just like you deserve to have new raid tears.

7.1.5 is a half of a patch, for us plebs that enjoy fun stuff. you get the other prominent patches.
    and your opinion means fuckall to other players. lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine94 View Post
    what do u guys think bout this? a guild has worked hard to kill guldan mythic as 1st in the whole world. now look blizzard says "congrats exorsus" and thats it. seriously? but other things for example: before 7.15 came out they announced like 10 times that useless micro holidays crap or "pandaria time walking dungeons will be possible"(like its something soooo special). and now some guild has managed to clear MYTHIC Nighthold, what is way more special than stuff like that micro holidays but all blizzard does is saying "congrats"? im still new to WoW, is it always like this?, enlighten me if im wrong, but thats just the experience i made and they way i feel
    In a world where people envy you so hard you they will try to make you trip on anything?
    In a world where people feel so entitled that "equality" is justice, even if there is no merit?

People go out of their ways to mud down the achievements of others. The community of this game specially. Exclusivity in WoW is gone, Exorsus (which is the world 1st guild) already said that it's very hard to maintain a high cometitive guild because there are no incentives for players to work that hard.
    My guild is 7/10 mythic, and our roster is very volatile since it's hard to get people sitting through so many wipes, just for "fame" which only a very small amount of players know it exists or even follows it.
    If blizzard does anything, the entitled players will start flooding the forums.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-02-05 at 03:36 PM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The fame and Feat of Strength is the reward. There isn't a need for anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A region wide announcement of the kill.
    Also, this. That's also a big boost to fame added in by the devs.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I'd prefer the 'Worlds Fastest' to get recognized. The guild who downs the bosses in the quickest amount of raid time gets that achievement.

I think the "realm first" announcement that already is in place should be region-wide for the world first kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

1. Sponserships , as all 'best X in the world' gets
    2. Personal goal achieved
    3. Fame if you can hold the title for long enough (look at Ensidia's Kungen, or Method as a whole - huge streams / organisations off the back of being world #1)

I'd take all 3 of the above over Blizzard handing me a little sticker that says "world #1" on it.

your guild gets 3 chests irl full of rewards for everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    1. Sponserships , as all 'best X in the world' gets
    2. Personal goal achieved
    3. Fame if you can hold the title for long enough (look at Ensidia's Kungen, or Method as a whole - huge streams / organisations off the back of being world #1)

I'd take all 3 of the above over Blizzard handing me a little sticker that says "world #1" on it.
    You don't get sponsored "just" for being in the top.

It's something you get for consistently being talked about. You can be a #45 guild and still get sponsorship. People need to stop saying that everyone in top guilds are sponsored, and that's why they can play so much.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont care about world firsts its not anything special to me. it happens every damn tier.

micro holidays are fun, i deserve to have fun things just like you deserve to have new raid tears.

7.1.5 is a half of a patch, for us plebs that enjoy fun stuff. you get the other prominent patches.
    Oh my god the irony.. Why should your opinion matter to us, if the OP's don't?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i doubt that these days a WF is that special...

ofc it is special in terms of everything surrounding. but in the grand scheme of things.... naaaah. to me, black temple WF was special. naxx40 was special. Lich WF was special. Sunwell was special. but Guldan WF ? Its just 1 of the top guilds had more lucky RNG than the others and killed a meaningless endboss in a meaningless streamlined millenials-game. nothing special there. at least for me.
    There's more competetion now, than previously. Paragon falling apart gave motivation to a lot of old 4-5 day guilds that are now pushing 7 days.

what do u guys think bout this? a guild has worked hard to kill guldan mythic as 1st in the whole world. now look blizzard says "congrats exorsus" and thats it. seriously? but other things for example: before 7.15 came out they announced like 10 times that useless micro holidays crap or "pandaria time walking dungeons will be possible"(like its something soooo special). and now some guild has managed to clear MYTHIC Nighthold, what is way more special than stuff like that micro holidays but all blizzard does is saying "congrats"? im still new to WoW, is it always like this?, enlighten me if im wrong, but thats just the experience i made and they way i feel
    that because even if it might be hard to take nobody besides few of of people on mmchampion gives any fucks about mythic raiding.

microholidays on other hand will be widely used by ton of casual players who bring ton more $$$ to blizzard then mythic raiding ever did or ever will be.

hell releasing new shop mount would bring more $$$ to blizz then hc+mythic raiding combined -_-

7+ Year Old Account
    1. a multi million dollar company congratulating you is not "rewarding" ok
    2.they get a feat of strength that they can now forever show off
    3. do you think any game should spend time making something only 20 people will EVER get to use?

lots of people like pandaria timewalking
    and the micro holidays are small tests and things people can do for fun, that dont actually take up that much dev time as they are alot of already made assets and systems
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I completely agree with you. These players sacrifices hours of real life in order to push for "world first", they should atleast be given a special mount or some unique mog for their armor type.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    The fame is the reward.
    Most don't even know about this. A "congratz" from a warcraft twitter account won't change that. I would love to see some special stuff for the top 3 guilds. Or something like a leaderboard for raids, just like the leaderboard for mythic+.

The guild's name in the summoning stone is a great idea and pretty cool actually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Wasn't that removed like 2 expansions ago
    yes the realm first acheivs are gone, they got acheives and titles
    however world first raiding still gets a feat of strength no title, nothing, just a feat that you can show off

Then starts stating their own opinion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    I completely agree with you. These players sacrifices hours of real life in order to push for "world first", they should atleast be given a special mount or some unique mog for their armor type.
    fuck no
    do you really think blizzard should make content that only 20 people will ever get to use!?
    imagine going "you know what iwant to make a mog" then going through the list "oh i like this set, and this set, and this set... oh wait... there is 39 sets (per class) that i cant use because i was not in the world first group to kill them!"

why would ANYONE want blizz to make 390 armor sets that ONLY 20 PEOPLE will EVER get to use...

we allready have enough with the ELITE pvp sets, but atleast hundreds of thousands of people get to use those

i allready hate having items like mogs or mounts you cant obtain anymore because they are such cool looks and everything should be able to be obtained if you work hard enough, but there is some things unless you were there, you can NEVER obtain, and on a game that goes forever and over that is stupid IMO
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-05 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    You know what would be a cool, humble and simple way to do this? Carve their name in to the raid summoning stone.
    Haha, that would be hilarious for all the account switching that goes on in WF guilds :-D Lol

Also, this whole idea is silly. They already get pretty damn exclusive achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    fuck no
    do you really think blizzard should make content that only 20 people will ever get to use!?
    imagine going "you know what iwant to make a mog" then going through the list "oh i like this set, and this set, and this set... oh wait... there is 39 sets (per class) that i cant use because i was not in the world first group to kill them!"

why would ANYONE want blizz to make 390 armor sets that ONLY 20 PEOPLE will EVER get to use...

we allready have enough with the ELITE pvp sets, but atleast hundreds of thousands of people get to use those

i allready hate having items like mogs or mounts you cant obtain anymore because they are such cool looks and everything should be able to be obtained if you work hard enough, but there is some things unless you were there, you can NEVER obtain, and on a game that goes forever and over that is stupid IMO
    Clearly you dont know about the black battle tank and where did you pull 39 out of lol... I said armor type: plate, cloth, leather, mail. Thats four.

Quote Originally Posted by Velikanthehunter View Post
    You don't get sponsored "just" for being in the top.

It's something you get for consistently being talked about. You can be a #45 guild and still get sponsorship. People need to stop saying that everyone in top guilds are sponsored, and that's why they can play so much.
    You can be in no guild at all and still get a sponsorship. But seeing as thats irrelevant, and the point of the thread is "world 1st rewards" I'm going to talk about how literally every consistent region or world top guild has gotten a shit ton of sponsorships

Nihilum, Ensidia, Paragon, Blood Legion, Method, Midwinter, Stars, Exorsus, Serenity

All of the above guilds participate in the world 1st race. All of the above guilds have gotten many sponsorship.

Its putting the cart before the horse to assume that people don't get sponsorships because they're world / region 1st, but rather "talked about"

Let me ask you this question - how many guilds can you name in the world 50-100 bracket?

The guilds are 'talked about' because they participate consistently, in the world first race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    You know what would be a cool, humble and simple way to do this? Carve their name in to the raid summoning stone. A little tiny plaque at the bottom that would list World First and Realm First completion. It's nothing extravagant, you're already rewarded with gear, achievements and mounts so there isn't any need for anything like that. Just a small ode to the champions who first defeated the raid.
    the issue with that is there where 10/25 for alot of raids... so two plaques? who goes ontop? the people who killed first? or the higher number?
    some names im pretty sure have been lost to time, and some raids summoning stones are out in buttfuck no where (BT for example)