Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    The "Vote" option is more complicated than the writer is making it out to be.

The United States uses an electoral rather than a popular vote process. Democrats have so concentrated their efforts into the Urban areas, abandoning rural counties that they have really hurt themselves on the national elections, as well as the House of Representatives. The only way around this would be a "change" election, where the populace is sick of the Republicans again (like in 2006 and 2008) and the centrist 15% of the country flips to the Democrats again. Or the Democrats could have another charismatic politician come up from the ranks again.

This person would have to be someone that people would be "proud" to vote for, regardless of minor policy differences.

The Senate is a bit of a different animal and I could see it swinging back to the Dems in say 2020 or 2022.

To get an idea of how bad Democrats, with this excessive concentration, look at this map:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ele...sident/ca.html

click the "zoom out to full map" and you'll see the entire country. Cities with large populations, say 1 mil or more, are by and large Democrat strong holds. Rural areas are Republican strongholds, nearly without exception.

Democrats have to excite the rural voter to win national election, or the Republicans have to put forward a weak candidate. Republicans' have to speak to the middle class nationally, breaking into the urban centers, or the Democrats have to field and weak candidate, for them to win.

In 2016 democrats fielded a weak candidate and Republican's fielded a candidate that spoke to "some" of the issues that middle America felt had been ignored during the Obama administration. Trump played the Map in a bombastic fashion. Clinton played to the base and secure urban centers.
    I believe I read somewhere that Democrats lost nearly 1,000 representatives in office since Obama took office.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Protesting has been a viable means of expressing dissent since we dumped tea in the harbor. It is also a constitutionally protected means of self-organization. There is a reason our founding fathers included it when drafting it, our entire country was founded on the principles inherent in it.
    Right. But it doesn't do anything or work, especially in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Number seven is just irrationally shitting on liberals for no reason. I have several degrees, put myself through undergraduate and law school, have a finance degree, run 70 miles a week and have fulfilling friends and hobbies. I don't have time to watch your house or kids, sorry. But keep telling me what a loser I am, I am greatly amused by it.
    It certainly seems that way at first glance, but a closer look makes it seem to be focusing on the jobless neck-beard, "activist" types, in which case is mostly justified. Nothing wrong with calling douche bags douche bags.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Which leads to this. Anti-Trump did vote. It's the moderate who didn't (read: Cancelled their votes).
    People need to stop with "cancelled muh vote" nonsense. Not voting is just as much a viable option as voting and doing so does not "cancel out" anyone's vote. All the "cancel out" comments do is blame someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I believe I read somewhere that Democrats lost nearly 1,000 representatives in office since Obama took office.
    1042 total seats was the last number I saw: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...der-obama.html

The grand total: a net loss of 1,042 state and federal Democratic posts, including congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and the presidency.
    Democratic U.S. Senate seats fell from 55 to 46. Their share of the House plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers going into the next session.

Democratic governerships also became a rarity during this eight-year period, slipping from 28 to 16.

The Obama years, which saw the rise of the Tea Party as well as a new movement form around Trump that is still being defined, coincided with a loss of 958 state legislative seats for Democrats.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to Ron Paul (I think that's his name) ? He had some good ideas, they just didn't go well with corporations.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    He's 100% right. In Poland we experienced similar scenario year ago. Now liberal opposition is in worst state in our recent history. And Hungary experienced that few years ago. I'm not trying to convince you, I know you won't listen and you don't understand. Just look from perspective how histerical this forum is, and consider what typical (not invested in politics) person will think about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Love it when people are trying to stop people from protesting, I don't think the US is an authoritarian state(for now).
    Well, from your avatar I guess that you love when someone stop people from protesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 Consider your allies.

When you associate yourselves with hate groups, like BLM and Antifa, you get stigmatized as an authoritarian group. You're not helping yourselves - likewise, if Trump did associate himself with the alt-right, he would've shot himself in the foot. But he was intelligent enough not to.
    They won't ditch those groups though, as they haven't grasped how polarising they are and think the votes they bring in are worth it.

I have said this before, but when a divisive group somehow attaches itself to your political party, then you need to make it very public that you don't want anything to do with them, otherwise everything they do gets pinned on you - Trump distanced himself from the KKK endorsement.

The Democrats went the opposite way and had senior politicians openly supporting, or at least refusing to withdraw support for, the likes of BLM. And so everytime BLM rioted or chanted about killing police, then it reflected on Clinton and Trump milked that connection.

Maybe the votes of BLM supporters are worth it, but I find that unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

Well, from your avatar I guess that you love when someone stop people from protesting.
    You guessed wrong, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    1042 total seats was the last number I saw: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...der-obama.html
    Strange the mainstream media does not really talk about this much at all. I wonder why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    ''muh liberal tears''

People in your contry will die or go bankrupt from losing their healthcare. Hope the memes were worth it.
    People fly in from other countries BECAUSE of our healthcare. They want to come to our hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Here is an interesting article in one of Today's Australian Newspapers

Kinda makes me laugh as to what the reporter says, but most makes common sense.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...ba9bc4a95829f6

ATTENTION, Trump-haters! You all want to get rid of the 45th President of the United States, and that’s fair enough, but you’re going about it completely the wrong way. Honestly, it’s almost as though none of you has any political* skills at all. Please sit quietly* for a time and pay careful attention while you read the following idiot-proof seven-point guide to Trump removal.

1 Select an opposing candidate who isn’t actively despised by basically everybody.

Granted, this would have been better advice prior to last November’s US election but will still come in handy some time before the next election in 2020. Last week NBC presenter Chuck Todd admitted reporters always knew Hillary Clinton was considered unelectable by much of middle America, yet they failed to convey that information.

“Where I think political correctness got in the way of what we all knew as reporters and didn’t fully deliver was how hated the Clintons were in the heartland,” Todd admitted. “I think we underplayed it a little bit out of political correctness fears.”

They’ve been underplaying it and missing clear evidence on this for years. Back when Clinton first considered running for the US senate in 1999, her supporters produced bumper stickers reading: “Run, Hillary, Run!” These stickers were very popular in the south. People put them on their pickup trucks. On the front.

2 Vote.

This cannot be emphasised enough. You’ll save a lot of effort and energy by marching once to a polling booth on election day than by marching through entire cities afterwards.

Also, you don’t need to make any signs or banners or big, giant puppet heads.

According to Republican strategist Evan Siegfried, about one million young voters simply didn’t bother to turn up last November. “They decided to stay home, and that’s what really hurt Hillary Clinton,” he told the ABC.

Great work, kids.

3 Give up the marches and demonstrations.

They don’t work. No, wait; they do work, but not for your side. Donald Trump’s approval ratings have only increased following all of those shouty anti-Trump rallies.

People don’t like mobs, which is why demonstrations don’t work even on the rare occasions when they’re organized by conservatives

4 Don’t smash stuff.

If you must demonstrate, please keep things within the boundaries of civil behaviour, or at least be aware of the legal consequences. The kids who got all smashy and burny at Washington’s post-inauguration rallies evidently didn’t check their local statutes. Under Washington DC law, they now face felony charges.

Attorney Grandison Hill represented some of the alleged rioters last week during a court appearance. He said his clients were worried. They should be. If they’re convicted of felony rioting, they face up to 10 years in jail.

Riots have other predictable consequences, too. Last week charmingly outspoken libertarian Milo Yiannopoulos cancelled a University of California speaking engagement after leftist students went on a rampage.

Pre-publication sales of Milo’s book Dangerous instantly increased by 12,740 per cent.

Yesterday it was Amazon’s global number one bestseller, having previously been ranked 642nd. Those rioters were a Milo money-making machine, while the man himself presumably just went back to his hotel room, put his feet up and ordered room service. Job done. Easy.

5 Ditch the celebrities.

Donald Trump was a viable celebrity candidate because his policies are of a piece with his circumstances. He’s a rich guy who wants others to get rich.

By contrast, millionaire leftist actors pretending to have something in common with people who really do work for a living tend to only look foolish and fraudulent.

6 Quit making things up.

Social media was full of claims last week that zealous airport officials had handcuffed little children who arrived in the US from countries that were subject to Trump’s temporary immigration ban.

“Here’s a picture from Dulles Airport the other day of a 4-year-old girl and her parents handcuffed,” claimed one Twitter user. “5-year-old handcuffed at Dulles Airport! What has America come to?” wailed another.

Problem was, the first image didn’t show anybody in handcuffs and the second image was taken at a Kentucky school two years ago — in Obama’s America.

When you have to make things up in order to attack someone, normal people will assume — reasonably enough — that facts are insufficient to bring that person down.

7 Consider your allies.

Look around you, anti-Trumpers. Are your comrades really the sort of characters with whom you wish to be associated? Examine their track records. Are they winners? Do they succeed more often than they fail? Do they lie a lot? Would you trust them to look after your children, your property, or even a house pet?

It could well be that the anti-Trump cause isn’t worth pursuing, simply on the basis of all the losers involved.

If so, cut your losses and bail out now.
    NOPE! They will double and even triple down on the name calling and pushing anyone but the hardcore left and special snowflake groups further from them. Because remember if you're not totally in lock step with each and everything the left wants you are a xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, racist, anti-muslim, whateverthenewbuzzwordisphobic and must be destroyed!

What's funny is the left screams FASCIST!! in one breath and then in the next wants to put everyone who disagrees with them up against a wall and shoot them.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    People need to stop with "cancelled muh vote" nonsense. Not voting is just as much a viable option as voting and doing so does not "cancel out" anyone's vote. All the "cancel out" comments do is blame someone else.
    There's a difference between cancelling a vote and not voting though.

Not voting is to act against democracy by saying "I don't care". Voting and cancelling means "Your propositions are crap and let it be known".
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I thought the best way to convince people you were right was to attack people with baseball bats and claim they are nazis.

How do you know they are nazis? Who cares thats a question a evil nazi would ask.

Its fun watching people you politically are aligned against implode. Eight years of winning secured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    What's funny is the left screams FASCIST!! in one breath and then in the next wants to put everyone who disagrees with them up against a wall and shoot them.
    To be fair, putting everyone who disagrees with them up against the wall and shooting them, has been a far left tactic before Fascism was a well known thing, so that is not Fascist. It was particularly popular amongst the Soviets.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You guessed wrong, sorry.
    So you don't really understand what that symbol represent. And if it's joke it's not good material for joking, nobody would think it's funny either if you put together anime and swastika.

Deleted
    The left should keep on doing what they currently are doing, so our glorious leader has 8 years to make America great again

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with left protestors smashing things. I say keep going. As long as they are smashing their own things in predominant left cities on the east and west coast. Plus, just makes them look silly.

Protests only boosting his approval rating ?

I would disagree.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7563091.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Protests only boosting his approval rating ?

I would disagree.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7563091.html
    Those polls are likely inaccurate much like the ones going into the election were. The pollsters don't know how to account for the amount of people who are ashamed to admit they support him to another person, which seems to be quite a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between cancelling a vote and not voting though.
    Yeah, not voting is a thing. "Cancelling" a vote isn't.

Not voting is to act against democracy by saying "I don't care". Voting and cancelling means "Your propositions are crap and let it be known".
    An "act against democracy"? Sounds like idealist drivel to me. The right to vote inherently includes the right to not vote. Just as the freedom of religion inherently includes the right to not be religious. The notion that someone who doesn't vote (or someone who votes for the other candidate) "cancels out" your vote is infantile, at best. The value of a individual vote is not based on who the vote is for or even whether or not it's cast, it's that the individual gets to makes that choice. Criticizing those who vote differently or who don't vote is more an "act against democracy" than anything else.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-02-05 at 09:12 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'd rather not use an Idiot's Guide. That's how we got Trump in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I could understand effort to beat Trump starting in 2019 for the 2020 election. Being in a frenzy about it in 2017 comes off as liberal hysteria as opposed to professional political effort.
    ya Devoss(and the other nominations), alt-facts, ect is just "Lib hysteria" /s