Are artifact appearances account-wide?

If I have leveled an Alliance character to 110 and unlocked a hidden appearance, will the appearance be instantly available on a Horde character of the same class, or will I have to hunt it down on the second toon?

Example: I've unlocked the Elemental appearance on a Draenei Shaman and now want to level a Troll Shaman to 110. Does the troll have to get the hidden appearance separately?

Hidden appearances are purely character-based. You'd have to get it again on a different character of the same class.

I think the only appearance that is account-wide is the archaeology tint.

Only the one from Archaeology is account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Which is bullshit because the Balance of Power chain should also be account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace192 View Post
    Which is bullshit because the Balance of Power chain should also be account wide.
    Damn. Not even the multiple Prestige appearances? D:

I hope when legion is finished that the appearances WILL be boa like the other transmog weapons and that they appear in the tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Glory of the Hero achievement from Legion dungeons is also account-wide... but only if you finished the Balance of Power questline on the secondary character to actually access it in the first place.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyiandris View Post
    Damn. Not even the multiple Prestige appearances? D:
    Yeah, that is really going to be a pain in the ass. I am not a PvPer, and I didn't even prestige for the first time and it's already feeling like a grind.

How are people supposed to be able to go through 50 ranks 20 times is beyond me, but then again, pure PvPers get ranks significantly faster so it is only natural that the PvP skin is directed at pure PvPers to farm.

Yeah, it sucks.

Since the PvP appearances are linked to achievements, I expected that you'd only need to get the 1st PvP appearance with each alt, and the recolors would need to be unlocked only once. However, it's not the case: each character needs to unlock the recolors by prestiging, which sucks.

Same with hidden appearance recolors. Getting the main appearance should be character-bound, but the recolors would be available for the entire account.